The Student Room Group

OCR History A: Schools History Project, I messed up a source question

Ughhhh I'm so so annoyed!!! In the Medicine Through Time bit, I though source C was a blood transfusion. However, my friends thougt it was blood letting. Does any one know which one it was? If it was wrong can I still get an A*?
Original post by chloedelrey
Ughhhh I'm so so annoyed!!! In the Medicine Through Time bit, I though source C was a blood transfusion. However, my friends thougt it was blood letting. Does any one know which one it was? If it was wrong can I still get an A*?

I put blood letting, but even if you did mess up on that part, you could still have gained the majority of the other marks so don't worry! Did you mention clinical observation for that source?
It's blood letting, don't worry I missed out a whole question about the Hitler youth by acident. =/
Reply 3
Original post by oliviasanders1
I put blood letting, but even if you did mess up on that part, you could still have gained the majority of the other marks so don't worry! Did you mention clinical observation for that source?

I thought that but I forgot to put it down I think ugh I feel sick now i spent so long revising
I thought that but I forgot to put it down I think ugh I feel sick now i spent so long revising

Don't stress i'm sure you've done better than you think! Hope paper 2 is better tbh :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by oliviasanders1
Don't stress i'm sure you've done better than you think! Hope paper 2 is better tbh :frown:

Can I still get an A*? The rest of the questions went really well. Thank you, I'm just so stressed. In that question I put something about hygiene not improving and a few other revalant points. I think I mentioned Harvey or something. would I still get *some* marks?
Reply 6
Even I wrote about blood transfusion and I think it should be accepted as an alternative point because by the eighteenth century this was invented and it does seem valid if we put it into context. I also wrote about hygiene.
Reply 7
Original post by Allergic2Cyanide
It's blood letting, don't worry I missed out a whole question about the Hitler youth by acident. =/

Even if it is blood letting for that question, you would still get marks for explanation and other valid points right?
Reply 8
Original post by Anmol_.
Even if it is blood letting for that question, you would still get marks for explanation and other valid points right?

Oh few, that's good I'm so glad someone else did the same. I agree because it never actually said it was either
Oh few, that's good I'm so glad someone else did the same. I agree because it never actually said it was either

It did. It said 8 from the whole family. But don't worry you'll be just fine.
Does anybody have the grade boundaries? Because I made a similar mistake
This paper was actually quite alright :smile: I didn't like the vigilantes question on the American West, but for Source C I did the four humours, because it was asking about the Greeks, and they didn't really do blood-letting, that was more Galen? Blood is one of the four humours. Not sure if that's right though, probably wrong haha :tongue:
Course you can!
& I hope you get the A* your looking for hun! :biggrin:
Can I still get an A*? The rest of the questions went really well. Thank you, I'm just so stressed. In that question I put something about hygiene not improving and a few other revalant points. I think I mentioned Harvey or something. would I still get *some* marks?

Someone said that last year it was around 66/81 for an A* so if you only messed up on one part of a question and you got other points you'll be fine!
Thanks everyone. I'm so glad the Renaissance men were in there :smile: does anyone else have public health 1800-1914 next wk?
Thanks everyone. I'm so glad the Renaissance men were in there :smile: does anyone else have public health 1800-1914 next wk?

;0 I seen the pare question, but I done simpson loolz :smile: & Yupp, I'm doing it! Unfortunately LOL :biggrin:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
;0 I seen the pare question, but I done simpson loolz :smile: & Yupp, I'm doing it! Unfortunately LOL :biggrin:

As if I didn't hate sources enough.... I've got a whole paper full of them
As if I didn't hate sources enough.... I've got a whole paper full of them

LMAO hate em too :frown:

I'm sure many did the same because it was quite an obvious answer. Nevertheless, I hope we didn't lose marks but even if we did, it should only be 2/3 max.

Yes, that was my favorite question. I have public health next week and still haven't started revising for it but I guess I should be fine as I did good for that paper in the mocks so fingers crossed

Quick Reply