The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys i think out out will come for paper 2 since there is a sequence if you had notice the past papers in paper 2.
Original post by 4Revan
That's a bit off
These are the official past papers from Edexcel:

Jan 16 ???
June 15 Touching the void / Climate change: the facts
Jan 15 Explorers or boys messing around
June 14 A passage to Africa / Taking on the world
Jan 14 Chinese Cinderella
June 13 Explorer's daughter
Jan 13 Guide to beach safety
June 12 Game of polo
Jan 12 Touching the void
June 11 explorers or boys messing around

So if I were to guess, this is my list of the most likely anthologies to come up:
1. Climate change webpage - Greenpeace UK (hasn't come up yet)
2. Game of polo
3. Your guide to beach safety
4. Explorer's daughter

I hope all this is correct, but they should be since I took them from the official Edexcel website (except for the 2011 one). Although I'm not sure about the 2016 January one, that might skew the prediction a little. I will try to ask my teacher whether she's got access to it.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern of repeating the texts every 7 exams ... which would mean it would be beach safety. Although I don't think they'd stick to this pattern as beach safety requires lots of coloured pages and that would cost £$€¥.
Original post by HarryScotchy
Has anyone else noticed the pattern of repeating the texts every 7 exams ... which would mean it would be beach safety. Although I don't think they'd stick to this pattern as beach safety requires lots of coloured pages and that would cost £$€¥.

That pattern could be a coincidence.

I think

Sec a: Climate change webpage, otherwise passage to Africa.
Sec B: The Necklace or Out, Out.
Original post by sulaimanali
That pattern could be a coincidence.

I think

Sec a: Climate change webpage, otherwise passage to Africa.
Sec B: The Necklace or Out, Out.

I think so too. A Guide to Beach Safety and Disabled are also possible though.
Original post by octoberrain
I think so too. A Guide to Beach Safety and Disabled are also possible though.

Disabled is good. I don't like Beach safety that much anymore. not much interesting things to say about it.
Guys it's 100% beach safety, trust me guys, I predicted the latin 8 marker on both of the papers. Thats pretty good in my books, loads of stuff to stay although its a bit boring. The Q. they will ask will be how they make it accessible / easy to read/understand.
The 10 mark next to it is usually something vaguely do do with it, maybe how you had to explain something to someone or persuade them. Could be something about how you were in a dangerous situation and what you did.
The section c's always boring, we did one as a mock about school uniform lol. I'm guessing it will be a question to do with the importance of something/someone.
Here are my predictions, lets see if any are right
They follow a pattern and that is to repeat it every 7 papers. This is for section A. What about section B? Is it the same? My prediction is out out.
Hey guys the best thing to do is just go through everything in the anthogy and lets pray that the predictions are correct...
Best of luck everyone.
I can help you with beach safety. if you want me to??
Reply 49
EDEXCEL IGCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE JUNE 2016
SECTION A- CLIMATE CHANGE WEBPAGE/YOUR GUIDE TO BEACH SAFETY
SECTION B- OUT OUT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
what came up in january 2016 from section B?
Section B might actually be refugee blues because in june 2012 veronica came up and then was followed by refugee blues. Because the january 2016 paper had veronica, refugee blues might come up. Its also highley unlikely the ones that didnt show up will show up because many students will revise for them and therefore will be easy to answer.

Tbh they might throw a curveball and put any random text for all we know.
Reply 52
Original post by darkreeper123
Section B might actually be refugee blues because in june 2012 veronica came up and then was followed by refugee blues. Because the january 2016 paper had veronica, refugee blues might come up. Its also highley unlikely the ones that didnt show up will show up because many students will revise for them and therefore will be easy to answer.

Tbh they might throw a curveball and put any random text for all we know.

Refugee blues appeared in 2R 2015 June
Original post by Talha9
Refugee blues appeared in 2R 2015 June

Are we really going to consider the R papers?
Original post by darkreeper123
Are we really going to consider the R papers?

Why wouldn't we?
Reply 55
Original post by octoberrain
Why wouldn't we?

The R papers are regional papers which would be taken in Asia, so yes you should consider them too

[Source: https://knowledgebase.edexcel.com/?p=1749]
No matter what we predict can be true because there are 2 paper 1 and 1R so anyone of them can be beach safety or can be climate change or explorers daughter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
the general discussion in circulation around our school is;
for section a, passage to africa, greenpeace webpage or explorer's daughter
for section b, out out, refugee blues or the necklace.

the necklace is the only section b piece that hasn't come up at all, so..

to be honest I don't think we can predict haha they could just throw in a completely unexpected text, just like they did for the literature paper(s).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by laurendean
the general discussion in circulation around our school is;
for section a, passage to africa, greenpeace webpage or explorer's daughter
for section b, out out, refugee blues or the necklace.

the necklace is the only section b piece that hasn't come up at all, so..

to be honest I don't think we can predict haha they could just throw in a completely unexpected text, just like they did for the literature paper(s).

Hey? which passage appeared in your paper 1 ?
In paper 1R Explorers daughter appeared !
Original post by Talha9
Hey? which passage appeared in your paper 1 ?
In paper 1R Explorers daughter appeared !

How was it? I had the same paper as yours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending