The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PaulLadbilePogba
Wouldnt that mean theirs chance they will put those 2 togther this year

No because they have never done it before
Also those two topics are the heavier ones hence why they don't appear on the same section
Original post by PaulLadbilePogba
Wouldnt that mean theirs chance they will put those 2 togther this year

There's no way of actually telling, maybe if you looked back at all the exam papers and proper analysed it but if they have trends they usually change every 3 years and you never know this year might be the year they change the trend again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by mollyadtr
There's no way of actually telling, maybe if you looked back at all the exam papers and proper analysed it but if they have trends they usually change every 3 years and you never know this year might be the year they change the trend again

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have never our constitution and parliament together
Original post by xxvine
They have never our constitution and parliament together

Ah well **** may as well but I'm too scared to do two so I'll think I'll stick to three 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait. There's another thread for unit 1 & 2 just below this one. So confusing!
Constitution has came up the last 3 years (JUNE 13, JUNE 14, JUNE 15) so i reckon Parliament will be the data response and the 40 marker will be on the Constitution.

The last time 3 were repeated in a row (JAN 11, JUNE 11, JAN 12) which was Parliament as a data response the following year (JUNE 12) was Constitution as a data response.

In conclusion, judging from the past i doubt edexcel will do constitution a 4th year in a row for JUNE 16 as a data response.
Reply 26
Original post by Thebeast97
Constitution has came up the last 3 years (JUNE 13, JUNE 14, JUNE 15) so i reckon Parliament will be the data response and the 40 marker will be on the Constitution.

The last time 3 were repeated in a row (JAN 11, JUNE 11, JAN 12) which was Parliament as a data response the following year (JUNE 12) was Constitution as a data response.

In conclusion, judging from the past i doubt edexcel will do constitution a 4th year in a row for JUNE 16 as a data response.

So constitution 40 marker and parliament 25?
I would prefer that tbh...find you can write more about the constitution tbh.

I hope the constitution question is nice lol
Original post by xxvine
So constitution 40 marker and parliament 25?
I would prefer that tbh...find you can write more about the constitution tbh.

I hope the constitution question is nice lol

what? no way, how did you come to that conclusion?

Parliament has so many more examples and waaay more to talk about IMO, whereas Constitution is more content but less examples, statistics, quotes etc.

either way, constitution is my backup topic and I hope judiciary/parliament are 25/40 markers so I can do both
I hope the topic about Prime Ministers and Cabinet come up. Seems like the easier of the 4 in my opinion.
Reply 29
Original post by popcornjpg
what? no way, how did you come to that conclusion?

Parliament has so many more examples and waaay more to talk about IMO, whereas Constitution is more content but less examples, statistics, quotes etc.

either way, constitution is my backup topic and I hope judiciary/parliament are 25/40 markers so I can do both

i hate parliament

too much to remember maybe you have a good memory it seems from your posts

I don't like the questions as well

I mean 'assess the importance of backbench mps' wtf
Original post by xxvine
i hate parliament

too much to remember maybe you have a good memory it seems from your posts

I don't like the questions as well

I mean 'assess the importance of backbench mps' wtf

I think I like it because there are lots of examples, and very easy to find. That question is somewhat difficult, was it a 25 or 40 marker? If 25 it's not bad, if 40 I'd run out of things to say I think.
Reply 31
I think I like it because there are lots of examples, and very easy to find. That question is somewhat difficult, was it a 25 or 40 marker? If 25 it's not bad, if 40 I'd run out of things to say I think.

it was a 40 marker lol

'how effective are backbench mps'

i mean really edexcel lol? People say the are the harshest exam board and i kinda agree now
Original post by UKStudent17
I hope the topic about Prime Ministers and Cabinet come up. Seems like the easier of the 4 in my opinion.

It will definitely come up, all topics appear in the paper- you just have to choose one topic from section A (source Q) and another topic from section B (40 marks)
Original post by xxvine
it was a 40 marker lol

'how effective are backbench mps'

i mean really edexcel lol? People say the are the harshest exam board and i kinda agree now

that's actually a nice question lol, would love something like that tbh (the 'assess' made it more difficult imo)

plenty to talk about, lots of examples.

Come to think about it, Parliament is actually my favourite topic I think, with Judiciary at a close second. It's just so much more interesting than the others IMO
Reply 34
that's actually a nice question lol, would love something like that tbh (the 'assess' made it more difficult imo)

plenty to talk about, lots of examples.

Come to think about it, Parliament is actually my favourite topic I think, with Judiciary at a close second. It's just so much more interesting than the others IMO

what would your points for that QU be?
Reply 35
how high do people think that the chances are that there will be a 40 marker on the judiciary?
Reply 36
Any predictions peeps?
i really hope judiciary is section A because constitution is B then that will be perfect
i hate parliament but i still have to learn it. we havent been taught any except constitution coming up
Here is my prediction for placement:

25 markers

Parliament
Prime Minister and Cabinet

40 markers

Judiciary
Constitution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending