The Student Room Group

Anime/Manga collection

Who collects anime DVDs or has a collection of manga? If you do how much stuff do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Konahagakure
Who collects anime DVDs or has a collection of manga? If you do how much stuff do you have?

I do, and too much. :p: I'll take some photos later, as my last ones are a few years out of date.
Excuse the state of my room, I've been fighting a losing battle against rain and dust and lack of space for years. :colondollar:

Big manga bookcase

Rotating manga bookcase

Manga cuboid

Homemade manga bookcase

Behind my desk

Manga drawer

Anime shelf

(edited 7 years ago)
Woah!! That's a lot of stuff.... I only started this year
image.jpg

This is all I've got so far😅😅
Oh, and not pictured: my large digital manga collection on Kindle and emanga. :p:
Original post by UnoriginalBen
How much do you think your collection is worth?

I wouldn't know where to begin. :o: I know a few single volumes have skyrocketed since I bought them (e.g. Twin Spica v.11, 7 Billion Needles v.3, Flower of Life v.4), but a few others would be unsellable due to water damage. :frown:
£150 from just 3 books!! That's great! Oh, may I ask where you buy your figures?

Mostly from Telford MCM and Minamicon, though I recently started ordering from ebay as well. I'm told there's plenty of fakes floating around on there, but thankfully most of the characters/series I'm interested in aren't big enough to warrant the bootleggers' attentions. :p:
Ah, thank you and hopefully neither of us will get scammed.

For some reason I can never trust eBay I buy all my manga on Amazon idk if it's more expensive.🤔
Original post by Konahagakure
For some reason I can never trust eBay I buy all my manga on Amazon idk if it's more expensive.🤔

Manga on ebay is pretty reliable, as long as you make sure its in the right language. :p: Sometimes they're cheaper than Amazon on new books, but often they're about the same.

The Book Depository is also very good and sometimes cheaper - worth checking out both their price in Amazon's marketplace (they're almost always there for anything still in print), and the price on their own site, as one can often be cheaper than the other. :yes:
Have just one manga (Magic Kaito) and just a few DVD to certain animes (Noir, Hellsing OVA, Hellsing the series and Samurai 7). As a anime fan, its a shame, even a big one! shame on me!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
x

That is so amazing! you have really a true passion for animes and mangas. No one would deny when someone gets a glance at that.
i like mangos too
I just got a Naruto satchel from ebay today..it is mainly black with white and red details and has Gaara on it with his hand stretching forwards controlling the sand and i love it c= most of my anime stuff is Naruto bases including all the movies all xbox games and all ps3 games except the ninja storm 4 game..i love Naruto c= wondering if i should get into Fairytail..lots of merch for it unlike one of my other favorite shows/animes RWBY 0=
Reply 14
I don't have much, but here's my collection: https://i.gyazo.com/34f9e5b57a69df1cfc4659264235e829.jpg

I do also have some manga: 10-15 Naruto volumes, two Attack on Titan and one UQ Holder. I am looking to get rid of those though as I don't want to collect manga now! Already sold about 15 Naruto volumes (at a huge loss, I might add).
I've got 650~ manga volumes. Other than that I have a bunch of Love Live! merchandise. (6 nendoroids, 2 jumbo nesoberi plushes, 2 tapestries, 2 CDs, 1 t shirt, 1 art book & 1 expensive figure ordered that should arrive in a few months)
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I've got 650~ manga volumes. Other than that I have a bunch of Love Live! merchandise. (6 nendoroids, 2 jumbo nesoberi plushes, 2 tapestries, 2 CDs, 1 t shirt, 1 art book & 1 expensive figure ordered that should arrive in a few months)

650 mangas? respect, that is a lot. I can't imagine that our appreciated anime and manga fan, AngryJellyfish, has even more. I have my doubts at least.
Original post by Kallisto
650 mangas? respect, that is a lot. I can't imagine that our appreciated anime and manga fan, AngryJellyfish, has even more. I have my doubts at least.

Not that it's a competition, but a quick count estimates my collection at ~750 (again, I'm not sure on the exact numbers in that huge 3x3 pile) - that's not counting light novels, digital manga (259 volumes bought via Amazon, BookWalker and eManga), and counting all omnibuses as single volumes.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not that it's a competition, but a quick count estimates my collection at ~750 (again, I'm not sure on the exact numbers in that huge 3x3 pile) - that's not counting light novels, digital manga (259 volumes bought via Amazon, BookWalker and eManga), and counting all omnibuses as single volumes.

You are a true boaster AngryJellyfish. But quite rightly in my opinion. Don't know a person who has such a great collection, I will give you that. Do you have enough time to read them anyway?
Original post by Kallisto
You are a true boaster AngryJellyfish. But quite rightly in my opinion. Don't know a person who has such a great collection, I will give you that. Do you have enough time to read them anyway?

Everything on the shelves has been read once, over the course of the last 11 years. Very few have been read twice. :p: I've been a bit slower reading the digital stuff, probably have ~15 volumes unread, but it doesn't make me feel as guilty as a similarly sized pile of paperbacks would. :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest