The Student Room Group

CCEA - AS History Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubbles98
How do all you guys structure your 35 markers??

i copied and pasted this from another thread, it might help!
"The 35 mark question should be written like an essay with the sources and your historiography embedded within. Start with a 7-8 line introduction, stating whether you agree or disagree with the question. Questions on the economy, women, Jews etc should be split up into success/failure, whereas a question on the establishment of the Nazi dictatorship should be split up into legal/illegal means. You should address each source at least once, and you need at least 7 interpretations. Finish the essay by stating your opinion, and back it up with an interpretation or a strong quote from a source. Your conclusion should be about half a page long. The total essay should be about 4-5 a4 sides long."
Original post by sunflower17
i copied and pasted this from another thread, it might help!
"The 35 mark question should be written like an essay with the sources and your historiography embedded within. Start with a 7-8 line introduction, stating whether you agree or disagree with the question. Questions on the economy, women, Jews etc should be split up into success/failure, whereas a question on the establishment of the Nazi dictatorship should be split up into legal/illegal means. You should address each source at least once, and you need at least 7 interpretations. Finish the essay by stating your opinion, and back it up with an interpretation or a strong quote from a source. Your conclusion should be about half a page long. The total essay should be about 4-5 a4 sides long."

Thank you so much!!
Does anyone have good notes on Nazi Economy? I'm confused about how much detail we have to know on schacht and the new plan and then goering and the 4 year plan
Thank you so much!!
Does anyone have good notes on Nazi Economy? I'm confused about how much detail we have to know on schacht and the new plan and then goering and the 4 year plan

if you get asked a question 35 marker on the economy you'll go into detail on whether it was a success or failer so you'd need statistical detail on the progress or shorts that each economic plan made. it would be good to be able to note down key detail about each plan eg the new plan brought about mass construction of social facilities and useful amenities such as the autobahn. and then be able to note talk about the guns and butter debate at length! that will get you lots of marks for interpretation! :smile: pm me if you want
Is nazi economy likely to come up? I might take a risk and not revise it
Original post by LorcanFahy
Is nazi economy likely to come up? I might take a risk and not revise it

the 35 make on economy last was june 2014 but you never know... the last 12 marker was june 2010!
What about Weimar economy??

Posted from TSR Mobile
It has never been sources! Dont know when it was last an essay
Anyone think Youth or Women might come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jews and the economy prob wont come up cause they already came up twice already since 2010. I think threats to weimar or youth will come up
Original post by Rammus OP
Jews and the economy prob wont come up cause they already came up twice already since 2010. I think threats to weimar or youth will come up

I agree but also section 4 weimar economy has never been sources do you think it could be
I agree but also section 4 weimar economy has never been sources do you think it could be

High chances, any ideas on what a question on weimar economy would be like?
(edited 7 years ago)
I honestly don't think they will ask us a question on Weimar unless it's about the decline of the Weimar Republic (which is basically reasons for the rise of the Nazis). I just don't think there is enough detail to write 35 marks on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studyblr_mr
I honestly don't think they will ask us a question on Weimar unless it's about the decline of the Weimar Republic (which is basically reasons for the rise of the Nazis). I just don't think there is enough detail to write 35 marks on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The decline of the republic and rise of the nazis was Jan 2014 but they could still asked it! I've give up on predictions and am just learning the heap haha
Reply 53
can anyone give me tips on how to analyse a source? I feel as if it would be easy to pick up marks if I knew clear structure and approach? Many thanksssssssss from a struggling AS student
Original post by Paul2930
can anyone give me tips on how to analyse a source? I feel as if it would be easy to pick up marks if I knew clear structure and approach? Many thanksssssssss from a struggling AS student

For the usefulness part use DAMMIT:
Date
Author
Mode
Motive
Intended Audience
Tone

Then do a paragraph of your own knowledge quoting the source around 3 times if possible
And then a paragraph with 3/4 limitations
I always conclude by saying although the source is useful an historian would have to examine others to get a complete accurate account of (whatever the question is)
Do we need to know nazi policies towards handicapped and asocials??
Reply 56
No! Mainly just the jews.
Does anybody think culture and the arts could come up as a 35 mark? Since it isn't a huge topic I am hoping not but does anybody have a feeling it will?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studyblr_mr
Does anybody think culture and the arts could come up as a 35 mark? Since it isn't a huge topic I am hoping not but does anybody have a feeling it will?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It comes up so often as a 12 i doubt it. Trying to convince myself our essay will be on threats to weimar (greatest chance) Youth ( 2nd in my opinion) women ( 3rd) and finally consolidation
Original post by Rammus OP
It comes up so often as a 12 i doubt it. Trying to convince myself our essay will be on threats to weimar (greatest chance) Youth ( 2nd in my opinion) women ( 3rd) and finally consolidation

I don't think there's enough for youth to be on its own so if it did come up they would group it probably with women again. I'm hoping for Jews, Consolidation or the rise of the Nazis (which is unlikely). I wouldn't mind threats to the Weimar Republic as long as it's really broad so I could waffle about Versailles, the Constitution, uprisings and the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest