The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

I think it won't be harder from last year .. Seeing as last years wasn't exactly the easiest and had normal grade boundaries despite many thinking it was a straight forward paper .

Also there will probably be something on enzymes , food production , natural selection I feel .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
I think it won't be harder from last year .. Seeing as last years wasn't exactly the easiest and had normal grade boundaries despite many thinking it was a straight forward paper .

Also there will probably be something on enzymes , food production , natural selection I feel .

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also think that water will come up :wink:
Guys does anyone have the 2015 paper for f212??
Original post by Anymorefor123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your predictions :smile:
Guys we should come up with our own predictions together :tongue:

So far we have:
food productions
enzymes
water
natural selection
Immune system
Effect of smoking on lungs

I shall edit as we go along :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
I just hope there isnt much bioviersity questions this year!! I hate biodiversity! lool :tongue:
Yess mee too!!! Well I hate the immune system but I can live with it depending on the questions :wink:
Original post by FemaleBo55
I just hope there isnt much bioviersity questions this year!! I hate biodiversity! lool :tongue:
Yess mee too!!! Well I hate the immune system but I can live with it depending on the questions :wink:

I hope biomolecules (except water) and health come up. I hate biodiversity and ecology stuff. I understand but I always overcomplicate it and get no marks

So far we have:
food productions
enzymes
water
natural selection
Immune system

you're a star
Reply 428
i think the stuff on CITES and international cooperation will also come up
anyone else shitting themselves for our resit tomorrow ahh
omg yes same boat and for some weird reason I'm just chilling afjfkgghaskf
topics on last years paper;

Question one was on enzymes
Question two was on malaria and the immune response part c appears to have been about globular and fibrous proteins e.g. collagen and haemoglobin
Question three was a big question on biodiversity including species richness and evenness, phylogeny and classification
Question four was about selective breeding in plants for a higher yield
Question five was about DNA replication
Question six was about the structure of an antibody(big mark question) and also neutralisation and agglutination
and finally question seven was a tick the correct statement question about triglycerides, phospholipids and cholesterol

i only had the mark scheme to work with so i apologise if that is wrong but i don't think any of that will appear on our resit tomorrow
Original post by harryheych

same! I think i have given up with exams because no matter how prepared you are OCR always make the exams impossible:s-smilie:
Original post by harryheych

literally the same and I'm so relaxed about it XD
Does anyone have to 2015 paper?
Could somebody please very kindly outline in detail the immune response involving T and B Lymphocytws and correct order of clonal selection and clonal expansion . Please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey yea that helped a lot ! However I'm
Still confused between the link between T helper cells releasing interleukins and this offsetting the "
Proliferation and differentiation of B cells ".. What does that mean ? That's not clonal selection of B cells is it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
so what can the possible larger questions be? 6marks+ ? Is there a list of question

So far we have:
food productions
enzymes
water
natural selection
Immune system

Questions of Enzymes came up last year, and there were questions asking for agglutination and neutralization which is the immune system and an antibody question

Quick Reply

Latest