The Student Room Group

how do you revise for english language?

I have my GCSE English language exam tomorrow and I have no idea how to revise and feel prepared for it, help please :/
Original post by hooploop123
I have my GCSE English language exam tomorrow and I have no idea how to revise and feel prepared for it, help please :/

I have mine tomorrow as well, I'm just doing past papers at the moment to work on my timings for each q
Reply 2

Did you get a study pack? If not, watch Mr Bruff
i have my gcse english language exam tomorrow and i have no idea how to revise and feel prepared for it, help please :/

are there any anthology texts if so annotate them.
Make sure ur grammar is up to point
practice pastpaper
see where u are going wrong
repeat same pastpaper and see if ur mark went up?

What did u get in ur mock?
Ive got my exam tomorrow, my class did posters on it so I'm just looking at them
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
are there any anthology texts if so annotate them.
Make sure ur grammar is up to point
practice pastpaper
see where u are going wrong
repeat same pastpaper and see if ur mark went up?

What did u get in ur mock?

I just scraped an A in my mock but the week building up to it we went over the techniques for each question a lot and that was back in November so im abit worried :/
Reply 6
Original post by amyjanee15
Ive got my exam tomorrow, my class did posters on it so I'm just looking at them

good luck I hope it all goes well for you
good luck I hope it all goes well for you

it won't, I'm bad at english language
Read online articles about anything, find satirical newspapers, basically just read as that'll help you no end for the last 2 questions. For the first four just know timings and the general idea of what you need to write for them, other then that there's not much else you can do. Personally I'm not a fan of past papers for this exam as past papers are more for revising content and for this exam the content is different every year. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending