The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Gnatt27
Hang on didn't it say votre opinion on whether its positive ou negative? I picked a side and only wrote about negative because I thought it was asking for your personal opinion on whether its a good or bad influence

I thought it asked for the positive and negative influences of it but I can't remember 100% :smile:
Reply 181
I don't really know how I feel!! I was so happy with the essay titles (I did smoking), my biggest concern is with the readings 😩 Usually reading is my strongest in an exam but I felt it was too hard! The application q, the synonyms (I got like 3 by the looks) and the series q I got lots of vrais! I'm praying the grade boundaries are low
Original post by neil20143
I think I said it. But thinking about it again, in 2014, one hard section caused the grade boundaries to drop to 85. There were several here so I'm thinking anywhere between (80-83), although nothing less than that.

Thinking I got a B overall. Damn, wanted an A :frown:

I'm sure you did better than you thought, I think speaking also is integrated in your final grade so you could get pushed up if that is an A as well. Don't lose hope, I know I am doubting the A grade just like quiet a lot of solid A grade students in my class. This is making it more likely that the grade boundaries could be low this year.

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I'm sure you did better than you thought, I think speaking also is integrated in your final grade so you could get pushed up if that is an A as well. Don't lose hope, I know I am doubting the A grade just like quiet a lot of solid A grade students in my class. This is making it more likely that the grade boundaries could be low this year.

Spoiler

I was literally sat there like "shoot, what if I'm the only one finding this hard!'

I guess I also have A2 to make up for it as well even if I do get a B. Thank you for the encouragement, made me feel a LOT better!
Original post by Gnatt27
Hang on didn't it say votre opinion on whether its positive ou negative? I picked a side and only wrote about negative because I thought it was asking for your personal opinion on whether its a good or bad influence

That is right. It didn't want both. I was about to do it but I thought I would repeat myself too much. It definitely asked to choose a side
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Babyoleg
I put voient because i thought it was something like the plural object does to nous eg ils nous permettent
so did i
I was literally sat there like "shoot, what if I'm the only one finding this hard!'

I guess I also have A2 to make up for it as well even if I do get a B. Thank you for the encouragement, made me feel a LOT better!

C'etait mon plaisir! :smile:
I'm not sure about A2 now ngl...
Original post by woopwoopwoopwoop
I remember...(not in order)
1)the V/F/ND for the TV thing...
2)Choosing one of the three words/phrase for the family divorce thing
3)The synonyms
4)The Grammar
... Whats the fifth one?
Omg I blanked out at the Application question in the listening section does anyone have any idea what the answers were? :O

The weird matching exercise
I'm fairly sure it was PUBLIQUES
I think I got VFV N/D N/DFFF
I found the True/False questions weird. Everything didn't really make sense to me lol.
I remember I got a lot of ND.
What did people get for the question about film vs TV scenarioists something to do with earning more money?
And the American adaptation series thing confused me too. I was wasn't sure which way round it was and whether it was F or ND.
Also, in the listening, the mannequin girl last question.
I put she dropped out of school and her parents and teachers were surprised? Did anyone else get this?
Original post by avocadomash
I found the True/False questions weird. Everything didn't really make sense to me lol.
What did people get for the question about film vs TV scenarioists something to do with earning more money?
And the American adaptation series thing confused me too. I was wasn't sure which way round it was and whether it was F or ND.
I put she dropped out of school and her parents and teachers were surprised? Did anyone else get this?

I remember that tv scenarioists earn less money, for the model one what you put was right
That is right. It didn't want both. I was about to do it but I thought I would repeat myself too much. It definitely asked to choose a side

Ah ok thanks I was worried for a bit then
Original post by Babyoleg
Did your schools had a lot resitting because mine had quite a few and that'll bring up the grade boundaries

Trust me the resitters wont bring up the grade boundary's. Found this harder than when i sat it in 2015. Such a hard paper. Everyone else in my class found it hard too.
Does anyone know the answers for the questions where you had to link the starts and ends of sentences????
^ I guessed all but two :X
Original post by avocadomash

I got F (for TV scriptwriters because I thought it said they don't work for films anymore because of a lack of salary) and V (I think for the American show)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EilidhHide
Does anyone know the answers for the questions where you had to link the starts and ends of sentences????
^ I guessed all but two :X

I did that. The rest were ridiculous!

Did anyone get mostly Bs and Cs for that family paragraph on divorce? I did.
(edited 7 years ago)
I did that. The rest were ridiculous!

Did anyone get mostly Bs and Cs for that family paragraph on divorce? I did.

Yeah I think I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d4rkshines_
Yeah I think I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did too... to a point where i felt like I should put an A even though it was B/C
Was there any A though??
I did the music essay and I believe it said "in your opinion, does music have a positive or negative influence?"
I wrote about both positives and negatives - will I get penalised for this!? I'm really worried now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending