The Student Room Group

Resists?

Okay so I'm really upset about my GCSE I'll likley only get 3As 4Bs and 1C but I really wanted to be a optometrist or a biomedical scientist. I actually had a lot of problems. Due to some cricmumstances I had to change schools in the middle of year 11. I hate my life right now. I want to take a resit in maths in November to atleast get a B my collage claimed that they'll put me in a special course if I want it, the main question is how do universities feel about November resits?
Then I see people crying because oh no they've gotten a B in something and people have amazing GCSEs like 6As and 4A*s
So how do universities feel about GCSEs and resist in general? I was more then capable of achieving As in eveything even my teachers have said so but changing schools in hers 11 is stressful!
Original post by Matilda612
Okay so I'm really upset about my GCSE I'll likley only get 3As 4Bs and 1C but I really wanted to be a optometrist or a biomedical scientist. I actually had a lot of problems. Due to some cricmumstances I had to change schools in the middle of year 11. I hate my life right now. I want to take a resit in maths in November to atleast get a B my collage claimed that they'll put me in a special course if I want it, the main question is how do universities feel about November resits?
Then I see people crying because oh no they've gotten a B in something and people have amazing GCSEs like 6As and 4A*s
So how do universities feel about GCSEs and resist in general? I was more then capable of achieving As in eveything even my teachers have said so but changing schools in hers 11 is stressful!

Universities allow for special circumstances like yours and so it is unlikely that they frown upon you taking a resit to achieve a higher grade. Although they do consider GCSEs, AS and A level grades are more important.

Quick Reply

Latest