The Student Room Group

Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Still up and :work: for my exams.

Feeling a bit dehydrated already... :bawling: worked out the maths and we have 6 hours, 39 mins to fit in all my macros (calories)
to maintain my body weight. :argh: ....:hide:

Same, been up since taraweeh tbh and its nearly 5am
I joked with my mom that I wont fast until my exams are over and she was pretty cool about it :tongue:
Im not going to be fasting at all. I don't want to put my body through that and there's nothing wrong with choosing not to fast.

Its one of the pillars of Islam ...... and is obligatory ..... but as u wish :smile:
Reply 323
Not fasting on PM exam days, AM is cool but PM is too much for me. I can't focus with an empty stomach so God forgive me.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Ramadan starts Tuesday. Anyone following Saudi and starting tomorrow needs a lobotomy.

Zayn is "bae", maybe you should follow your local mosque

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Genialtropism
Excuse me Mariam, but does fasting actually start today? My family hasn't made me aware nor do i smell the waft of beautiful hand-crafted parathas gliding up the stairs? And they're strict muslims...am I missing something; last night, my dad made me aware that for us taraweeh was tomorrow night, and roza, the following morning after.

I'm just worried, I may be doing it wrong. Live in West Yorkshire btw..

P.s dunno if it'll help, but we're Sunni btw (if you're on the same wavelength...)

No your right, I'm a Sunni too and doing it Tuesday evening like it should be :smile:
Original post by mariam687
Good!

im v excited too, esp for taraweeh in the mosque :smile:

Women shouldn't go to the mosque, it's for men...
Original post by Habina786xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's nice of you what's with the quotes
Excuse me Mariam, but does fasting actually start today? My family hasn't made me aware nor do i smell the waft of beautiful hand-crafted parathas gliding up the stairs? And they're strict muslims...am I missing something; last night, my dad made me aware that for us taraweeh was tomorrow night, and roza, the following morning after.

P.s dunno if it'll help, but we're Sunni btw (if you're on the same wavelength...)

its ok, some people are doing it on tuesday and some monday, theres always this problem ahah, but dw ur fine, jus do what ur parents do :smile:

ikik, but its nice to go sometimes :smile:

its not haram though
my stomach was legit making so many noises in my am exam..

im feeling the pain now :frown:
Original post by K2G
Not fasting on PM exam days, AM is cool but PM is too much for me. I can't focus with an empty stomach so God forgive me.

Dw Allah will forgive u :smile:
as long as u make up for the ones u missed :colondollar:

Why not? All the women in my family go to the mosque to pray
Original post by Habina786xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe I have a brain of my own, and can determine whether the moon is visible or not.

We dont live in the stone age..... women are allowed to go to the mosque as they have to pray too just like men, therefore, they can go to the mosque if they want to.
Original post by Zara0526
Why not? All the women in my family go to the mosque to pray

Ignore him/her. Women have every right to go to the Mosque. The Prophet SAW never forbid it.
5 hrs to goooooooooooooooooooo

You aren't doing it wrong. (if anything you're doing it right )
Some people do it on Monday. Some on Tuesday.
Those who follow saudi "moon sighting" (notice the quotations)...do it on Monday.
Those who follow "actual" (notice the quotations) moon sighting, do it on Tuesday.
Original post by Someboady
Ignore him/her. Women have every right to go to the Mosque. The Prophet SAW never forbid it.

That's what I have always been told - my family and I go to the mosque for Eid, Taraweeh and Friday prayers :smile:.... I guess that they are staying Anonymous as they clearly have no evidence for there claims!
Original post by mariam687
ikik, but its nice to go sometimes :smile:

its not haram though

Why did you answer "I know I know" to a blatant troll?

Muslims on tsr are AIDS in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending