The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyadtr
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243415.599546.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243431.902444.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243444.350283.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243461.333331.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243476.839731.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243493.644864.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243506.952411.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243521.234349.jpg

Politics review!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks again
Original post by xxvine
i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament

Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last 3 years has been sources question. I'd put my money on it being a 40 marker this year. Something about the need for a codified constitution/strengths of ours or post-2010 reform
Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM & Parliament were 40 markers

constitution hasn't been a 40 marker for a while tbh
Original post by alevelpain
Last 3 years has been sources question. I'd put my money on it being a 40 marker this year. Something about the need for a codified constitution/strengths of ours or post-2010 reform

what are your predictions for parliament 25 marker or PM
Original post by xxvine
what are your predictions for parliament 25 marker or PM

Effectiveness of backbench MPs, limited effectiveness of Parliament or wholly elected HoL for topic 2

Topic 3: PM power I reckon or how important is cabinet
Original post by xxvine
PM & Parliament were 40 markers

constitution hasn't been a 40 marker for a while tbh

Oh then yeah I totally bet money with you, reform might not be that bad...just have to have a lot of reforms to talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Effectiveness of backbench MPs, limited effectiveness of Parliament or wholly elected HoL for topic 2

Topic 3: PM power I reckon or how important is cabinet

im fuming

i can't believe i haven't been taught all this or it isn't in my book..like i have literally wasted a year. God help me on thursday lol

effectiveness of parliament

is that talking about the functions?
Oh then yeah I totally bet money with you, reform might not be that bad...just have to have a lot of reforms to talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile

what reform? HOL?
Original post by xxvine
im fuming

i can't believe i haven't been taught all this or it isn't in my book..like i have literally wasted a year. God help me on thursday lol

effectiveness of parliament

is that talking about the functions?

Yeah basically, how effectively it carries out its functions, although that question was recently so probably not but worth doing just in case
Yeah basically, how effectively it carries out its functions, although that question was recently so probably not but worth doing just in case

so you talk about scrutiny, legislation, selection & training of ministers etc...? i know it sounds stupid but I am almost in tears here LOL
The book that I rely on is just useless.
Original post by xxvine
what reform? HOL?

No literal any constitutional reforms like devolution, reform of the lords and commons, foi, echr, mintroduction of Supreme Court all that kinda stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you need to know about the reforms blair, brown, clegg and cameron made to parliament?
Original post by xxvine
so you talk about scrutiny, legislation, selection & training of ministers etc...? i know it sounds stupid but I am almost in tears here LOL
The book that I rely on is just useless.

For real check out the parliament PowerPoint I send you, it's got all of that in it if you're worried about it, I guarantee if you look at it you'll make yourself feel better

Posted from TSR Mobile
No literal any constitutional reforms like devolution, reform of the lords and commons, foi, echr, mintroduction of Supreme Court all that kinda stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im deffo gonna fail this

wait what is the qu we are talking about i am confused.
Original post by xxvine
Do you need to know about the reforms blair, brown, clegg and cameron made to parliament?

I don't think you need to know who introduced them before Cameron, just post 2010 it's obvious who introduced them- coalition gov and now stand alone cameron

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
im deffo gonna fail this

wait what is the qu we are talking about i am confused.

If the 40
Mark is on constitutional reforms or if they have been successes or failures.. Something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the 40
Mark is on constitutional reforms or if they have been successes or failures.. Something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh so you talk about all the reforms made post 2010

so things like fixed term parliament ?
So much to cover in such little time :frown:

I dunno if I'll be able to do well in this exam. The only topic which I at least have an idea of answering is PMs & Cabinet. The rest is confusing!
Original post by xxvine
oh so you talk about all the reforms made post 2010

so things like fixed term parliament ?

Yeah if it specifically says post 2010 reforms otherwise you can mention any reforms...look at the pictures I attached above from the politics review, it's got the evasion of post 2010 constitutional reforms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UKStudent17
So much to cover in such little time :frown:

I dunno if I'll be able to do well in this exam. The only topic which I at least have an idea of answering is PMs & Cabinet. The rest is confusing!

If ya want my powerpoints I've got for constitution and parliament to help you look back through the thread (it won't take only its on the other page) and I attached them to someone else who needed them too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending