The Student Room Group

Edexcel History - Unit 3C Boom, Bust and Recovery

Scroll to see replies

How long do we spend on part A and part B would you say?
Original post by bsbnah
I'm really hoping for a question on Hoover to come up, what do you think the chances of that are?? :smile:

btw; this question for a section B "How far do you agree that america was hit by aN econmic downturn 1929-30" Is it referring to the stock market, banking, lack of regulation, unequal distribution of wealth, high tariffs, farming problems, industrial problems etc?

I'm not doing the GD so don't know how likely that will be. I would say that that is what the question is referring to.

Original post by bsbnah
thank you!! you know last years question - the one focusing in the war and the period from 45-55? what are we supposed to write for the question? it confuses me

The industrial and economic impact of WW2
Original post by hannahg2508
How long do we spend on part A and part B would you say?

50 minutes on A and 1 hour and 10 minutes on B is what I tend to do :smile:
Reply 23
what do you think will come up for part A?
I reckon it will be a fact to do with the 1920's boom and the second question on McCarthyism, what are your thoughts ?
Original post by Hann18
what do you think will come up for part A?
Reply 25
Original post by student420
I reckon it will be a fact to do with the 1920's boom and the second question on McCarthyism, what are your thoughts ?

yeah i agree something on the prosperity in the 1920's, and potentially opposition to the new deal as it hasn't come up in a while, so thats a potential! have u revised much?
I'm praying for causes of the boom and opposition to the new deal, that would be perfect
Reply 27
Original post by Hann18
yeah i agree something on the prosperity in the 1920's, and potentially opposition to the new deal as it hasn't come up in a while, so thats a potential! have u revised much?

I would love opposition and causes of the boom but i feel that would be too nice of a paper, edexcel are never that generous
Well I managed to get all my notes done, as in write them out again onto like mind maps but ive only started today going through and trying to commit them to memory. Been stuck under heavy revision for other subjects.
What about you ?
Original post by Hann18
Reply 29
Yeah that would be a nice paper! hate social and political tensions post depression, but that can up last year so praying nothing on that will appear
Original post by antigone-
I'm praying for causes of the boom and opposition to the new deal, that would be perfect

Yeah that'd be nice, Id go for causes of the boom
Reply 31
Well I managed to get all my notes done, as in write them out again onto like mind maps but ive only started today going through and trying to commit them to memory. Been stuck under heavy revision for other subjects.
What about you ?

yes same, been rewriting notes today and trying to memorise, find theres so much to learn for this area.
What grade are u aiming for?
Yeah that'd be nice, Id go for causes of the boom

Opposition to the ND is my fave question so has to be that one

Causes of the boom is nice though
Original post by bsbnah
I would love opposition and causes of the boom but i feel that would be too nice of a paper, edexcel are never that generous

they normally ask one from the beginning of the period and one from the end and considering last years was social tensions and effects of ww2, we might be in luck
they normally ask one from the beginning of the period and one from the end and considering last years was social tensions and effects of ww2, we might be in luck

Plus after social tensions they do usually go for economic boom

I guess Prohibition is still a possibility but that and opposition would be far too nice

McCarthyism is another possibility
Original post by Hann18
yes same, been rewriting notes today and trying to memorise, find theres so much to learn for this area.
What grade are u aiming for?

No denying theres a lot of content. Good thing is strong exam technique helps a lot so keeping organised and a clear argument.

I got an A last year so hoping to maintain that, yourself?
Reply 36
No denying theres a lot of content. Good thing is strong exam technique helps a lot so keeping organised and a clear argument.

I got an A last year so hoping to maintain that, yourself?

yeah same got an A last year, want to keep the A but teachers told me i didn't do as good as hoped in coursework! so need to get an A* in the exam so I'm really worried!!
I also think social tensions with immigration as the named factor as that hasn't come up since 2010. But then again I can't shake the idea it will be boom because as u said they normally do after social.

I think McCarthyism will be the second option yeah
Original post by antigone-
Plus after social tensions they do usually go for economic boom

I guess Prohibition is still a possibility but that and opposition would be far too nice

McCarthyism is another possibility
Im not sure how i did :/
Just gunna try to do as well as i can to reduce that risk.
I hope the sources are nice for the 40 tho !

Original post by Hann18
yeah same got an A last year, want to keep the A but teachers told me i didn't do as good as hoped in coursework! so need to get an A* in the exam so I'm really worried!!
I also think social tensions with immigration as the named factor as that hasn't come up since 2010. But then again I can't shake the idea it will be boom because as u said they normally do after social.

I think McCarthyism will be the second option yeah

Yeah immigration is another good option

I got an A last year but would like an A* this year. To get an A* you need 90% in this exam and 80% overall (the A* on the grade boundary doesn't actually mean you'll get an A* overall)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending