The Student Room Group

AQA AS GOVP1 Question Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by govtandpolitics
Really? :/ completely missed it out?

I literally wrote 2 sentences and ran out of time
Original post by LydiaIbbi
Uhh, I think the questions were nice and I loved the political parties questions but only managed to answer the intro of the final 25 marker as I ran out of time :frown: :frown: :frown:

Does anybody know what the max amount of marks you can get for an intro.

The question was about how members of the Conservative Party and the Labour Party have little or no say in the process of organisation or policies of the parties. My points were there is binding powers of a 2/3 vote at the Labour Conference which allows people to vote on policy, how this doesn't occur in the Conservative Party as MPs are voted to use their judgment and the Conference is advisory debate. I also wrote about who the Conservative Prime Minister has the power to write the manifesto entirely himself and how local Conservative groups have fought to keep the power to elect their candidates so there is some power in the organisation.

Although there is not ACTUAL THOROUGH analysis here, I felt that I kind of explained it a little bit in the intro itself.

Realistically you'll get like 5/25 max for it? Depending on how detailed it was. What other topic did you do?
Original post by BirdIsWord
How'd you guys find it and what topics did you do? I did voting behaviour + pressure groups.
The voting behaviour questions were kind of annoying.. But overall it was okay

I did the same. The 5 and 10 markers seemed okay, as did the pressure group 25 marker but the participation 25 marker was weird and I've been looking in the textbook as to how I might answer it and there's nothing there about measuring participation other than elections.
Original post by olmyster911
Yeah it said it was the only way to measure political participation so obviously it wanted you to refute that and give other ways of measuring?

Lol, there's pressure groups, social movements, online petitions. Idk what else
Yeah it said it was the only way to measure political participation so obviously it wanted you to refute that and give other ways of measuring?

Yeah and I think it also wanted you to talk about how there are other reasons for voting in elections other than just for measuring participation :/
Original post by Sademajek
I literally wrote 2 sentences and ran out of time

I guess you'll just have to hope and pray that your other answers give you enough marks :/
For that I wrote there were others ways like pressure groups ect but that there was a decline in voting which questions the governments strength and legitimacy,

For the first question turnout out I said it refers to the amount of the electorate that vote, talked about a decline from 1950s however there has been an increase since 2001, brings forth legitimacy ect

For the 25 for election a practically answered the question if it said proportional system but changed that for AMS
Uhh, I think the questions were nice and I loved the political parties questions but only managed to answer the intro of the final 25 marker as I ran out of time :frown: :frown: :frown:

Does anybody know what the max amount of marks you can get for an intro.

The question was about how members of the Conservative Party and the Labour Party have little or no say in the process of organisation or policies of the parties. My points were there is binding powers of a 2/3 vote at the Labour Conference which allows people to vote on policy, how this doesn't occur in the Conservative Party as MPs are voted to use their judgment and the Conference is advisory debate. I also wrote about who the Conservative Prime Minister has the power to write the manifesto entirely himself and how local Conservative groups have fought to keep the power to elect their candidates so there is some power in the organisation.

Although there is not ACTUAL THOROUGH analysis here, I felt that I kind of explained it a little bit in the intro itself.

I'm really sorry but that will gain you very few marks.
Anyone else think that the electoral system one was a really nice 25 marker?
Original post by ugaaa5
I'm really sorry but that will gain you very few marks.

It's so annoying because it was such a nice question :frown: Thanks though
It's so annoying because it was such a nice question :frown: Thanks though

Thats okay :-)
For that I wrote there were others ways like pressure groups ect but that there was a decline in voting which questions the governments strength and legitimacy,

For the first question turnout out I said it refers to the amount of the electorate that vote, talked about a decline from 1950s however there has been an increase since 2001, brings forth legitimacy ect

For the 25 for election a practically answered the question if it said proportional system but changed that for AMS

Damn. For the 5 marker I was about to talk about the decline in partipation but I used that in my 25 to talk about why voting in elections is not the best way to measure partipation.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Damn. For the 5 marker I was about to talk about the decline in partipation but I used that in my 25 to talk about why voting in elections is not the best way to measure partipation.

You could still be right, I really need to make up my marks in the unit 2 and the A2
What even are the other forms?? I put petitions...PETITIONS...and debates.... I also put party membership and interest group involvement ???

For participation I distinguished between formal and informal, talked about falling party membership in one paragraph, voting in another and also did online participation through social media, online campaigns and e-petitions.
You could still be right, I really need to make up my marks in the unit 2 and the A2

Yo same. Unit 2 is aids but unit 3 and 4 should be ok
Reply 155
does any one remember the exact wording of the 25 marker for participation and voting behaviour please?
Original post by Tee1199
does any one remember the exact wording of the 25 marker for participation and voting behaviour please?

Why? XD are you sitting tomorrow?

It was just about ways of measuring participation. If you did the paper you woulda seen it
Original post by ugaaa5
Anyone else think that the electoral system one was a really nice 25 marker?

Yh I thought it was good I started off defining fptp and AMS the first poin was fptp distporportional gave exampl of ukip getting 3.8 mill votes but only 1 seat and gave a reason why AMS was better have example of 2014 mep elections UKIP got 24/73 seats with 26.6% then contested by saying fptp keeps out extreme parties

The next argued how it was undemocratic ect
Last point causes apathy as estimated 80% of votes lost and evaluated a lot
How about u?
Original post by Browns10
For participation I distinguished between formal and informal, talked about falling party membership in one paragraph, voting in another and also did online participation through social media, online campaigns and e-petitions.

I sort of did that, in a rather confused and messy way which I'm not at all happy with. Hopefully I make up the marks with the 5 and 10s
Reply 159
Original post by Tee1199

I think it was explain why voting is the only way of measuring political participation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending