The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Ramadan Kareem everyone!
Can't express how excited I am for my first Ramadan. I am so thankful Allah has allowed me to come this far and to enter this month, alhamdulillah.

May Allah make fasting easy for us, forgive us our sins, increase our imaan, and set our hearts firm on His beautiful deen this blessed month.
Awesome idea :woo:

Very quick one from me (sorry :colondollar:) - if you would like to type in another language, you're more than welcome to do so but please provide a translation so everyone else can join in. :h:

Cheers!
Ethan
Original post by Hamoody
How many hours do you have to fast? We fast for 14.5 hours :redface:

Kel 3aam ou enti bikhair :hugs:

19 hours in UK
Is Chewing Gum allowed? Is brushing your teeth with paste allowed whilst fasting?
Original post by Midnight1811
Is Chewing Gum allowed? Is brushing your teeth with paste allowed whilst fasting?

Not sure about chewing gum I don't think so (use miswak instead)
I brush my teeth but try not to swallow any toothpaste

Allah knows best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chewing gum isn't allowed. You can use toothpaste, just make sure you don't swallow any.
I'm breaking my fast at about 9:30 pm tonight 7 more hours to go :dumbells:
Original post by yasminkattan
Chewing gum isn't allowed. You can use toothpaste, just make sure you don't swallow any.

Original post by mxskaan
Not sure about chewing gum I don't think so (use miswak instead)
I brush my teeth but try not to swallow any toothpaste

Allah knows best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorted. Thank you. For some bizarre reason, and it always happens around Ramadan time. my breath becomes horrid I pity the the people I'm in contact with, if it feels bad for me I wonder how they cope. There's no clear smell, it's not eggy, but at the same time is off putting. I wonder why this is
Sorted. Thank you. For some bizarre reason, and it always happens around Ramadan time. my breath becomes horrid I pity the the people I'm in contact with, if it feels bad for me I wonder how they cope. There's no clear smell, it's not eggy, but at the same time is off putting. I wonder why this is

It happens to most people. I think it's because there is nothing in your stomach. But I'm not sure :biggrin:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah the Exalted said: Every deed of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, for it is done for My sake and I will reward it.” The Prophet added, “By Allah in whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, the breath of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 1151
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ كُلُّ عَمَلِ ابْنِ آدَمَ لَهُ إِلَّا الصِّيَامَ هُوَ لِي وَأَنَا أَجْزِي بِهِ فَوَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَخُلْفَةُ فَمِ الصَّائِمِ أَطْيَبُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ مِنْ رِيحِ الْمِسْكِ

1151 صحيح مسلم كتاب الصيام باب فضل الصيام
Ramadan Kareem brothers and sisters.
Reply 30

Try mouthwash?
Reply 31
Original post by iEthan
Awesome idea :woo:

Very quick one from me (sorry :colondollar:) - if you would like to type in another language, you're more than welcome to do so but please provide a translation so everyone else can join in. :h:

Cheers!
Ethan

Psstttt

Spoiler

Original post by z33
Psstttt

Spoiler

I am very aware of that :smile: that wasn't what I was referring to. :smile:
Ramadan Kareem peeps. Pls keep me ur prayers. Unfortunately Ramadan is clashing with my GCSE exams so sadly I have to concentrate on them 🙁 But the fasts in UK are just too long ( 18hrs 44'min ) and with the warm weather it makes it harder. But inshallah I will get through it 👍🏻
Reply 34
Original post by iEthan
I am very aware of that :smile: that wasn't what I was referring to. :smile:

o... sorry
Original post by yasminkattan
Ramadan Kareem everyone!
Can't express how excited I am for my first Ramadan. I am so thankful Allah has allowed me to come this far and to enter this month, alhamdulillah.

May Allah make fasting easy for us, forgive us our sins, increase our imaan, and set our hearts firm on His beautiful deen this blessed month.

Ameen 🙏🏼
Original post by X_Hope_X
Ramadan Kareem peeps. Pls keep me ur prayers. Unfortunately Ramadan is clashing with my GCSE exams so sadly I have to concentrate on them 🙁 But the fasts in UK are just too long ( 18hrs 44'min ) and with the warm weather it makes it harder. But inshallah I will get through it 👍🏻

I leik ur gamer tag

Toothpaste is allowed, just don't swallow any of it. And about gum I'm not sure if I were you I wouldn't chew any . Ramadan Kareem to you and ur family
image.jpeg
Kullu 3aam wa enta be5air! Ramadan Kareem bro. I hope your fast going well. I will going to uni for summer courses, so yeah pray for me, I hope you make full of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending