The Student Room Group

Ocr history b exam , usa land of freedom and international rel

so how did everyone find the exam today
What answers did everyone get for the source questions in the USA section ?
Reply 2
which ones ?
The Statue of Liberty
Original post by Katyyyy12357
The Statue of Liberty

Red Scare/Fear of immigrants
Yeah same 😅 Do you remember which question you picked for the Cold War /Cuban missile section
Reply 6
Yeah same 😅 Do you remember which question you picked for the Cold War /Cuban missile section

I picked the one about who came out of the crisis better, USSR or USA. u?
Could you please tell me what your answer was to this question?
Thanks
The USA and USSR qu on who came out of crisis better?
Reply 9
Original post by SmithAmelia
The USA and USSR qu on who came out of crisis better?

i put usa came out better.
USA- kennedy looked stong as he made krushchev give in
-got the missiles removed from cuba
-kennedy stood up to goverment hardliners and chose to blockade cuba.

USSR-they now had ended the usa's monroe doctrine as there was now a communist country in the usa's backyard.
-kennedy removed missiles from turkey.

but overall america came out better as the american public were not told that the missiles had been removed from turkey.

Cuban Missile Crisis. I could answer the Cold War but I and more to say about Cuba. What did you put for the Prohibition photograph?
did anyone do the second USA bit with the civil rights sources? If so, what did you get for the first source with the car-pool?
Reply 12
Original post by Certified
Cuban Missile Crisis. I could answer the Cold War but I and more to say about Cuba. What did you put for the Prohibition photograph?

what did u put?
Reply 13
Original post by rubyrogers99
did anyone do the second USA bit with the civil rights sources? If so, what did you get for the first source with the car-pool?

yeah i did , you just had to talk about the montgommery bus boycott
Original post by salty670
yeah i did , you just had to talk about the montgommery bus boycott

yes i got that but for the message was it that some white people welcomed the boycott?
Reply 15
nah the message was that the people of montgommery Alabama are boycotting the bus service and using things such as car pools.
For the photograph I kinda messed up I spoke about how these prohibition agents did a successful raid and looked pleased and how prohibition was enforced during the 1920s
Didn't the question say who was in a better position by 1949? Wasn't the Cuban Missile crisis in the 1960s. I put stuff like Berlin Blockade, Stalin'c control of Eastern Europe etc..
Thank You though.
Original post by Kyote
i put usa came out better.
USA- kennedy looked stong as he made krushchev give in
-got the missiles removed from cuba
-kennedy stood up to goverment hardliners and chose to blockade cuba.

USSR-they now had ended the usa's monroe doctrine as there was now a communist country in the usa's backyard.
-kennedy removed missiles from turkey.

but overall america came out better as the american public were not told that the missiles had been removed from turkey.

Didn't the question say who was in a better position by 1949? Wasn't the Cuban Missile crisis in the 1960s. I put stuff like Berlin Blockade, Stalin'c control of Eastern Europe etc..Thank You though.
Original post by Rezzzoooo124
For the photograph I kinda messed up I spoke about how these prohibition agents did a successful raid and looked pleased and how prohibition was enforced during the 1920s

I said the opposite and suggested that agents were corrupt and drank alcohol - this showed how Prohibition failed as the enforcers consumed stuff they were supposed to eradicate.

I think I am 100 percent wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending