The Student Room Group

What do I need to get an a* for english language

Hi, if it were last years grade boundaries, what would I need for English language exam to get an a or an a*. I got 69/80 in my coursework. I don't know how to work it out. AQA btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jayg123
Hi, if it were last years grade boundaries, what would I need for English language exam to get an a or an a*. I got 69/80 in my coursework. I don't know how to work it out

57/58

(That's for AQA :smile:)
(edited 7 years ago)
what exam board are you doing? I'm doing edexcel english language tomorrow :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by skoolskool15
what exam board are you doing? I'm doing edexcel english language tomorrow :smile:

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by Elizzey
Good Luck :smile:

Thankyouuu you too if you're doing any exams :smile:
Reply 5
Thankyouuu you too if you're doing any exams :smile:

Haha thanks but I've still got a couple years :tongue:
Reply 6

No I'm doing AQA, Good luck for tomorrow though!
Original post by jayg123
No I'm doing AQA, Good luck for tomorrow though!

thankyouuuuu you too homie :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by luciie
57/58

Think you might be doing a different exam, the one tomorrow is out of 80
Reply 9
Original post by jayg123
Think you might be doing a different exam, the one tomorrow is out of 80

I mean you need 57 or 58 marks out of 80, not 57 marks out of 58 :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by luciie
I mean you need 57 or 58 marks out of 80, not 57 marks out of 58 :redface:

ahaha oops. How did you work that out though?

Taking the same too, good luck :smile: Been trying to find the mark boundaries, but can't find them - do you perchance know what marks you need to get an A*?
Reply 12
Original post by jayg123
ahaha oops. How did you work that out though?

Your coursework mark equates to a certain amount of UMS marks. The whole course is out of 300 UMS and for an A* you need 270/300. You just find out your coursework UMS mark, subtract it from the boundary and the amount of UMS left is the amount of marks you need in the exam.

(Excuse my rubbish explaining skills :tongue:)
Reply 13
Original post by luciie
Your coursework mark equates to a certain amount of UMS marks. The whole course is out of 300 UMS and for an A* you need 270/300. You just find out your coursework UMS mark, subtract it from the boundary and the amount of UMS left is the amount of marks you need in the exam.

(Excuse my rubbish explaining skills :tongue:)

Wow thanks, i never actually understood what UMS was until now haha. So is the coursework unit 1 or unit 3, because in the 2015 grade boundaries it was 54 /80 for an a* so was that coursework or language
Reply 14
Original post by jayg123
Wow thanks, i never actually understood what UMS was until now haha. So is the coursework unit 1 or unit 3, because in the 2015 grade boundaries it was 54 /80 for an a* so was that coursework or language

Unit 1 is the exam and unit 3 is the coursework :smile:
Original post by luciie
57/58

If I got 73 how much would I need? A couple of marks less?

So am I.
What do you think will come?
Reply 17
Original post by luciie

thanks :smile:) i think you can tell how unprepared I am through how many questions Ive just asked haha
Reply 18
Original post by luciie

how many marks is 1 UMS?

Quick Reply