The Student Room Group

Official AQA New Spec AS Level Computer Science Thread - 6th of June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by brodingoson
Yeah just try and kill theory! That's what i'm doing to try and do well haha. The theory is no way as hard as the programming paper

It's not but my teachers were shite and hardly taught us anything so I've basically got to learn the whole syllabus in a week while I still have 3 other exams to revise for and take 😴😴😴
Original post by TwixKix
It's not but my teachers were shite and hardly taught us anything so I've basically got to learn the whole syllabus in a week while I still have 3 other exams to revise for and take 😴😴😴

You can do it, just split up sections to learn each day. :smile: I've 6 exams left haha
Hey guys for the second question my code worked, but it didn't subtract 1 from the length of the ship...how many marks would I lose for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks was the check sunk question?
I think it was 8 marks for the code and 2 for the test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have the paper?
Ive done so bad in that exam
Original post by lilyjacks
Ive done so bad in that exam

A lot of people have :/
Reply 68
That exam was absolute aids. I genuinely hope the AQA Team who made that paper get arseh*le pummelled by one of those shitty little torpedos. Trace tables can go finger themselves as well. Anyone who says that exam was easy is either a full blown liar or a full blown meatball who programs for a living (no offence).
Reply 69
What did everyone get as the answers for the pseudo code translation question, when you had to input 47 and m, and 77 and a (or whatever it was)?
Original post by We-Major
What did everyone get as the answers for the pseudo code translation question, when you had to input 47 and m, and 77 and a (or whatever it was)?

Can't remember, what did u get? I just did it and as soon as i got the answer, i screenshotted haha, that was the only question where i didnt have tp think about what i was doing lol

I couldn't get it to work and kept getting 4 and 0, and I think it should've been 5 and 6. Unfortunate very hard paper, was pushed for time and even certain questions in section A and B were difficult ( Trace table question).
Reply 72
Original post by oedjwoh
That exam was absolute aids. I genuinely hope the AQA Team who made that paper get arseh*le pummelled by one of those shitty little torpedos. Trace tables can go finger themselves as well. Anyone who says that exam was easy is either a full blown liar or a full blown meatball who programs for a living (no offence).

You speak my mind 👌🏻
Reply 73
Can't remember, what did u get? I just did it and as soon as i got the answer, i screenshotted haha, that was the only question where i didnt have tp think about what i was doing lol

I think I got 4 and 2, but like you, I didn't really think about what I was doing and I didn't have to check my answers at the end
Reply 74
Original post by stephencurtis
I couldn't get it to work and kept getting 4 and 0, and I think it should've been 5 and 6. Unfortunate very hard paper, was pushed for time and even certain questions in section A and B were difficult ( Trace table question).

I really hope it's not meant to be 5 and 6, because I think I got 4 and 2
I think I got 4 and 2, but like you, I didn't really think about what I was doing and I didn't have to check my answers at the end

Yeah same! i needed a good 30 mins extra to finish stuff and check, hopefully AQA next year won't be as harsh as they were this year lol
The only question in actually confident on is the validation code question
Original post by lilyjacks
The only question in actually confident on is the validation code question

Which Q was that?
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Which Q was that?

the first coding question, where you had to do validation on the Row, so if an invalid number was entered it would display an error message

Quick Reply

Latest