The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by snk321
Hey when is your birthday? Mine is on the 7th which is supposed to be eid :smile:

Heya, mine is on 7th of July :h:

Original post by mariam687
imfeeling it now, im so tired and thirsty its unbelievable.. :frown: thanks for tagging me in though :smile:

Owhhh :hugs: Don't worry, Allah will reward you well for this :u:

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
We fast something like 17.5h :3Ameen , wanta zada :hugs:

:eek::eek:
But I don't think it should be difficult right? I mean the temperature in France is decent enough :cheeky:

:hugs:

Original post by ODES_PDES
Eid? A bit too early?

:rofl: You see, you start planning about two weeks prior to your birthday, but when it's a two-in-one, the prep shoots up :rofl:

Original post by Crazypaw
Ramadhan Mubarak guys! Wishing you a joyous Iftar with happiness, health and success always!
Ramadaan Mubarak :biggrin: Aameen, and the same to you too :yep:
Original post by Banana208
thanks for the tag btwyooo I'm feeling real thirsty.How was history @mariam687??

You're welcome :biggrin:
:rofl: Aww don't worry, you'll soon be gobbling delicious items :teehee:

Original post by weevilspongebob
Wow birthday and eid in one thats awesome! I am feeling the hunger ngl but I wouldn't haved it any other way I looove Ramadhan :biggrin:
:yep: I'm a lucky one ennit? :cheeky:Same :yep:
Original post by undercxver
Ramadan Kareem! Hope your fast is going well. :tongue:Good idea on the thread, it needed to be done. :h:
:yep: It's going great alhamdellah :woo: And thanks a lot for the support :h:
Original post by h333
Nice thread Alhamdulillah. I am feeling better today when I am fasting than when I was not Alhamdulillah. I just feel more energetic and happy, and willing to be active.RAMADAN KAREEM!

Thanks for the support and joining in. How has your fast been? Share it with us :smile:

Ramadan Kareem :biggrin:

Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
19 hours in UK
Owh, but I'm sure it'll be over quick :console:
Original post by iEthan
Awesome idea :woo:Very quick one from me (sorry :colondollar:) - if you would like to type in another language, you're more than welcome to do so but please provide a translation so everyone else can join in. :h:Cheers!Ethan
Thanks Ethan, that was something of a compliment that was meant exclusively for Frenchie :cheeky:But I'll try being a good boy with the language :mmm:
Original post by yasminkattan
Ramadan Kareem everyone!Can't express how excited I am for my first Ramadan. I am so thankful Allah has allowed me to come this far and to enter this month, alhamdulillah.May Allah make fasting easy for us, forgive us our sins, increase our imaan, and set our hearts firm on His beautiful deen this blessed month.
Salaams, isn't it just amazing? It's wonderful that you've joined in. May Allah bless you and make this a reason for your entrance to Jannah :hugs:
Original post by _icecream
I'm breaking my fast at about 9:30 pm tonight 7 more hours to go :dumbells:
Whoa, good luck bud :h:
Original post by X_Hope_X
Ramadan Kareem peeps. Pls keep me ur prayers. Unfortunately Ramadan is clashing with my GCSE exams so sadly I have to concentrate on them 🙁 But the fasts in UK are just too long ( 18hrs 44'min ) and with the warm weather it makes it harder. But inshallah I will get through it 👍🏻

Hey bud, good luck with your exams and inshaAllah you won't feel the fast don't worry :yep::console:

Original post by Azhar Rana
Kullu 3aam wa enta be5air! Ramadan Kareem bro. I hope your fast going well. I will going to uni for summer courses, so yeah pray for me, I hope you make full of it :smile:
3aad 3alena ou 3alekum ya ghaali :biggrin:It's going great. How's it at Al Ain? :lol: Sure, you'll be in my duaas :yep:
Is it ok to delay Ramadan for exams ?
Whats the rule for this ?
Original post by Khalessi_
First fast today 😊😊 going great, a bit hungry now lol but not long left now. I need you guys opinion on something.....I have an exam tomorrow do you think I should fast??

Yes u should fast because you're only excused from fasting for certain reasons such as you have a illness but exams is not part of that.
Making dua while fasting is much more blessed and is more likely to be accepted.
inshaAllah it goes well
Reply 63
Original post by gameofno
tbh i just cant wait till eid cause then i get rich as heck. thank u god

You greedy kid :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Zamestaneh
I am so drained and hungry and thirsty... been doing stuff today in the heat and by the end of it I was almost too tired to climb down a ladder :u:

Aww :console: Allah bless you matey :console:

Original post by eternalhinch
am i the only one fasting tomorrow??
:lol: Nawh, millions will be fasting along with you :yep:
Original post by DesiGirl31
5 hours and 32 mins left until iftari :redface:Thirsty more than hungryLove Ramadan nonetheless! :love:
Good luck spending that time in patience and perseverance :lol:Same with me, the thirst is more of a killer :frown:
Assalamualaikum,
we have around 16 hours and some minutes, long fast, pretty long and well, the weather too extreme here.
Not so much excited about Eid for my mother isn't around, she is seas away from us, for her Ph.D study, and we feel like half the excitement drained already!
And tomorrow our first fast and my second last exam of AS too...
Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Hibzish
Yes u should fast because you're only excused from fasting for certain reasons such as you have a illness but exams is not part of that.
Making dua while fasting is much more blessed and is more likely to be accepted.
inshaAllah it goes well

Okay thank you. I'm just worried that I might not be able to focus or concentrate properly
Reply 66
Original post by Kadak

It's not okay as it is obligatory for a muslim to fast regardless of what happens. Unless of course you aren't well :console:
Reply 67
Original post by NachoPhilosopher
Assalamualaikum,
we have around 16 hours and some minutes, long fast, pretty long and well, the weather too extreme here.
Not so much excited about Eid for my mother isn't around, she is seas away from us, for her Ph.D study, and we feel like half the excitement drained already!
And tomorrow our first fast and my second last exam of AS too...
Good luck everyone :smile:

Alaikum elsalaam
Well, you just need to forget that you've got that long or the thought drains :frown:
Owh no, don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to enjoy Eid InshaAllah :hugs::console:
Original post by childofthesun
How hot is it over there? :lol:

Idk, but it's cooled down now; all I know that I had the sun on my back and I was working away, so I got hot and tired :tongue:
@HAnwar

Thanks for the tag :smile:
First fast today 😊😊 going great, a bit hungry now lol but not long left now. I need you guys opinion on something.....I have an exam tomorrow do you think I should fast??

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
In London its around 19 hours... It will be 19.15 hours by the middle of ramadan :biggrin:
I don't mind, imo it's not that long

Spoiler

Okay thank you. I'm just worried that I might not be able to focus or concentrate properly

You should be fine. Like advised before, make dua.
Get at least 6 hours of sleep.
I had an exam this morning and I was worried I'd be tired but it was fine alhamdullilah.
Good luck!

I like your beard. I want one.

Spoiler

Reply 74
Original post by Axel Johann
@HAnwar

Thanks for the tag :smile:

No worries :h:
Reply 75
Original post by Hamoody

Thanks for the support and joining in. How has your fast been? Share it with us :smile:

You are welcome. :h:
I already said how it is going for me but I will update now: Alhamdulillah all gooooood like honestly better than the non-fasting days. :woo:Just feel more fresh and not lazy. All thanks to Allah.

What about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hamoody
Alaikum elsalaam
Well, you just need to forget that you've got that long or the thought drains :frown:
Owh no, don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to enjoy Eid InshaAllah :console:

yes thank youuuu let's hope so :hugs:
My head is killing me!:angry:
Original post by Kadak

Exams and interviews and stuff like that do not qualify as a valid reason to miss a fast; only other things like illness, travelling at a distance etc exempt one from fasting that day :beard:
Original post by Hibzish
Ramadan kareem everyone

Why do some people start fasting tomorrow?? Every year i find someone is fasting 1 day later lol

It's based on sightings of the crescent moon in South Africa and Morocco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest