The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa english lanuage

hey guys, i got a C for my english language unit 3 controlled assessment and if i get an A or A* for the exam what will my grade average out to???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aisha591
hey guys, i got a C for my english language unit 3 controlled assessment and if i get an A or A* for the exam what will my grade average out to???

To be on the safe side I'll assume you got around 47 which is just about a C. If you got 57 (what you need for an A*) in the exam, then that would give you 104 marks which would average out to a B (you need 101 marks for a B). If you got 51 marks in the exam (A) then that would give you 98 marks, which would still give you a C. However if you got higher than 47 in your coursework (a C is between 47 and 55) then you could easily get a B. For example, if you got 55 in your coursework and got 51 (A) in your exam, that would give you 106 marks which would be a B. If you can find out what you got for your coursework than we can get a more accurate idea?

(I got the grade boundaries from here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF - they're last year's ones so they could change for us).

I hope this helped!
Reply 2
Original post by examtime123
To be on the safe side I'll assume you got around 47 which is just about a C. If you got 57 (what you need for an A*) in the exam, then that would give you 104 marks which would average out to a B (you need 101 marks for a B). If you got 51 marks in the exam (A) then that would give you 98 marks, which would still give you a C. However if you got higher than 47 in your coursework (a C is between 47 and 55) then you could easily get a B. For example, if you got 55 in your coursework and got 51 (A) in your exam, that would give you 106 marks which would be a B. If you can find out what you got for your coursework than we can get a more accurate idea?

(I got the grade boundaries from here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF - they're last year's ones so they could change for us).

I hope this helped!

Thanks that helped a lot, for my coursework i got 55.Also how many marks would you need for an A overall??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks that helped a lot for my coursework i got 55. anyways thanks much appreciated

just another quick one, how many marks do u need for an A overall??
just another quick one, how many marks do u need for an A overall??

An A overall is about 116, so if you got 55 in your coursework then you'd need about 61 in the exam to get an A :smile:
An A overall is about 116, so if you got 55 in your coursework then you'd need about 61 in the exam to get an A :smile:

If I got about 68 in my coursework of memory how many marks would I need to get an A/A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 58 which is a c in my coursework can i still get a b
Original post by blueribbons99
If I got about 68 in my coursework of memory how many marks would I need to get an A/A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

48 for an A and 61 for an A* (roughly) :smile:
Original post by StudentGCSE16
i got 58 which is a c in my coursework can i still get a b

A B overall is about 101 marks, so you'd need to get about 43 marks in the exam to get a B :smile: You can still do it!
Reply 9

Thanks much appreciated
48 for an A and 61 for an A* (roughly) :smile:

Okay thank you!!! Do u how the UMS works?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Okay thank you!!! Do u how the UMS works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, not really, sorry!
No, not really, sorry!

No worried(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any predictions for section B??
I got an A* on my coursework but I'm not sure exactly how many marks I got. Assuming I got the lowest marks in the grade boundary, how many marks do I need to get in the exam to get an A* overall?
Original post by 123123zzz123
I got an A* on my coursework but I'm not sure exactly how many marks I got. Assuming I got the lowest marks in the grade boundary, how many marks do I need to get in the exam to get an A* overall?

57 marks is an A* in the exam :smile:
57 marks is an A* in the exam :smile:

okay - thank you!!

what is it all out of? like an A is 116, whats the maximum marks?
Original post by annied109
what is it all out of? like an A is 116, whats the maximum marks?

Coursework is out of 80 and the exam is out of 80, so its' out of 160 overall :smile: The grade boundaries are actually pretty good!
If I got an A* in my coursework how many marks do I need in my exam to get an A* overall?

Quick Reply

Latest