The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alardel
Yep. I remember voyons, mènent, soit, augmenter, traditionnelle, and one in the future tense.
Do you think they'll penalise me for using the near future instead of the true future? I panicked and had a mind blank. Damnit, I usually get 8+/10 for question 9.
Reply 101
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Do you think they'll penalise me for using the near future instead of the true future? I panicked and had a mind blank. Damnit, I usually get 8+/10 for question 9.

I really think so, they always mark it wrong if you put two words. It's only one.
Original post by alardel
It was only three marks for that one, wasn't it?
I think it was four, but the next question was worth three marks.
Original post by alardel
I really think so, they always mark it wrong if you put two words. It's only one.

I'll check previous mark schemes and hope for the best
Reply 104
I think it was four, but the next question was worth three marks.

It was ils...recevront.
Do you guys thinm that the paper will be uploaded somewhere?
Original post by EilidhHide
That was THE most horrific paper I have ever sat. The essays were good but the everything else was AWFUL!!! Please someone say that they agree?????

I agree! I didn't like that paper but the essays were okay! Lots of people in my class said the same so we aren't alone!!!
Original post by alardel
Yep. I remember voyons, mènent, soit, augmenter, traditionnelle, and one in the future tense.

I've got some of them wrong :frown:

I used future instead of subjunctive, plus some of them used really awkward examples, like en ____ (offrir)
Original post by alardel
It was ils...recevront.
I realised. I also wrote peindu... I hope I got the other answers right. I remembered the accent on mènent
Reply 109
I realised. I also wrote peindu... I hope I got the other answers right. I remembered the accent on mènent

it's peint
Original post by alardel
it's peint

I know
That grammar section was horrible, I got most of them wrong :frown:
Reply 112
So the answers for ex 9 were:
Augmenter, peint, soit, voyons, mènent, traditionnelle, recevront..?
Original post by alardel
Augmenter, peint, soit, voyons, mènent, traditionnelle, recevront..?
publics, offrant
Reply 114

Augmenter, peint, soit, voyons, mènent, traditionnelle, recevront, publics, offrant and...?
Reply 115
Does anybody remember what they got in the TRUE/FALSE/NOT SAID question
I put V VV V ND ND F F.........
Reply 117
Original post by 10robertsl
I agree! I didn't like that paper but the essays were okay! Lots of people in my class said the same so we aren't alone!!!

I also found it quite hard tbh. It took me soo long to even do the first question 😞
I put voient because i thought it was something like the plural object does to nous eg ils nous permettent
There was also devenue. What did everyone put for the synonyms? How did everyone find the essays? Luckily smoking was one of them!

Quick Reply

Latest