The Student Room Group

Crush out of control

I have liked a guy for a couple of years, I met him through a walking group. He has shown me interest then pulls away. He promises to turn up when we go out or to the walks then doesn't come. He is on dating websites so he is still looking for someone. It has gotten to the point now where I have anxiety attacks and struggle to breathe thinking about the situation. He added me on Facebook which I don't know why as we don't talk but he looks at my profile. I have had enough of feeling so awful about myself, it is destroying my confidence and causing me anxiety. I never had anxiety before until I met him.
If this is your biggest problem, life is treating you well
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
If this is your biggest problem, life is treating you well

That is very judgemental of you, I have had anxiety as a result which you dismiss.
Reply 3
Maybe just send him a message telling him how you feel and if he doesn't feel the same then try and ignore him, hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by kittyk16
Maybe just send him a message telling him how you feel and if he doesn't feel the same then try and ignore him, hope this helps

I sent him a message a few months ago as we got personality matched on a dating website randomly. He didn't write back put sent a generic 'wants to get to know you'. I closed the match down a week later as he had been on various social media sites in the meantime and had not written back. No one is that busy to reply.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I have liked a guy for a couple of years, I met him through a walking group. He has shown me interest then pulls away. He promises to turn up when we go out or to the walks then doesn't come. He is on dating websites so he is still looking for someone. It has gotten to the point now where I have anxiety attacks and struggle to breathe thinking about the situation. He added me on Facebook which I don't know why as we don't talk but he looks at my profile. I have had enough of feeling so awful about myself, it is destroying my confidence and causing me anxiety. I never had anxiety before until I met him.

You remind me very much of myself and the situation I've been in. If you want to PM me you can, I might be able to relate to you but I don't want to say to much without being anon.
Reply 6

Move away
Reply 7
Original post by IYGB
Move away

Move away from the area?
Reply 8
Move away from the area?

From him!
Remember anonymous: Sisters before Misters!
Think about yourself in this situation and forget what you would want out of this "potential" relationship with him. Plus he isn't showing much from his side so I don't think you should either. He's having such a big impact on you and that's not good at all.

You need to try your best to stop thinking about him. I know its so easy to say but really thats the only way you could and will get better. It will take quite a lot of time to get over him.

Good luck!

Spoiler

I think, sadly, that your crush is showing himself to be what he really is..... a jerk!! You don't deserve the way that he has treated you. He may be just too immature and doesn't really know what to do or perhaps he flirts and gets with a lot of girls. Either way, if he says he'll show up but doesn't and then when you contacted him he didn't respond, he is, at the very least, playing head games with you. DO NOT let this steal your confidence! He is ONE guy!! He may be cute and seemingly fun to be around but he is showing you his true colors and I think you should, for your own sake, move on. Since you don't really talk to him anyway I'd suggest that you begin moving on by removing him as a friend from fb. You're having anxiety issues that didn't exist before..... this is not a healthy situation for you and (I think you know) it is time to put this wannabe relationship behind you and find someone who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. Also, if it helps, don't take it personally.... I'm sure he's treated other girls just a poorly....I think it is just who he is. Good Luck.

P.S. How can you tell he's looks at your fb profile? I can never tell when anyone has looked at mine. Is there a way to find out???
Original post by Hopefully1
P.S. How can you tell he's looks at your fb profile? I can never tell when anyone has looked at mine. Is there a way to find out???

The people near the top of your friends list look at your profile the most often. I know this as most are my close friends and I don't get on their profiles that often.
Reply 13
I sent him a message a few months ago as we got personality matched on a dating website randomly. He didn't write back put sent a generic 'wants to get to know you'. I closed the match down a week later as he had been on various social media sites in the meantime and had not written back. No one is that busy to reply.

Aww trust me if he's ignoring messages and not meeting when planned then he's not worth your time and doesn't sound like a very nice person, if I were you I'd try and forget them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending