The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Hello there everyone, and welcome to this thread. I haven't seen a thread dedicated to Ramadan as yet, so let's make this into one.

Let's talk about Ramadan and Eid. I'm not sure how it goes in the UK, but over here, we're observing the first fast. So far it's going great. I was quite apprehensive about this year though, what with my horrible tooth condition and all :ashamed:

One thing I'm really delighted about this Ramadan is the fact that my birthday falls on the first day of Eid :party::party: :woo:

What about you peeps? How's it going? I'll tag some users on here so they can join the discussion :yep:

And @HAnwar I'd really appreciate it if you could tag some more users who are active in the ISOC. I don't know them all well enough :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamoody
Hello there everyone, and welcome to this thread. I haven't seen a thread dedicated to Ramadan as yet, so let's make this into one.

Let's talk about Ramadan and Eid. I'm not sure how it goes in the UK, but over here, we're observing the first fast. So far it's going great. I was quite apprehensive about this year though, what with my horrible tooth condition and all :ashamed:

One thing I'm really delighted about this Ramadan is the fact that my birthday falls on the first day of Eid :party::party: :woo:

What about you peeps? How's it going? I'll tag some users on here so they can join the discussion :yep:

And @HAnwar I'd really appreciate it if you could tag some more users who are active in the ISOC. I don't know them all well enough :redface:

What a lovely idea :mmm:
1st fast in France too :woo:

Ramadan kareem again :h:
Reply 2
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
What a lovely idea :mmm:
1st fast in France too :woo:

Ramadan kareem again :h:

How many hours do you have to fast? We fast for 14.5 hours :redface:

Kel 3aam ou enti bikhair :hugs:
Original post by Hamoody

imfeeling it now, im so tired and thirsty its unbelievable.. :frown: thanks for tagging me in though :smile:
first fast tomorrow!
the hours are long, its going to be warm but Ramadan brings its own happiness with it and hopefully we can all use this month to better our iman:h:!
IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT!
:grouphugs::grouphugs:
Reply 5
Ramadhan Mubarak guys! Wishing you a joyous Iftar with happiness, health and success always!
thanks for the tag btw
yooo I'm feeling real thirsty.
How was history @mariam687??
Original post by Hamoody

im feeling it now
bare thirsty now :/

but yh thanks for tagging me in this :smile:
Original post by Hamoody
How many hours do you have to fast? We fast for 14.5 hours :redface:

Kel 3aam ou enti bikhair :hugs:

We fast something like 17.5h :3

Ameen , wanta zada :hugs:
Eid? A bit too early?
Original post by Banana208
thanks for the tag btw
yooo I'm feeling real thirsty.
How was history @mariam687??

it went well actually,didnt expect it to be that easy ahaha e always been **** at history and tbh i think this is the best ive ever done :smile:

thanks for asking <3

and yh, im feeling it so bad rn, my head is throbbing lolol
For us Shias we're starting tomorrow. I'm excited but my mum won't allow me to fast until exams are over :frown: Probably a good idea because I need energy to think because there's always a chance I'll blank out during the exam haha.
Wow birthday and eid in one thats awesome! I am feeling the hunger ngl but I wouldn't haved it any other way I looove Ramadhan :biggrin:
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
For us Shias we're starting tomorrow. I'm excited but my mum won't allow me to fast until exams are over :frown: Probably a good idea because I need energy to think because there's always a chance I'll blank out during the exam haha.

some sunni's are starting tomorrow aswell i think its to do with different places, I know london has started theirs today aswell,
aha I feel super blessed when I have an exam and I'm fasting, gives me confidence idk why ahaha:tongue:
Ramadan Kareem. May Allah grant us all of with happiness in this month of Ramadan.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ramadan :biggrin: One of my favourite times of the year :biggrin:

Ramadan Mubarak to muslims around the globe.
Reply 16
Original post by Hamoody

ramadan kareem
Reply 17
Nice thread Alhamdulillah. I am feeling better today when I am fasting than when I was not Alhamdulillah. I just feel more energetic and happy, and willing to be active.

RAMADAN KAREEM!
Reply 18
Original post by Shaziye
Ramadan Kareem. May Allah grant all of with happiness in this month of Ramadan.

Ameen
Original post by Hamoody

Ramadan Kareem! Hope your fast is going well. :tongue:

Good idea on the thread, it needed to be done. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending