The Student Room Group

Muslims: what do you think of Muslims who drink alcohol?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

non of my business.
Nothing. Its between themselves and God.
Though it is none of my business I find it really disgusting the fact that people have to go and harm their bodies this way-I mean why is it then forbidden?
If they drink, it's their business, being a Muslim means we cannot judge others for their actions.
Reply 5
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Though it is none of my business I find it really disgusting the fact that people have to go and harm their bodies this way-I mean why is it then forbidden?

Alcohol is harming your body but drinking nothing all day in hot countries isn't? :rolleyes:
Original post by inhuman
Alcohol is harming your body but drinking nothing all day in hot countries isn't? :rolleyes:

I get what you mean..I never said that..and I was just answering the question!
Reply 7
Original post by inhuman

Muslims correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're allowed to break their fast if they start feeling really unwell (?) Not 100% sure about that.

But yes alcohol is definitely harmful for your body :lol:
Reply 8
May Allah give them Hadiyat Ameen.
Reply 9
Original post by OGGUS
May Allah give them Hadiyat Ameen.

What does that mean? :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthyramadan/Pages/fastingandhealth.aspx

"A detoxification process also occurs, because any toxins stored in the body's fat are dissolved and removed from the body."
"After a few days of fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood, making you more alert and giving an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing."

how is this harming your body?

also, I couldn't care less about whether other Muslims drink or not, it's totally up to them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by IRoranth

"A detoxification process also occurs, because any toxins stored in the body's fat are dissolved and removed from the body."
"After a few days of fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood, making you more alert and giving an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing."

also, I couldn't care less about whether other Muslims drink or not, it's totally up to them? What a question to ask.

Have you seen what most people break their fasts with?
None of my business, it's better to just focus on yourself.
Original post by Pulse.
Have you seen what most people break their fasts with?

Majority of people break their fasts with water and dates? What's your point?
Reply 15
Original post by eden3

May they be Guided in the righteous path.
Reply 16
Original post by eden3
Muslims correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're allowed to break their fast if they start feeling really unwell (?) Not 100% sure about that.

Yupp, not supposed to fast if you're pregnant or if it harms your body or if you faint or feel unwell at any point during the day.
Hot countries have an advantage actually because their days are shorter so they fast 6 hours less than us Muslims over here!

Original post by eden3

May God give them guidance Amen.
Original post by eden3

I believe women are allowed to stop during their period and if you are ill. But I'm not a Muslim so you'd probably be better off getting an answer from someone with a greater knowledge.
Reply 18
Original post by IRoranth

also, I couldn't care less about whether other Muslims drink or not, it's totally up to them.

I can link random websites too and quote from them:*

"Dehydration is common during a fast. The body continues to lose water and salts through breathing, perspiring and urinating."

"Lack of food and water, changes of routine and shorter periods of sleep can cause stress. "

"People who regularly inject insulin are advised not to fast, as the potential risk to health both in the short and long term of not taking insulin is too great. People who have their diabetes under control using tablets should seek careful advice from their GP before starting a fast."

*I even found the same nhs livewell website that you used. How silly do you look now?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by OGGUS
May they be Guided in the righteous path.

Original post by z33
Yupp, not supposed to fast if you're pregnant or if it harms your body or if you faint or feel unwell at any point during the day.
Hot countries have an advantage actually because their days are shorter so they fast 6 hours less than us Muslims over here!

May God give them guidance Amen.

Ah ok, thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending