The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College best accommodation

Hey! Applications for accommodation will open soon and I wanted to know which halls do you recommend most? I think my 5 choices will be en-suite single rooms at Beit, Southside, Eastside, Pembridge and Wilson. Are they good choices?
Thank you :smile:
Depends what you want from them. Beit, eastside and Southside are all crossing a road away from university. Eastside and Southside are the newest built accommodation and Beit is more like the party accommodation. Wilson is across Hyde park which gives you a nice walk in the morning everyday and very close to Oxford street. Pembridge has about 100 people so it's a very small hall so I'm guessing it's more of a close knit atmosphere there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I think mine will be Beit, Eastside, Pembridge, Wilson and for my 5th one I can't choose between Woodward or Evelyn Gardens. I'm not sure if it's true but I read somewhere that you can't choose Southside and Eastside both; you have to pick one. I chose Eastside just because it's cheaper :biggrin: But when I visited the uni and accommodation my friends and I came to the same consensus that Southside and Eastside rooms were tiny boxes and had larger kitchens but that meant more people shared one kitchen. *sigh* At least the location is nice. But also I felt they looked too fancy and so couldn't feel "home-like".

For my 5th choice I'm leaving towards Evelyn Gardens just for location but Woodward looks so damn good. I crossed out Xenia because you'd have to pay 20 quid per week for the tube travelcard and when you add that onto the weekly price it gets too much. That's why Woodward makes more sense; even with the 20 pounds per week it's decent.
Reply 3
Your social life will suffer in Pembridge - from my experience most people in Pembridge primarily hang out with other people from Pembridge. It's an extremely small, closeknit hall.

Beit, Southside, Eastside are extremely close to the main campus so pick that if you're gonna be in South Kensington the most. Wilson is not too bad either - just a short walk through Hyde Park. I know plenty of people who cycle from there too and there are lots of bike sheds on campus and in Wilson should you want to.

Beit gets very noisy at night, but you do get free entry to all the events :wink:

Woodward is the best hall in terms of facilities except it is let down by its proximity from uni.

Xenia is expensive and far away, though the facilities aren't that bad (I live there!). It's not owned by Imperial, though, so keep that in mind.
Hi! Am I right to say that freshers cannot apply to Evelyn Gardens? I saw from the Imperial website that it's only for returning students?
Original post by ixorarose
Hi! Am I right to say that freshers cannot apply to Evelyn Gardens? I saw from the Imperial website that it's only for returning students?

Yup, that's correct.
Reply 6
I've heard that Southside and Eastside are quite international and not as social as some other halls because of all en-suites and the nice kitchens and the close proximity. Does anyone know anything about this or if its true?
Reply 7
Original post by mln98
I've heard that Southside and Eastside are quite international and not as social as some other halls because of all en-suites and the nice kitchens and the close proximity. Does anyone know anything about this or if its true?

It's true that there is a high proportion of wealthy international students in those halls (Thanks Imperial for raising the prices once again!!) but my friends there are still quite social. Those halls host a lot of events and there is always a good turnout. I wouldn't really worry about such things if I were you. If you are a social person, you will find other social people no matter what hall you are placed in.
Reply 8
Original post by bwr19
It's true that there is a high proportion of wealthy international students in those halls (Thanks Imperial for raising the prices once again!!) but my friends there are still quite social. Those halls host a lot of events and there is always a good turnout. I wouldn't really worry about such things if I were you. If you are a social person, you will find other social people no matter what hall you are placed in.

That's reassuring, thank you! Ofc I don't have anything against international students, i have lots of friends who are I've just heard that at other unis you sometimes end up with a whole hall of internationals because you can stay there over holidays or things like that.

Thanks!!
Original post by bwr19
Your social life will suffer in Pembridge - from my experience most people in Pembridge primarily hang out with other people from Pembridge. It's an extremely small, closeknit hall.

Beit, Southside, Eastside are extremely close to the main campus so pick that if you're gonna be in South Kensington the most. Wilson is not too bad either - just a short walk through Hyde Park. I know plenty of people who cycle from there too and there are lots of bike sheds on campus and in Wilson should you want to.

Beit gets very noisy at night, but you do get free entry to all the events :wink:

Woodward is the best hall in terms of facilities except it is let down by its proximity from uni.

Xenia is expensive and far away, though the facilities aren't that bad (I live there!). It's not owned by Imperial, though, so keep that in mind.

I lived in Pembridge and my social life was pretty damn good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending