The Student Room Group

Can Someone Help Me Pick My Options!!!

I want to do economics degree at a Russel Group University. I know both Politics and Psychology are 'preferred subjects'. However, I am really struggling which one to take for a fourth A-Level. I am going to be taking as my main three A-Level subjects, Maths, Further Maths and Economics.
do you really need 4? your offer will be made on 3 a levels not 4 so you dont have to do a fourth
Original post by Harry_1999
I want to do economics degree at a Russel Group University. I know both Politics and Psychology are 'preferred subjects'. However, I am really struggling which one to take for a fourth A-Level. I am going to be taking as my main three A-Level subjects, Maths, Further Maths and Economics.

Just to let you know you don't actually need 4 A levels most university offers consist of 3 and also keep in mind that you can't drop one at AS now except for maths and Government and politics so if you are finding it that hard and don't have any others that your heart if set out for then do 3
Do a science you enjoy, economics is sort of essay based so you dont really need an essay topic.
Reply 4
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
Just to let you know you don't actually need 4 A levels most university offers consist of 3 and also keep in mind that you can't drop one at AS now except for maths and Government and politics so if you are finding it that hard and don't have any others that your heart if set out for then do 3

I know universities look at your fourth subject to see a variety in your choices and certain subjects are seen as good to have taken as a fourth. I will do 4 but I just need some guidance in what to choose out of Politics or Psychology. Thanks anyway though.
I know universities look at your fourth subject to see a variety in your choices and certain subjects are seen as good to have taken as a fourth. I will do 4 but I just need some guidance in what to choose out of Politics or Psychology. Thanks anyway though.

Do psychology its way more interesting and an insightful subject

Spoiler

Reply 6

This is similar to me I want to do economics or maybe PPE at a Russel Group I think I'm going to take :
maths
history
philosophy & ethics
I need to pick a fourth as well. I wanted to do economics but my school doesn't do it they only do economics and business :frown: so I might do that or maybe a science or politics. I'm really undecided :,)
Do you like any sciences? Because a science is always good and it shows that you have broad subjects :smile:
Reply 7
I don't like science but psychology counts as one. I just want to do straight economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Thanks harun_farah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology does count as a science subject. I am taking it right now for AS and think it's an interesting subject. Also it is not considered a soft subject.
Reply 10

Quick Reply

Latest