The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS FN2

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the essay will be:smile:

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it?
Original post by Emiliajonessx

Horrible. Particularly the essay and the listening you?
Original post by _Charlotte15
Horrible. Particularly the essay and the listening you?

What essay did you do? :smile: I did this exam last year and got 34/35 on the essay on youth culture/fashion
rileystringer15503545
What essay did you do? :smile: I did this exam last year and got 34/35 on the essay on youth culture/fashion

Lucky you. Should 16 year olds be given the vote but I didn't really know which topic that came under.
Reply 5

A pain in the 'cou' !! The essay questions were awful, I chose the voting one because the rest were too concise to write a whole essay on (maybe not the traditions but I hate that topic)
Lucky you. Should 16 year olds be given the vote but I didn't really know which topic that came under.

I wasn't expecting it because I did no work for French at all really
Nice :smile: What did you think, should they have the vote?
Reply 7

I did that one and I had no idea which topic it was under so I just wrote a generic essay but my teacher said that was fine as long as you answered the question because it wasn't even a topic
I did the university degree one but I was struggling to find things to say in English never mind French ! But I thought the rest of the paper was okay the listening was actually alright I just struggle putting things into French even though I've found the answer which is so annoying ! 😭
Original post by rileystringer1
I wasn't expecting it because I did no work for French at all really
Nice :smile: What did you think, should they have the vote?

I balanced my answer but my opinion was yes they should for independence. But I literally just had to link it to youth culture like nowadays teenagers aren't interested in politics etc.
Original post by isabelle99
I did that one and I had no idea which topic it was under so I just wrote a generic essay but my teacher said that was fine as long as you answered the question because it wasn't even a topic

Why didn't tourism or health come up?!

Did they put anything in the translation to trip you up? :lol:
Reply 12
Which boxes did people tick true and false in the listening? (lmao I always panic after an exam and wonder what everyone else got)
Reply 13
Did everyone get quite a lot of falses for the first question?! Also was it only me that struggled with some of the vocab on the translations?
Omg yeh I was so ready for tourism ugh 😡
Hi guys,
The French paper was 50/50 in my opinion; the essay questions were by far the worst I've ever seen, and the listening wasn't that easy either. I got a bit confused with the 'tick the true statements' section since the text that went with it was slightly ambiguous, and wasn't clear all the time. The question to do with technology and teenagers etc. on how you could tell Nadine was 'accro' was also weird because there were so many things you could have spoken about from within the text!

Any thoughts guys?
Which boxes did people tick true and false in the listening? (lmao I always panic after an exam and wonder what everyone else got)

I can't remover all of them but I put the bedroom, pocket money and French lessons as false and the last one definitely as true but I can't remember the other ones 😂
I can't remover all of them but I put the bedroom, pocket money and French lessons as false and the last one definitely as true but I can't remember the other ones 😂

Was the French lessons false because they go in the day??! Please say yes
I put false for the bedroom once since the woman said: "chambre individelle", true for the pocket money, true for the last one, false for the French lessons, and false for the first one cause I winged it. I don't remember the rest
Yeah, that one was definitely false- you're right

yes I put that and the pocket money was 75 not 65 I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending