The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grace143
last year you needed 46 for an A* and i thought that was easier than this year's so I think Undec is probably right

Guys. You are forgetting that that this is Unit 1. Is this not meant to be the hardest unit ? The grade boundary for an A* can't possibly be higher than 46. That's absurd. I did find it very easy but come on. The grade boundary can't be that high.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Reply 141
i hope it isnt anyway because i got 43
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Guys. You are forgetting that that this is Unit 1. Is this not meant to be the hardest unit ? The grade boundary for an A* can't possibly be higher than 46. That's absurd. I did find it very easy but come on. The grade boundary can't be that high.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

I was talking about Unit 1. Check last year's grade boundaries. I don't think it will be higher than 46 but it was 46 last year so why not 47 this year
Original post by homere
i hope it isnt anyway because i got 43

How do you know?!
Reply 144
How do you know?!

i dont know just a rough estimate

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 15.29.15.pnghere are last year's grade boundaries
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 15.29.15.pnghere are last year's grade boundaries

Ok. I give up. I guess it is going to be that high. I found it easy nonetheless and we'll just have to see what happens on results day

Ok. I give up. I guess it is going to be that high. I found it easy nonetheless and we'll just have to see what happens on results day

Ahah let's just hope they are lower this year, 46 does seem pretty high. Anyway better do some English revision for tomorrow!
Ahah let's just hope they are lower this year, 46 does seem pretty high. Anyway better do some English revision for tomorrow!

Lol. I hate to be cocky and I'm really not being cocky but I've done 3 mocks for this exam and I winged each one. Walked away with an A* every time. I'm taking a break today and I'm going to be revising for physics because I find that difficult at times. I'll probably wake up early and go over my mocks. Thanks though. Good luck.

Lol. I hate to be cocky and I'm really not being cocky but I've done 3 mocks for this exam and I winged each one. Walked away with an A* every time. I'm taking a break today and I'm going to be revising for physics because I find that difficult at times. I'll probably wake up early and go over my mocks. Thanks though. Good luck.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you should go revise haha I meant me... but you're welcome?! Good luck to you too! :smile:
Sorry I didn't mean to imply you should go revise haha I meant me... but you're welcome?! Good luck to you too! :smile:

No. It had never crossed my mind that you might have. Oh. I see. No worries. Thanks.

What an exam!!!!!! So hard!!!!! I literally left nearly every question blank!?!?!?!?! Hardest exam ever!!!!!!!1
What topic did you not do from question 5?

I didn't do the Helsinki Conference because I had no idea how to make it a whole paragraph without having to waffle because I only know one sentence about it.

I'm a bit disappointed that nothing about Cuba came up ://
I liked Q1, Q2, idk about question 3... I wrote a lot avout the consequences of the prague spring instead of the actual REFORMS. Q4 was hard. Didnt finish that. Q5 was absolute bae. Q6 i ********ted half of it.
All in all, expecting a B and hopefully will do better on the next 2 so i can get an A over all.
Original post by Undec
I wrote about Berlin blockade and airlift in the last 13 marker. Also talked about how the putting missiles on Cuba resulted in greater focus on Berlin as the Berlin Wall was a way of also detouring the rest of the worlds view of what the Soviet Union was doing. Also mentioned the 1963 Berlin speech by Kennedy.
Honestly think I got around 8 or 7 marks

Oh no, the cuban missile crisis was after the Berlin crisis. The cuba thing happened in 1962, the berlin wall was built in 1961. Hope u did well overall though ^^.
Reply 155
do you know the grade boundaries for the Vietnam CA because i was only given my mark not my grade?
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
^ I mentioned the Berlin airlift too,.

I dont think Berlin Airlift would gain any marks because it is not in the time period?
For the flashpoint I mentioned the November 1958 6 month ultimatum and the resulting issues that almost led to nuclear war. Do you think that would be okay?
Original post by Mark 88
What an exam!!!!!! So hard!!!!! I literally left nearly every question blank!?!?!?!?! Hardest exam ever!!!!!!!1

Want to discuss what happened in te exam?
Original post by strikeh
I dont think Berlin Airlift would gain any marks because it is not in the time period?

I didn't go into huge detail about it, but I touched on it as an example of east vs west and how that affected things during the actual time period they asked for, but I still ran out of time on that one :frown:
I think my bad time management was mainly due to trying to pull everything I knew about Helsinki out of my brain (I had no idea about the carter doctrine) and the fact that I sat and stared at question 4 in a panic for a bit too long *facepalm*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending