The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Lets hope the entire test is on war and peace lmao..
Reply 521
Anyone do technology product design today? how did you find it?
Original post by GoNinty
So, uh, everyone excited for English Language and RE tomorrow? I can't even do this anymore...
I have six exams this week. History today, English and RE tomorrow, Geography on Wednesday and Biology + Business Studies on Friday. I don't know why CCEA hate me.
Anyway, I'm currently trying my hardest to memorize RE content, arguments for and against and Bible verses. Then I go and have a look at a past paper and.... I can't even. The questions are worded in such a way that I don't even have an idea of what knowledge I'm supposed to bring in to use. It's freaking me out.
I never did good at RE and I'm kinda (scratch that, incredibly) worried about RE. I never seem to write enough. Especially for the 10 markers. Always the 10 markers.
Any tips? Any RE aficionados? Help?

These are my predictions for the ethics paper tomorrow:
Ethics Paper
Section A
1. Capital Punishment (1 mark x5)
Bible Teaching on Capital Punishment and/or forgiveness (5)
2. Enviornment (1 mark x5) 10 Mark
3. Discrimination Predjudice- who and why?
Diversity in schools
How church can challenge discrimination
Q4. ?
Section B
5. Just War (20 Marks)
6. Marriage and Divorce (20 Marks)
7. Matters of life and death (20 Marks)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 523
Original post by GoNinty
So, uh, everyone excited for English Language and RE tomorrow? I can't even do this anymore...
I have six exams this week. History today, English and RE tomorrow, Geography on Wednesday and Biology + Business Studies on Friday. I don't know why CCEA hate me.
Anyway, I'm currently trying my hardest to memorize RE content, arguments for and against and Bible verses. Then I go and have a look at a past paper and.... I can't even. The questions are worded in such a way that I don't even have an idea of what knowledge I'm supposed to bring in to use. It's freaking me out.
I never did good at RE and I'm kinda (scratch that, incredibly) worried about RE. I never seem to write enough. Especially for the 10 markers. Always the 10 markers.
Any tips? Any RE aficionados? Help?

You have the exact same exams as me!! I feel sorry for us😭
does anyone do double award science here??
For functional writing, can we basically just write the same way we would as for personal writing?
Original post by Okdmd46
For functional writing, can we basically just write the same way we would as for personal writing?

I could be wrong but I think the aim is to promote one side of the argument and basically persuade the target audience. Then acknowledging the other side of the argument aswell.
I thought the History exam was quite easy today, the new specimen wasn't as bad as I thought it be. I wrote 13 pages all together, and was still finished with 5 mins to go :smile: (I did Weimar&Nazi Germany and Ireland up to 1949)
Does anyone have a summary revision book for ethics, given out by a teacher that they could post pictures of?
Original post by Philipstothers
I could be wrong but I think the aim is to promote one side of the argument and basically persuade the target audience. Then acknowledging the other side of the argument aswell.

I dont think it's necessary to present both sides?
Original post by Philipstothers
Does anyone have a summary revision book for ethics, given out by a teacher that they could post pictures of?

We didnt get taught re, we were given a texrbook thats it lmao
Original post by bar73
Anyone do technology product design today? how did you find it?

I did it! I didn't think it was too bad - went a lot better than the first paper. Thankfully the last question was easy enough! What did you think?
Reply 532
How did the History exam go today? :smile:
Anyone got music on Friday?? I don't honestly know how to revise for it...
Is anyone doing the geography unit 2 paper on Wednesday?
Original post by gabrielealek
does anyone do double award science here??

I do!!
Reply 536
Original post by stripedfan
I did it! I didn't think it was too bad - went a lot better than the first paper. Thankfully the last question was easy enough! What did you think?

We did paper 1 last year so I can't really remember what it was like but unit 3 was alright I though the 1st and 7th questions were quite tricky though
Reply 537
Original post by wizardry9
Anyone got music on Friday?? I don't honestly know how to revise for it...

I am but I have literally done 0 revision which is worrying as I found paper 1 really difficult
Original post by bar73
We did paper 1 last year so I can't really remember what it was like but unit 3 was alright I though the 1st and 7th questions were quite tricky though

I thought this years paper 1 was a lot harder than other years. Do you know what you got in it, if you don't mind me asking? Yeah they weren't easy but you could make a pretty good guess at them I thought
Reply 539
Original post by stripedfan
I thought this years paper 1 was a lot harder than other years. Do you know what you got in it, if you don't mind me asking? Yeah they weren't easy but you could make a pretty good guess at them I thought

I got 80/90 raw marks which changed to 69.3/80 UM and I got full marks in both CAs which will hopefully bring me up to A*

Quick Reply

Latest