The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyadtr
For the bel marsh case the prisoners used judicial review to appeal to the court on the lines that the law parliament passed infringes on their rights stated in the echr...parliament never wants stuff like this to happen cause it limits what they can do..as all eu law succeeds uk law they have to change the law if the eu court for human rights thinks it contradicts the rights started in echr
It's similar to the factortame case with eu fisheries law contradicting our own law and the result of that was eu law won so we weren't allowed to keep our law to do with fishing in place anymore....
Did that help a little bit? I'm not doing judiciary so I'm not sure about the judges bit but I know they dedicate their lives to protecting civil rights /echr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeas thanks!! tbh it feels like judiciary is the hardest one argh
Original post by xxvine
Noooooo
Look at the things I'm missing😩

Effectiveness of parliament basically means how well does it carry out its functions....you know the functions right? Like scrutiny accountability, deliberation legitimation opposition etc?

Effectiveness of commons can link to what MPs do as well as their deliberation opposition, scrutiny of government eg questions to ministers...if you need more info I can send you stuff from the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't suppose anyone has any essay plans?
Original post by Vinidor
Yeas thanks!! tbh it feels like judiciary is the hardest one argh

It is! Even though it's the smallest unit it covers vast amounts of case law examples and all that stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is! Even though it's the smallest unit it covers vast amounts of case law examples and all that stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think doing the judiciary could be beneficial since no-one does it maybe it'll be marked nicer
Original post by sampowellwales
Don't suppose anyone has any essay plans?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465242551.166151.jpg
how effective are back bench MPs starting point!
I've got essay plans for the pm and cabinet section about power/presidential if you need them and cabinet

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelpain
I think doing the judiciary could be beneficial since no-one does it maybe it'll be marked nicer

Exactly that's one reason to do it, they might be nice and ask if civil liberties are at risk or even more so an up to date question about a bill of rights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly that's one reason to do it, they might be nice and ask if civil liberties are at risk or even more so an up to date question about a bill of rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

Civil liberties would be nice but it was asked last year so i'm not sure, I don't want to predict though after today's paper 😂
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465242551.166151.jpg
how effective are back bench MPs starting point!
I've got essay plans for the pm and cabinet section about power/presidential if you need them and cabinet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Pm and cabinet would be great too thanks!
Civil liberties would be nice but it was asked last year so i'm not sure, I don't want to predict though after today's paper 😂

The only dodgy question was that democracy one...I don't have any predictions really now that came up 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it's a question of likely it's just pot luck, but if you wanna risk it you can but learning 3 can be done. I can give you a starting point with some powerpoints? I just don't have judiciary

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fairly confident on Judiciary but need help with constitution and Parliament if you have any power points for those that'd be great! Also what kind of 5/10 markers come up?
Original post by sampowellwales
Thanks! Pm and cabinet would be great too thanks!

sorry im too lazy to shorten everything so heres my powerpoint, you dont need to read it all the titles of the slide practically act as an essay plan..hopefully its useful to you!
Original post by J.Randall
I'm fairly confident on Judiciary but need help with constitution and Parliament if you have any power points for those that'd be great! Also what kind of 5/10 markers come up?

gotcha, ive attached them :smile: and i feel like it might be something contemporary on the eu for one of them at least, if the democracy essay was about the eu then its more likely to be a shorter mark question like where has sovereignty gone? or how does eu affect sovereignty or i could be completely wrong!
sorry im too lazy to shorten everything so heres my powerpoint, you dont need to read it all the titles of the slide practically act as an essay plan..hopefully its useful to you!

do you have parliament molly?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243415.599546.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243431.902444.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243444.350283.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243461.333331.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243476.839731.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243493.644864.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243506.952411.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243521.234349.jpg

Politics review!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Hol is now more effective in checking Gov power than the Commons....apparently that hasn't come up for a while!
Original post by xxvine
do you have parliament molly?

here ya go, in case you cant find them on the thread
Original post by xxvine
The Hol is now more effective in checking Gov power than the Commons....apparently that hasn't come up for a while!

Ohhhhh that would be a nice debate question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhhhh that would be a nice debate question

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament
Original post by xxvine
i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament

Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest