The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone think a 40 or 25 marker will be on back bench MPs? Just because it has come up in the past
Reply 81
Has anybody got good examples for and against a constitution
Original post by Lilymae198
Does anyone think a 40 or 25 marker will be on back bench MPs? Just because it has come up in the past

It might as the only time it came up students really struggled to answer it so id make sure you understand what it means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by mollyadtr
It might as the only time it came up students really struggled to answer it so id make sure you understand what it means

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would you write for and against ?
Original post by xxvine
What would you write for and against ?

If it's evaluate their effectiveness then yeah, but I don't think there's enough to make an argument of just one side of what MPs do with the good stuff so it's more likely to come up as an evaluate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
If it's evaluate their effectiveness then yeah, but I don't think there's enough to make an argument of just one side of what MPs do with the good stuff so it's more likely to come up as an evaluate

Posted from TSR Mobile

This question really throws me off
What kind of things do you talk about
I use the Heywood book and there isn't much on there tbh
Original post by xxvine

This is my essay plan for it but that's not all you can talk about different stuff ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465239898.788531.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
So on the whole exam paper is there Constitution, Parliament, Judges and Civil Liberites and Core Executive and that's it? And then you pick 2 to answer like with Unit 1?
Original post by xxvine

Do you reckon it could come up as front benchers instead of back benchers? Or as there are so many different positions as front benchers it would make it unlikely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abb3yyy
So on the whole exam paper is there Constitution, Parliament, Judges and Civil Liberites and Core Executive and that's it? And then you pick 2 to answer like with Unit 1?

Yep ☺️ but section one has stimulus pieces for 2 units and then the other section is a 40 mark question...learning 2 topics for unit 2 is real ****ing risky as both your topics could come up in the same section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Yep ☺️ but section one has stimulus pieces for 2 units and then the other section is a 40 mark question...learning 2 topics for unit 2 is real ****ing risky as both your topics could come up in the same section

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't
My teacher said parliament and constitution don't appear in the same section because of they are both too indepth to be in the same section

Unless they decide to change their minds suddenly then yeah but I would stil learn 3
Reply 91
Do you reckon it could come up as front benchers instead of back benchers? Or as there are so many different positions as front benchers it would make it unlikely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are hardly anybody learning unit 2 lol
The unit 1 thread was far more responsive
Original post by xxvine
They don't
My teacher said parliament and constitution don't appear in the same section because of they are both too indepth to be in the same section

Unless they decide to change their minds suddenly then yeah but I would stil learn 3

Yeah true I heard someone say the same thing, but I'm pretty sure as most people do constitution and parliament, you if do a different one youll have a better chance of getting marks easier ...like some students don't actually get taught like the judiciary or don't like the pm and cabinet so in some ways it could be to your advantage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Are hardly anybody learning unit 2 lol
The unit 1 thread was far more responsive

I don't think anyone knows this one exists 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks for clearing that up 😄 definitley going to concentrate on Constitution, Judges and Parliament.
Reply 95
I don't think anyone knows this one exists 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't want backbench MPs to come up
It's not even in my book lol
Like a dedicated section on how effective they are
I use the Heywood book
Reply 96
For parliament do we need to know parliaments relationship to gov
Original post by xxvine
For parliament do we need to know parliaments relationship to gov

Yeah pretty important :tongue: just say how Parliament scrutinises govt, how Parliament is ineffective etc
Reply 98
Original post by alevelpain
Yeah pretty important :tongue: just say how Parliament scrutinises govt, how Parliament is ineffective etc

I'm actually panicking
My book has so much missing that could be beneficial
Like now effective backbench MPs are etc....
I use the 'essentials of U.K. Politics by Andrew Heywood. I feel like there is so much missing
I hope there isn't any weird questions like in our unit 1 paper. Let's hope constitution is a 40 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest