The Student Room Group

Nice places to live in Liverpool

I'm relocating to Liverpool from Scotland in a few weeks :cry2: cos i got a job in the Bootle area 🙌 however I've heard that Bootle is a very rough place to live in so it's a no-no 😕 Does anyone know of nice places close to bootle that i could stay in. I'm 22, female and moving alone so I'd really rather not have to look over my shoulder everytime i walk home from work.
Original post by damilola
I'm relocating to Liverpool from Scotland in a few weeks :cry2: cos i got a job in the Bootle area 🙌 however I've heard that Bootle is a very rough place to live in so it's a no-no 😕 Does anyone know of nice places close to bootle that i could stay in. I'm 22, female and moving alone so I'd really rather not have to look over my shoulder everytime i walk home from work.

Dingy Dingle or Tocky Toxteth :colone:

Bootle is so grim lol
Seriously op. Look into Toxteth :colone: lol I'm kidding. Ifd you want something nice try some of these places in merseyside. Try formby or crosby.

I mean bootle is in merseyside so you might have slim pickings for a nice place. There's nicer places outsider like cressington.
Reply 3
The Sefton Park area is really nice :h: (Liverpool's my home city)
Waterloo or Crosby-- I live in Crosby and it's lovely! I recommend here! Close to a train station, nice(ish) beach and a little village with plenty of things you need!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LexiMercer
Waterloo or Crosby-- I live in Crosby and it's lovely! I recommend here! Close to a train station, nice(ish) beach and a little village with plenty of things you need!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said Crosby too, where's my rep? :unimpressed:

Original post by Deyesy
The Sefton Park area is really nice :h: (Liverpool's my home city)

Isn't Crosby in sefton? :K: I've some mates in Liverpool and they say sefton has some nice areas.
Reply 6
Original post by 0to100
I said Crosby too, where's my rep? :unimpressed:

Isn't Crosby in sefton? :K: I've some mates in Liverpool and they say sefton has some nice areas.

Crosby is in the borough of Sefton but Sefton park is near Toxteth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefton_Park ^_^
Original post by Deyesy
Crosby is in the borough of Sefton but Sefton park is near Toxteth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefton_Park ^_^

Ahh well are you sure you wanna put OP near tocky? :colone:
Reply 8
Original post by 0to100
Ahh well are you sure you wanna put OP near tocky? :colone:

Sefton Park and Lark Lane are incredibly lovely places! It's just like Huyton (which is a dump) being next to Roby (which isn't a dump)
Original post by Deyesy
Sefton Park and Lark Lane are incredibly lovely places! It's just like Huyton (which is a dump) being next to Roby (which isn't a dump)

Hmm that other side of the tracks kind of thing. Just don't want her to turnaround the wrong corners. I'm kidding, let me quit scaremongering op but seriously, some places are great others are...well...lol
Reply 10
Original post by 0to100
Seriously op. Look into Toxteth :colone: lol I'm kidding. Ifd you want something nice try some of these places in merseyside. Try formby or crosby.

I mean bootle is in merseyside so you might have slim pickings for a nice place. There's nicer places outsider like cressington.

Oh I've already heard loads about Toxteth! Def not haha 😛 Will i need a car to get to work from Cressington? How far would u say it is?
Oh I've already heard loads about Toxteth! Def not haha 😛 Will i need a car to get to work from Cressington? How far would u say it is?

Yea I was joking about the Toxteth but you're too sharp for me :colone: lool

And I dunno exactly ask @Deyesy he's from, I just know of these places. And Cressington is outside of liverpool where you wanna go but I know it can't be too far. Should be like 20 mins drive? You can take a train i think.
Reply 12

Original post by 0to100
Yea I was joking about the Toxteth but you're too sharp for me :colone: lool

And I dunno exactly ask @Deyesy he's from, I just know of these places. And Cressington is outside of liverpool where you wanna go but I know it can't be too far. Should be like 20 mins drive? You can take a train i think.

Cressington to Bootle would definitely require a car :lol: But if you're talking from the city centre, you can jump on the Central train line and yeah it's probably like 15 minutes (at most) on the train?
:yes:
Reply 14
Original post by Deyesy
Cressington to Bootle would definitely require a car :lol: But if you're talking from the city centre, you can jump on the Central train line and yeah it's probably like 15 minutes (at most) on the train?

Ok that's fine, i can get a car. I'm more concerned about my safety. I take it there's nowhere close to bootle that's safe enough. .? 😟
Reply 15
What about walton, seaforth and new brighton? Are they ok?
Reply 16
Ok that's fine, i can get a car. I'm more concerned about my safety. I take it there's nowhere close to bootle that's safe enough. .? 😟

Bootle isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Even toxteth isn't 'that' bad anymore :smile:
Bootle is not that bad, you're not going to get stabbed.

I've lived in Liverpool for years, from toxteth to Sefton ect and I have never feared for my safety.

That being said childwall is a lovely area, though not particularly close to bootle.

Also you may want to consider whether you need a car. Most places in Liverpool have excellent and frequent public transport. You could save a lot of money. I can't imagine owning a car here unless I was frequently leaving the city. Such a waste of money.
(edited 7 years ago)
What about walton, seaforth and new brighton? Are they ok?

New Brighton ins't in Liverpool? Not to mention since it's by the sea housing/rent prices in the nice areas of New Brighton will likely be much more expensive than the nicer areas of Liverpool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by SophieSmall
Bootle is not that bad, you're not going to get stabbed.

I've lived in Liverpool for years, from toxteth to Sefton ect and I have never feared for my safety.

That being said childwall is a lovely area, though not particularly close to bootle.

Also you may want to consider whether you need a car. Most places in Liverpool have excellent and frequent public transport. You could save a lot of money. I can't imagine owning a car here unless I was frequently leaving the city. Such a waste of money.

Thanks SophieSmall! U're being super helpful! Once i get on a laptop i'll be able to see how far these places are to bootle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending