The Student Room Group

Ladies - any foundation recommendations that won't oxidise and turn orange?!

I have yellow undertones but I found that any foundation that I try that's warm just ends up turning orange. I've tried Maybelline Fit Me and Loreal True match but they both turn orange. Rimmel just ends up being too pink for me and I'm not too sure about No7 as of yet...I've only tried a sample
I think you should try the Body Shop Nude Foundation:smile:
Original post by alishba-rosex
I think you should try the Body Shop Nude Foundation:smile:

I have dry skin as opposed to oily...so I'm not looking for a matte finish. Also, how's the coverage?
Original post by JubilationXXV
I have dry skin as opposed to oily...so I'm not looking for a matte finish. Also, how's the coverage?

The coverage sets really well and this is coming from a person who's not a fan of wearing makeup lol
The coverage sets really well and this is coming from a person who's not a fan of wearing makeup lol

I'll definitely try it! Thanks!
Reply 5
^
I always use the body shop foundation. I think the coverage is alright plus it looks really natural if you buy the correct shade :smile:
I'll definitely try it! Thanks!

No problem
Original post by ArMy07
^
I always use the body shop foundation. I think the coverage is alright plus it looks really natural if you buy the correct shade :smile:

yass:smile:
Reply 8
yass:smile:

u know girl :u:
I have yellow undertones but I found that any foundation that I try that's warm just ends up turning orange. I've tried Maybelline Fit Me and Loreal True match but they both turn orange. Rimmel just ends up being too pink for me and I'm not too sure about No7 as of yet...I've only tried a sample

Bourjois healthy mix is a good one :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Try kiko universal fit hydrating foundation. Its coverage is really good and it lasts most of the day for me. A good finishing powder is essential i think or spray...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the no7 stay matte foundation! I wouldn't say it has an overly matte finish so could still work with your skin too, but it applies so well and suits my skin tone perfectly!

Is this one of The Donald's sock puppets?
its pricey but nars sheer glow foundation is amazing! i got it for my birthday and its amazing coverage but still looks natural. If you live in the uk, you can go to john lewis/harvey nichols and get colour matched based on your undertone and whether you are light, medium or dark skinned. Hope this helps!

when i don't use my nars one i use No7 airbrush away foundation and it's just as good but way less expensive!
Reply 15
I have yellowish undertones however I'm still more neutral and I use MAC studio sculpt in shade NC25, so good because you can choose from cool or warm or neutral shades. Best foundation by far that I have used and not too pricey either. I think coverage isn't too heavy that it's extremely noticeable because foundation lines look good on no girl.. but it covers up nicely enough and gives a flawless look. Best used with a beauty blender in my experience which you damp slightly and use a patting motion to put on

Posted from TSR Mobile
boursjois (sp?) healthy mix is fab! and revlon colour stay (theres a type for dry skin too)
Original post by 9hk9
Try kiko universal fit hydrating foundation. Its coverage is really good and it lasts most of the day for me. A good finishing powder is essential i think or spray...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good one, I have that one but it's too warm for me. The best one ever for me (after years of looking for something that matches my skin)! Is "Time balm" by "The balm" £22 and it is amazing, full coverage without having to add much

Quick Reply

Latest