The Student Room Group

How was the HISTORY exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Oh wow, you're one heck of a clever person! :smile:

Thank you, to be honest I have put a lot of effort into my learning since year 10 by joining this private school with people who are struggling or having same difficulties as me, I had learned where I was going wrong, I tried to develop as you know people can be lazy, I actually figured a theory about the mind, "memory is improved as more things are learned, if this learning stops, memory is lost after a short term and maybe forgotten if not focused on". <- one of my teachers had told me this, so I constantly read things to remember them more whether it be day by day, week by week or month by month I will always remember as it will help me in life afterwards. <- this makes things less harder, you can trust me on this (it works 100% whether your clever or not) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I didn't haha, my friend got picked for it though. Haha, feel sorry for her but I can't bear but laugh went she speaks it lol :tongue:
Original post by hamza772000
Same, although my second best subject is Maths.:smile:I would love to say I've got 2 but you never know what that second paper has to offer.:tongue:

True :smile:
Yupp! At least I have one A* haha :tongue:
Haha, it's really fun being able to 'accurately' predict one of your grades.:smile:
Original post by StandardBrain
Thank you, to be honest I have put a lot of effort into my learning since year 10 by joining this private school with people who are struggling or having same difficulties as me, I had learned where I was going wrong, I tried to develop as you know people can be lazy, I actually figured a theory about the mind, "memory is improved as more things are learned, if this learning stops, memory is lost after a short term and maybe forgotten if not focused on". <- one of my teachers had told me this, so I constantly read things to remember them more whether it be day by day, week by week or month by month I will always remember as it will help me in life afterwards. <- this makes things less harder, you can trust me on this (it works 100% whether your clever or not) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh wow. :biggrin:
Dw lol it's fine! No need to apologise hun:smile:
Original post by hamza772000
Haha, it's really fun being able to 'accurately' predict one of your grades.:smile:

LOOL Ikr, :smile:
@hamza772000 @StandardBrain Love you guys, sorry, but I've really got to go, ima revise for RS tomorow I'll speak to you lovely people tomorow! :biggrin:
I am in sort of a similar position as you, being with people who aren't exactly too bothered about GCSE's has had a massive impact on me.
@Tasnia'x @hamza772000 @StandardBrain Love you guys, sorry, but I've really got to go, ima revise for RS tomorow I'll speak to you lovely people tomorow! :biggrin:
Goodbye and Goodluck.:smile:
Reply 70
Hey,
Is anyone doing the wjec russia paper next tuesday? If so... do you have any good websites or links? Much appreciated!
THANKYOU
hope everyones exam went fine
Another tip, if you are doing your RS exam, please do not go off topic, look at the question, see what it is asking you to do, if you want to underline the important parts in the question, for example:

"Religious offences are the worst offences in history as it results in karma"
This statement suggests Religions should never be offended or a bad outcome will take place.
Do you agree? Explain your opinion and Religious arguments and use an historical example(s). (5 marks)

So in this question, it actually helps you how to answer this question:
-> Do you agree? = Yes or No then why you agree or disagree (never sit on the fence)
-> Religious arguments: Which Religious argument supports your idea? (explain how it does)
-> Religious arguments 2: Which Religious argument supports your idea? (explain how it does)
-> Historical example: ??? <- your choice
-> At the end if your not sure on whether your answer will get you the full marks then add another reason why you agree and another Religious argument of your choice to support your point.
(edited 7 years ago)
oh, im doing edexcel and mine was ok :smile:

Same here, I thought the questions were ok :smile:
One last tip before I go, memory can be sprung by learning acronyms instead of learning the whole definition so please learn long definitive paragraphs as one word or an acronym which in the exam will hopefully make your memory blast and for an history exam an example would be:

Treaty Of Versailles
Germany had arms and land taken off them, want to know how I remember them?
-> No SAT = SAT stands for submarines, aircrafts and tanks. <- arms
-> PARS = Polish Corridor, Anschluss, Rhineland and Saar <- Land taken off them (also Danzig)

I have to go now, revising for my english language exam for tomorrow, hope you guys enjoy your day and do well in your exams, never give up and develop your answers if you have time at the end, Revise ON!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Phew, that was so good. Our teacher made a predicted paper for Germany in Transition and question 3 was almost identical to the real thing! And I managed to finish the exam in time too! :biggrin:
Same here. I hope I get an A minimum on that paper omg.
Im still 15 guys, wish to exclude many obstacles in my was to strive to success, anyone else with the plan?
I did Germany!! I thought it went well - rushed the paper though thinking that I didn't have enough time :frown:
I think I did surprisingly okay on the 10 marker as well considering that's the one I struggle with the most. Did my essay first and it took me 25 mins when I thought it would take me 15 lol I was wrong. The propaganda poster q in q2 was the exact q that I'd practised in class so was v happy about that :smile:
Im still 15 guys, wish to exclude many obstacles in my was to strive to success, anyone else with the plan?
I'm 15 too, I feal really young.:smile:What subjects are you doing next year?
Well so far I've done 50% of the GCSE(75% if you include todays exam) and I've got full marks so far so I'm not worrying too much! A lot of pressure though since I want to take it next year..
Thanks! :biggrin: What other history exams do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending