The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophFlorence
That,s ok! That's my revision done for the night pretty much, so it's helped me a lot too! Yeah, you could. It really depends how you structure your report. You don't necessarily have to create separate paragraphs for data collection. I personally find it easier to include it within the other paragraphs!

Oh ok :smile: Haha glad it helped you too. Do you have any predictions for tomorrow ? What have you revised ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Oh ok :smile: Haha glad it helped you too. Do you have any predictions for tomorrow ? What have you revised ?

I predict a report and a review! I don't know why- just a feeling! Although, I've nevertheless revised all the writing styles (just in case)! How about you?
I predict a report and a review! I don't know why- just a feeling! Although, I've nevertheless revised all the writing styles (just in case)! How about you?

I think it might be a report too :smile: Yeh same - maybe a letter too :biggrin:
Lots of people have been saying reports and maybe letters because they occur every year ( i think )
Do you feel confident ?
I think it might be a report too :smile: Yeh same - maybe a letter too :biggrin:
Lots of people have been saying reports and maybe letters because they occur every year ( i think )
Do you feel confident ?

Yeah, could be a letter(perhaps informal!) I feel quite confident, yet not at the same time:biggrin: I think it will greatly depend on the question, and how I feel tomorrow. What will be will be! :biggrin: How are you feeling?
I recommend this for reading guys!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gy87e_9ynA
I recommend this for reading guys!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gy87e_9ynA

Holy crap. You seem extremely prepared for tomorrow. May I ask some questions? You sound more informative than my teacher! I'm still extremely confused about the report because I've NEVER EVER done one! I don't even know what they look like and even though I saw your example above, its still incredibly unclear for me. Do you have any videos you recommend or does WJEC have examples?! Also, they said its very likely a review can come up- which I'm definitely hoping for- can we write about ANYTHING or would they give us something? If that makes sense lmao. I'm really hoping to get an A or possibly an A*, which is a bit far-fetched in my case. Sorry for being annoying haha.

Thank you in advance x
Yeah, could be a letter(perhaps informal!) I feel quite confident, yet not at the same time:biggrin: I think it will greatly depend on the question, and how I feel tomorrow. What will be will be! :biggrin: How are you feeling?

I feel alright :smile: But like you said it's about the question tomorrow :smile:
Reply 547
For the last question on unit 1 (the compare one), do you do 5 comparisons?
Original post by sagelolz
Holy crap. You seem extremely prepared for tomorrow. May I ask some questions? You sound more informative than my teacher! I'm still extremely confused about the report because I've NEVER EVER done one! I don't even know what they look like and even though I saw your example above, its still incredibly unclear for me. Do you have any videos you recommend or does WJEC have examples?! Also, they said its very likely a review can come up- which I'm definitely hoping for- can we write about ANYTHING or would they give us something? If that makes sense lmao. I'm really hoping to get an A or possibly an A*, which is a bit far-fetched in my case. Sorry for being annoying haha.

Thank you in advance x

Thank you; I'm bricking it, though! :biggrin: That's OK. I'd personally recommend The English Teacher on Youtube! Here's the link to his video on writing a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisHm3KPS0w And, which seems perfect for you, it's aimed at those who want to get an A*! Hope it helps! :smile: Oh yes, a review would be lovely! Usually, they ask you to write about a book you've read, or a film/ TV programme you've watched recently. :smile:
I feel alright :smile: But like you said it's about the question tomorrow :smile:

Exactly, I hate the not-knowing! :biggrin:
Original post by bulbs
For the last question on unit 1 (the compare one), do you do 5 comparisons?

I think you can get away with four!
Thank you; I'm bricking it, though! :biggrin: That's OK. I'd personally recommend The English Teacher on Youtube! Here's the link to his video on writing a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisHm3KPS0w And, which seems perfect for you, it's aimed at those who want to get an A*! Hope it helps! :smile: Oh yes, a review would be lovely! Usually, they ask you to write about a book you've read, or a film/ TV programme you've watched recently. :smile:

For a review would they maybe ask only a film or a book ??!
For a review would they maybe ask only a film or a book ??!

That's doubtful, as not everybody reads books, and equally, not everyone necessarily watches films! I'm pretty sure WJEC has to cater for all students, so it's fair! :smile:
Reply 554
Hi all, have had a look at all the higher tier past papers for unit 2 (the writing different types of texts parts) and have found which have come up
Letters:10x From 2011-2015
Leaflets/Guides: 3x Since 2011 (last time was 2012)
Articles: 3x since 2013 (Last time was Nov 2014)
Speeches: 2x since 2013 (Came up last year)
Reviews; Once in 2014
Reports: Once in 2012

HELPFUL WEBSITE FOR LAYING THEM OUT ETC:
http://www.friaryschool.com/documents/general/Y11Revision/English/WJEC%20Writing%20Revision.pdf
Phew! It is done..

I'm not so confident on how I did on the higher reading paper but feel really good about the writing paper!

How did everyone think they did?
I was so glad that report came up on my WJEC exam paper but abit down cause I've spent an hour on one question, hopefully I'll get close to 19/40 and my reading exam was so bad, I think I will get about 10/40 :/ answered all 4 but didn't write much (2/3 paragraphs) except for comparing and contrasting. Panicked so bad so I blanked..
Does anyone know or predicted what the grade boundaries is for WJEC English Language
Original post by LivMalseed
I was so glad that report came up on my WJEC exam paper but abit down cause I've spent an hour on one question, hopefully I'll get close to 19/40 and my reading exam was so bad, I think I will get about 10/40 :/ answered all 4 but didn't write much (2/3 paragraphs) except for comparing and contrasting. Panicked so bad so I blanked..
Does anyone know or predicted what the grade boundaries is for WJEC English Language

I was glad a report came up as well! Most people seem to be disappointed it came up..

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be kind to us all..
Original post by ConorConor
I was glad a report came up as well! Most people seem to be disappointed it came up..

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be kind to us all..

Out of all 7 or 8 texts, I find the report and informal letter the easiest to do. Gutted when speech came up, I hate doing speech. Didn't get a chance to do it anyway..

Hopefully 25-30 out of 80 is a C.. Highly unlikely but I'm hoping so bad that it is haha
So apparently Peta Bee is a woman and I wrote she was a he all the way through.
Other than that it was good, didn't really finish the last question for reading paper, I did but it was rushed so I only got 4 similarities and differences, should have more time for that paper. Liked the other questions though and the writing paper.

However the local Charity, I did cancer research because it was all I could think of, will that be okay??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending