The Student Room Group

Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Algeriandz
ramadan kareem my gs

u too
i'm hungry already and I haven't even started D:
Original post by ChamPanZee
I'm planning on fasting through them. Only have 4 exams during Ramadan, so InShaAllah it'll go well ...(hopefully :biggrin: )

InshAllah & good luck X
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
Prolly. I'll be able to concentrate better

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
allahafiz

im staying up till sehri revising lol
Original post by sfarquhar0
i'm hungry already and I haven't even started D:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL goodluck to u then xD
Ramadan starts Tuesday. Anyone following Saudi and starting tomorrow needs a lobotomy.
Original post by interact
Because they don't view it as a sin but as something that diverts them from the remembrence of God, and as many would like to, in a holy month, focus as much on God they'll stop listening to music. For some muslims, music helps and theyll continue listening

I am not a scholar but the following website contains enough evidence to make me dismiss what you said about music not being viewed 'as a sin'.
http://www.islaamnet.com/musicharam.html
You state that music can 'help some Muslims' but you have not elaborated.
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
mans gonna buss a quikey before rammadanny styll styll ygm bmt yhyh safe innit allofdatallofdatallofdat

baffedd:rofl::rofl:
Ramadan Mubarak :smile:
Original post by mariam687

I don't think that's a good idea but it is up to you and good luck X
Original post by Belmtaie
Not all Muslims think music to be haram, I for example don't. During the month of Ramadan I do reduce the amount I listen to and sometimes I don't listen to it at all. However that is not due to me regarding it a 'sin' but because I want to focus on worship and worship alone. Instead I replace it with things that will be seen as an act of worship, such as listening to the Quran.

What Muslims think is not of any importance when we take into consideration the fact that Islam states listening to music is indeed a sin.
http://www.islaamnet.com/musicharam.html
some people are fasting tomorro, some on tuesday
we always get this problem uc xD

Oh kl.. I'm going to sleep right now. SO bye!
Original post by sophia.f
I don't think that's a good idea but it is up to you and good luck X

Thank you <3
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Oh kl.. I'm going to sleep right now. SO bye!

Goodnight brother

sleep tight :smile:
Are you ready? :smile:

im v excited !!

[video="youtube;huOv7hta1Ho"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huOv7hta1Ho[/video]

Click HERE for the countdown :smile:

Well it depends because some are doing it on Tuesday due to the moon not being sighted as a new moon tonight. It depends on whether you follow the lunar calender or not.
Either way Ramadan Mubarak!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maz0110
Well it depends because some are doing it on Tuesday due to the moon not being sighted as a new moon tonight. It depends on whether you follow the lunar calender or not.

yh, some are doing it tomorro some on tues, but its been confirmed in saudi and every yr we follow wht they say
SO EXCITEDDDDDD :yay:

Ive been looking forward to this month all year...nothing can compare to the feeling Ramadaan brings :ahee:
I hate that my lady calendar is such that I miss the first few and the last few. I always miss out on the fun parts :sad:

I've realised that I'll be pretty occupied by exams this year though so I'm essentially expecting Ramadan to fly by

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending