The Student Room Group

Tinder

Scroll to see replies

Tinder is great. Beta males who constantly get rejected on it will try and tell you its bad. Its especially easy-mode when you're female.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Tinder is great. Beta males who constantly get rejected on it will try and tell you its bad. Its especially easy-mode when you're female.

Are you beta?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by hezzlington
not necessarily, if you struggle to get laid before uni, you'll struggle @ uni.

That cannot be said for everyone - myself included. It depends how you play your cards. If you've got good game then its whatever init.
Original post by Ras' Al Ghul

Nah i'm pretty alpha right at the top of the food chain, my brother.
Original post by Dnkz7
That cannot be said for everyone - myself included. It depends how you play your cards. If you've got good game then its whatever init.

If you struggle to get laid, why would changing your location make any difference??
Reply 45
If you struggle to get laid, why would changing your location make any difference??

1. You meet like-minded people at societies, so there is a possibility to get laid.
2. You have other people who live with you, get to know them, most likely you'll sleep with one. That is another possibility to get laid.
3. Your classes, bound to meet someone to get laid.
4. At the club, if its your scene, you'll get numbers then smash.
5. The Student Union of course - the holy grail of all holiness of beat.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Nah i'm pretty alpha right at the top of the food chain, my brother.

Lmao I'm sure you are :rofl:
Original post by Dnkz7
1. You meet like-minded people at societies, so there is a possibility to get laid.
2. You have other people who live with you, get to know them, most likely you'll sleep with one. That is another possibility to get laid.

Are you even at uni? These sound really unrealistic.
Original post by Dnkz7

1) You can join societies/clubs before you go to university like I did and meet people that way.
2) Okay i'll give you that one.
3) You have classmates in sixthform/secondary school? Most of my university classmates are international students & Muslim so I doubt it...
4) Clubs have nothing to do with university? You can go clubbing before uni like I did when I was on a gap year.
5) I don't know what you mean by this - I don't go to my student union
Reply 49
Are you even at uni? These sound really unrealistic.

No I'm not, but from a few of my friend's experiences it isn't hard. People need to get to the point, it's not difficult. Coming out of your shell is one of the best experiences you'll gain at uni. What's the point of even getting involved at uni if you are not going to interact with people. Truth is, getting to know someone will definitely increase the chances of getting laid (if that's your objective) and uni life does bring out the best of many people.
Original post by Dnkz7
No I'm not, but from a few of my friend's experiences it isn't hard. People need to get to the point, it's not difficult. Coming out of your shell is one of the best experiences you'll gain at uni. What's the point of even getting involved at uni if you are not going to interact with people. Truth is, getting to know someone will definitely increase the chances of getting laid (if that's your objective) and uni life does bring out the best of many people.

It's not that easy to get laid so if you think by joining a few societies and living with people would make you sleep with them, you have another thing coming. If you're joining a society for the purpose of getting laid don't bother because it isn't worth it.
Original post by Dnkz7

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not necessarily easier. Okay, yeah you're in an environment where people latch on to eachother fairly quickly because they're scared of being alone and so relationships happen that way and yeah you're in an environment where lots of drinking occurs etc. But It creates the false impression that girls will just throw themselves at you when you go to uni. It's not the case.

Like I said, if you struggle to get laid before uni, you'll struggle when you're there as well.
Reply 52
1) You can join societies/clubs before you go to university like I did and meet people that way.
2) Okay i'll give you that one.
3) You have classmates in sixthform/secondary school? Most of my university classmates are international students & Muslim so I doubt it...
4) Clubs have nothing to do with university? You can go clubbing before uni like I did when I was on a gap year.
5) I don't know what you mean by this - I don't go to my student union

3) I can't guarantee that every person at secondary school/sixth form is up for a session of a good beat. That's because of the stress of exams and because of that who has even got time for it?

4) Clubs have something to do with it actually, if you are 16 do you think you'll be allowed in clubs? Again it's not for everyone and if it's your scene and your age then why not? I say this because at uni you'll be introduced to the scene with other members from your block.

5) Student Union gives you the best opportunity to get to know representatives of each society and therefore allows you to meet with other like-minded people.
It's not that easy to get laid so if you think by joining a few societies and living with people would make you sleep with them, you have another thing coming. If you're joining a society for the purpose of getting laid don't bother because it isn't worth it.

Can't agree with this more.

It's really sad when we have to look after our girls because some fresher is creeping on all of them, then doesn't bother turning up for training etc cos his comedown is too savage.
Reply 54
The point I'm trying to make is that it's not necessarily easier. Okay, yeah you're in an environment where people latch on to eachother fairly quickly because they're scared of being alone and so relationships happen that way and yeah you're in an environment where lots of drinking occurs etc. But It creates the false impression that girls will just throw themselves at you when you go to uni. It's not the case.

Like I said, if you struggle to get laid before uni, you'll struggle when you're there as well.

It's all possible and it's up to how you play your cards. If you wanna beat, straight up tell them and make it known. if you play around the bush then you're not exactly getting results quickly right? if they are not up for it then move on, plenty more people who will want beat.
Original post by Dnkz7
3) I can't guarantee that every person at secondary school/sixth form is up for a session of a good beat. That's because of the stress of exams and because of that who has even got time for it?

4) Clubs have something to do with it actually, if you are 16 do you think you'll be allowed in clubs? Again it's not for everyone and if it's your scene and your age then why not? I say this because at uni you'll be introduced to the scene with other members from your block.

5) Student Union gives you the best opportunity to get to know representatives of each society and therefore allows you to meet with other like-minded people.

What? The stress of university is far more than A levels for a lot of people. Exam technique is totally different, lectures are different to sixth form lessons usually...it's a new learning environment and takes time to adapt to. It can really break people. I had to relearn time management when I was at university.

4) Well yes some clubs have non-alcoholic events that 16 year olds can attend. You can be 18 and not at university..?

5) The best opportunity to meet representatives from the societies is the universities Freshers Fair...? The student union is usually just a building with places to eat/drink/watch football/get help and sometimes turns into a club at night?

None of my friends go there but on my gap year I visited friends who were regulars at their union and they were such typical students buying "Snakebites" in massive jugs for like £3. My union is expensive and even has a little restaurant haha.
Original post by Dnkz7
It's all possible and it's up to how you play your cards. If you wanna beat, straight up tell them and make it known. if you play around the bush then you're not exactly getting results quickly right? if they are not up for it then move on, plenty more people who will want beat.

Well you seem to know what you are doing...

do whatever works for you :smile:
Reply 57

I didn't say that though, what I'm saying it societies gives you a chance to meet people and get to know them. That will increase the likelihood of beat because a) the person knows you well enough to have the impression that you have a good personality b) it can advances to stages of romance c) its up to you how you wanna play the game, if you wanna play safe the so be it no one is holding a gun to your head to make the first move for beat.
Online dating is awful tbh.

People just seem to have the personality of a used condom.
Reply 59
What? The stress of university is far more than A levels for a lot of people. Exam technique is totally different, lectures are different to sixth form lessons usually...it's a new learning environment and takes time to adapt to. It can really break people. I had to relearn time management when I was at university.

True true, give you that one.

4) Well yes some clubs have non-alcoholic events that 16 year olds can attend. You can be 18 and not at university..?

Like I said, if you wanna go to a club and it's your scene then why not. Moreover it restricts a lot of people from religious backgrounds, i.e Muslim because it's considered haram to drink or even get involved with anything hat will lead to promiscuity brother.

5) The best opportunity to meet representatives from the societies is the universities Freshers Fair...? The student union is usually just a building with places to eat/drink/watch football/get help and sometimes turns into a club at night?
None of my friends go there but on my gap year I visited friends who were regulars at their union and they were such typical students buying "Snakebites" in massive jugs for like £3. My union is expensive and even has a little restaurant haha.

Thanks for the clear-up man, sorry if I sounded a bit to big headed :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending