The Student Room Group

2016 Predictions for IGCSE English Language Paper 1 Section A Anthology

What are your predictions for section A of the anthology for IGCSE English Language Paper 1?
My predictions are either the two Climate change texts or A Passage to Africa.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tkrv
What are your predictions for section A of the anthology for IGCSE English Language Paper 1?
My predictions are either the two Climate change texts or A Passage to Africa.

I'm hoping for Chinese Cinderella and Disabled. How are you preparing for the exam? I'm just doing past papers and constantly going over the anthology txts
Climate Change: Webpage
Reply 3
How can it be disabled? Disabled is in part B of the anthology.

I'm pretty annoyed that there aren't any past papers about Passage to Africa. I have no idea what its gonna ask, could you guys theorize a possible question for it

I think its quite unlikely they will ask about climate change webpage because there isn't really much to talk about
(edited 7 years ago)
To be honest - I don't really mind what's comes up, just hoping the questions are not too complicated and are fair suitable to answer.

What's do you guys have got for your speaking and listening?

I got 89 - worth 10%
Do you guys know how many more marks I need to aim for in paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

My study plan at the moment is using pass papers (only)
Original post by Pop404

I'm pretty annoyed that there aren't any past papers about Passage to Africa. I have no idea what its gonna ask, could you guys theorize a possible question for it

I think its quite unlikely they will ask about climate change webpage because there isn't really much to talk about

PTA: Normally they ask about thoughts and feelings(of the writer!).

Ah - there's a lot to talk about the climate change webpage! doesn't look it, but there is.
Original post by ImranMahmood
To be honest - I don't really mind what's comes up, just hoping the questions are not too complicated and are fair suitable to answer.

What's do you guys have got for your speaking and listening?

I got 89 - worth 10%
Do you guys know how many more marks I need to aim for in paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

My study plan at the moment is using pass papers (only)

The questions are never really too complicated to answer! they are a simple sentence which is a question.

Getting a C overall in English is about 50%. Considering the marks of paper 1(60) and paper 2(30) added together is 90. You'd need around 45 to get a C.

S+L is 10%. As the whole English Lang qualification is out of 100, 10 marks must then (theoretically) be left for S+L. So since you got 89 (out of 100 or 120 or whateva the total was), they'll probs do an average and give a mark out of 10. Say the whole mark was 100 and you got 89, they'd give you 9/10 marks (A*).
Original post by Pop404

sorry I meant Disabled for Paper 2 as it is in section B
Guys it's 100% Beach Safety.
Original post by jamesj477
Guys it's 100% Beach Safety.

What's makes you say that?
It's gone in a order- Beach Safety is technical next in the order but Passage to Africa, and the two Climate change texts have never come up before.
Original post by ihatethis
It's gone in a order- Beach Safety is technical next in the order but Passage to Africa, and the two Climate change texts have never come up before.

Hopefully they bring up a text they haven't used. I can't be asked to write about a text that I already done as a mock.

Currently I going through all the pass papers and looking at the mark scheme.
Reply 12
I'm pretty sure it's going to be passage to Africa or one of the climate change texts. I think the q wud b lik how does the writer present his thoughts and feelings for passage to Africa. And for the climate change i think its lik how does the writer create danger or make the reader get more involved or something
Reply 13
Reply 14
i think it could be A GAME POLO WITH A HEADLESS GOAT. a passage to africa recently came in 2014 paper. check this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Paper-1R-June-2014.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
in my opinion, i think A GAME OF POLO WITH HEADLESS GOAT will come up bc A PASSAGE TO AFRICA recently came in 2014 paper. here check out this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Paper-1R-June-2014.pdf
Original post by rsh.s
in my opinion, i think A GAME OF POLO WITH HEADLESS GOAT will come up bc A PASSAGE TO AFRICA recently came in 2014 paper. here check out this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Paper-1R-June-2014.pdf

game of polo came up this january
Reply 17
Original post by harveytom
game of polo came up this january

ohh.. Okay thnkxx
Reply 18
Edexcel igcse english language a 7th june am
for tomorrows exam... Only study from an explorers daughter. Exam leaked.
Reply 19
Might aswell cram this in here. All the text's are provided. As for section B (Anthologies)
Attachment not found
heres what's come up already.
Have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest