The Student Room Group

Is there REALLY a deadline to register to vote on the EU ref.?

Says the 7th

Which means I cannot get my application posted in time. Yes, posted, because northern Ireland is a backwards little place indeed.

Should I waste my time registering and sending it off late?
Sadly there is a deadline! You could try sending it off anyway BUT it most likely won't be successful, good luck though :smile:
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
Sadly there is a deadline! You could try sending it off anyway BUT it most likely won't be successful, good luck though :smile:

But i am told my vote is important and that it could change the result!
Register anyway - then you'll be able to vote in future. The more young people actually vote, the more policies will be formulated to appeal to the young, instead of disadvantaging you to help older people (who vote).

If you can't vote in the EU referendum, ask your older relatives to vote the way you would have voted, on the grounds it's far more important for you than them. And I hope you tell them to vote Remain.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
But i am told my vote is important and that it could change the result!

If it was that important you would have done something about it ages ago. We've had our polling cards for weeks now.
Reply 5
Says the 7th

Which means I cannot get my application posted in time. Yes, posted, because northern Ireland is a backwards little place indeed.

Should I waste my time registering and sending it off late?

Hand deliver it to your local office today. Addresses are on the form.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/184088/Register-to-vote-in-Northern-Ireland.pdf
Original post by ByEeek
If it was that important you would have done something about it ages ago. We've had our polling cards for weeks now.

I was under the impression that I could register online like a normal person. Only realised last night I could not.

Original post by jneill
Hand deliver it to your local office today. Addresses are on the form.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/184088/Register-to-vote-in-Northern-Ireland.pdf

I actually just got back from campus. I had to print out a postal vote form and register in my uni address council. Then filled out the form, scanned and emailed it instead. I couldn't hand it in to the council at home as I'm not there until next week., postal vote to uni council was the easiest and only possible way to register on time.
Reply 7
I was under the impression that I could register online like a normal person. Only realised last night I could not.

I actually just got back from campus. I had to print out a postal vote form and register in my uni address council. Then filled out the form, scanned and emailed it instead. I couldn't hand it in to the council at home as I'm not there until next week., postal vote to uni council was the easiest and only possible way to register on time.

So you're registered. Good work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending