The Student Room Group

Is everyone aiming for Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSAntidote
I feel you, I hate them both and their families. I Will just have to wait and see how this year works out. Where do you go now?

I don't go to university, for now :redface: I'm just finishing off my A Levels. If I make the grades though, I should hopefully be going to Cambridge :smile:
Original post by Trapz99
Woah...

What about George? Surely you can't hate himimage.jpeg

What a chubby little brat. Is this what taxpayers money goes towards???

He's cute, but so is my baby brother, and the baby next door. We don't need a monarchy just to have cute babies and put them in cute clothes.
Original post by Serine Soul
What drives you against it?
I had this mentality about it for a while

Not directed towards me, but I'd rather be in a top London University so I personally didn't apply
Original post by KloppOClock
thats what we keep telling ourselves

Erm apart from the prestige amd history what else do they really have to offer?

What drives you against it?
I had this mentality about it for a while

I just don't think I'd fit in, it's really not my scene at all and I can't study where I wouldn't feel comfortable.
I think I would have a pretty good shot if I tried but I'm put off by how much work you would have to put in to get accepted.
Original post by Metrododo
Not directed towards me, but I'd rather be in a top London University so I personally didn't apply

Yeah, London seems like a pretty nice place to be tbh, plenty to do.

I seriously thought about firming Imperial for a while, but combined with the influences of my parents and the fears of living costs, I decided against it :smile:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

I just don't think I'd fit in, it's really not my scene at all and I can't study where I wouldn't feel comfortable.

I understand :smile:
That said, I think the only major scene at Oxbridge is the study scene :colone:
Yeah, London seems like a pretty nice place to be tbh, plenty to do.

I seriously thought about firming Imperial for a while, but combined with the influences of my parents and the fears of living costs, I decided against it :smile:

Yeah I've lived here all my life so it would be very difficult to move to a quieter place with less to do, let alone the countryside :biggrin: Plus the fact that it's more international and changes nothing (if not very marginally improves) in regards to career prospects
Reply 27
Original post by Jullundur Patel
Why are you aiming for St Andrews when Oxbridge is much higher in the league tables?

jo bhai, sambhro, LEAGUE TABLES AREN't EVERYTHING. They ALWAYS change. Sure, oxbridge is at the top generally, but they're so inaccurate.
I understand :smile:
That said, I think the only major scene at Oxbridge is the study scene :colone:

#Goalz :daydreaming:
King's College London is the dream to do Biomedical Science :daydreaming:
Original post by spv
jo bhai, sambhro, LEAGUE TABLES AREN't EVERYTHING. They ALWAYS change. Sure, oxbridge is at the top generally, but they're so inaccurate.

Yeah but Oxbridge is top for ages lol So in that sense they are consistent.

Quick Reply

Latest