The Student Room Group

Mans at taraweeh salah AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZAYN.
We got fans cause we cant afford air con lol, or thats what the mosque says. However, they don't even turn on the fans as the old people at the front complain that its too cold. It literally drives everybody insane!

oh my, why dont u bring those little fans LOOOOOOOOOL

oh well, all im gna say is

try not to fall asleep in sajdah LMAO
Reply 21
I'll keep all the History guys in my dua after witr salat :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Zara0526
Good Luck in your exam, inshallah you'll do well :wink:. I led my little sisters (aged 9 and 6) in taraweeh...felt a little bit bad though as they were clearly tierd ;/

Mashallah! I always try to motivate my younger siblings to pray. I usually give them a reward at the end. Then the next day they end up dragging me to go pray wudhu with them :P
aetaqid 'ann dinakum hu mjrd muzhat , walikunn hdha mjrd rayi . limadha tahmil alddin aldhy hu alttaeassub lilmar'at 'aw huquq mithliuwn jinsiaan ?

دينكم هو نكتة
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you farted yet? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
Lol, these mosques praying 20.

When i want to an arab country, they prayed 8. And they finished the Quran 2 1/2 times. You do the math. They were doing a Juz per prayer. It was 10 min for one sujood. Man struggling with 20 quick prayers....

Lol.

Rah :colondollar:

I can imagine the painnnnn, bruh a stomach full of iftar food and standing there for 20 mins is a killer. Back pain prevails.
everyone is started fasting on Tuesday in the North west. Its so annoying when everyone has their own timings:colonhash:, hopefully we'll have Eid on the same day:redface:
anyway keep me in your prayers everyone :h:
Reply 27
Original post by undercxver
Have you farted yet? :smile:

I'm pretty good at holding my farts. :tongue:

Anyways last 4 Rakats now! I'll catch you guys once im done :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Ishea16
everyone is started fasting on Tuesday in the North west. Its so annoying when everyone has their own timings:colonhash:, hopefully we'll have Eid on the same day:redface:
anyway keep me in your prayers everyone :h:

North west of England? If so that's because there's lots of Pakistani's there and they always do it the following day.
Original post by Federerr
Mashallah! I always try to motivate my younger siblings to pray. I usually give them a reward at the end. Then the next day they end up dragging me to go pray wudhu with them :P

Hahaha, i love having them pray with me (especially when they say there duas outloud and i get to hear what they want as well as whats worrying there little heads). 😂
Reply 30
Pakistanis and the infamous "We fast 1 day after everyone else cuz were special" tbh I'd just follow makkah. If we were at the time of the prophet then we would have followed when he fasted which would be when the moon is sighted in arabia. It makes life so much simpler and everyone can celebrate together. but noooooooo we have people who carry the special gene..
Original post by sleepysnooze
aetaqid 'ann dinakum hu mjrd muzhat , walikunn hdha mjrd rayi . limadha tahmil alddin aldhy hu alttaeassub lilmar'at 'aw huquq mithliuwn jinsiaan ?

دينكم هو نكتة

لا أحد سألك عن رأيك.
Original post by Federerr
I'm pretty good at holding my farts. :tongue:

Anyways last 4 Rakats now! I'll catch you guys once im done :smile:

Top lad, keep it up. :top:

You'll impress the girls if you tell them that. :yes:
Original post by ZAYN.
North west of England? If so that's because there's lots of Pakistani's there and they always do it the following day.

yep,
idk they just dont want to follow saudia arabia and apparently check the moon and stuff by themselves which ends up being a day before or after, its annoying for everyone especially when you're wishing someone happy eid and they're actually fasting lel...:colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
Lol, these mosques praying 20.

When i want to an arab country, they prayed 8. And they finished the Quran 2 1/2 times. You do the math. They were doing a Juz per prayer. It was 10 min for one sujood. Man struggling with 20 quick prayers....

Lol.

It's not a competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CorpusLuteum
لا أحد سألك عن رأيك.

حق أيضا . ولكن الإسلام هو نكتة مضحكة أقل
Our imam reads beautiful and fast too so we finished 12 o clock on the dot! Yayy i turn 18 today :biggrin: literally knackered though:/ plus we read 1 para & a quarter :smile: so a quarter ahead pheww
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Ishea16
yep,
idk they just dont want to follow saudia arabia and apparently check the moon and stuff by themselves which ends up being a day before or after, its annoying for everyone especially when you're wishing someone happy eid and they're actually fasting lel...:colondollar:

yeah Pakistani's are hipster, I would know! If all the Arab countries have seen the moon then Pakistan should just go with them instead of claiming 'they haven't seen the moon'
I didn't even know ppl read 20?

I read 8 and that's a lot. Especially when you read it at Mosque. It goes on for like 1-2 hours!

PRAY FOR MY EXAMS PLS
Original post by ayaz789
our imam reads beautiful and fast too so we finished 12 o clock on the dot! Yayy i turn 18 today :d literally knackered though

happy birthdayyy!!:h

Quick Reply

Latest