The Student Room Group

Prom?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by samm98
Yeah I'll want to look my best and I'll go in a suite but forget the flashy car I'm just going in one my my mate's standard ones.
At the end of the day it's really not that deep lol tbh I don't really care that much if people did care what I looked like, though I doubt they will, because I won't be seeing most of them again anyway 😂.
I would honestly go if I were you, think you might regret it because everyone else will be out, but it's completely up to you.

That's actually so true, like the outfit alone is a lot - then a flashy car like you after that, it's some huge occasion, its true its not that deep!

I'll think about it for a couple of days, my prom is in July, so i've got a bit of time left
Original post by tangareen
Exams are soon to be over and proms coming...

What is everyone doing for prom?

If your not going why not?
If you are that's great, have a good time.

Anyway I don't know if i should go to prom, I'm having mixed feelings.
One moment I don't want to go because I don't like certain people. But then its the last time with all these people the ones I like and those that i don't.

Is anyone feeling the same?

Like you, i was quite conflicted at first but i eventually decided to go despite not liking the majority of my year because i thought i would regret not going. Dresses and dancing aren't exactly my cup of tea either but why not just see how it is :T
My leavers assemblys already happened, but proms in July.

Ours is literally on the day of the prom (some hours before the prom)
Reply 23
Original post by bytheseasons
Like you, i was quite conflicted at first but i eventually decided to go despite not liking the majority of my year because i thought i would regret not going. Dresses and dancing aren't exactly my cup of tea either but why not just see how it is :T

I've got a bit of time to decide, my proms in July. However when you went, did you find people judging you? Or anything like that? Also did you go in an amazing car?
The thing with my year they're really competitive.
I've got a bit of time to decide, my proms in July. However when you went, did you find people judging you? Or anything like that? Also did you go in an amazing car?
The thing with my year they're really competitive.

whoops xD i should've edited that as *I'VE because my prom's just coming up at the end of June too oops
So yeah, let me clarify, i've eventually decided to go because i don't want to regret not going...

I think my school year is quite competitive too actually...they're all discussing outfits and transport with each other while i'm here completely in the dark about what dress to get haha xD

And I don't know if they'll be too judgy actually :T I mean, most of the year hardly know of my existence so idc too much (sounds sad but true lol)
Reply 25
whoops xD i should've edited that as *I'VE because my prom's just coming up at the end of June too oops
So yeah, let me clarify, i've eventually decided to go because i don't want to regret not going...

I think my school year is quite competitive too actually...they're all discussing outfits and transport with each other while i'm here completely in the dark about what dress to get haha xD

And I don't know if they'll be too judgy actually :T I mean, most of the year hardly know of my existence so idc too much (sounds sad but true lol)

AWH lol, sorry I should read properly. And I know what you mean that you don't know what dress to get, that's why i'm trying to find out if it's worth going.
I hate all this leavers stuff, why can't I just leave in peace? So over the top and I'll still be with 70% of the people because we're all going to the same sixth form so..
AWH lol, sorry I should read properly. And I know what you mean that you don't know what dress to get, that's why i'm trying to find out if it's worth going.

no worries haha :wink: hmm well hopefully we both find some dresses soon
i'm sure if you do decide to end up going, you'll look lovely x :biggrin:
Original post by romansholiday
I hate all this leavers stuff, why can't I just leave in peace? So over the top and I'll still be with 70% of the people because we're all going to the same sixth form so..

omg i feel you :biggrin: so many people signed shirts and stuff too whEN WE ARE ALL GOING TO REUNITE NEXT YEAR SMH XD
Maybe if the people in my year were nicer and more accepting of other peoples' individuality (anyone who doesn't carry a Nike or Adidas bag is literally considered to be a freak at my school), I might have considered going along to my school's prom, yet I don't regret my decision to not go. If conforming requires spending hundreds of pounds on outfits that will probably only be worn once, I would rather avoid it... Besides, why does prom have to be the only way of celebrating your achievements?
Original post by CharmingCat
Maybe if the people in my year were nicer and more accepting of other peoples' individuality (anyone who doesn't carry a Nike or Adidas bag is literally considered to be a freak at my school), I might have considered going along to my school's prom, yet I don't regret my decision to not go. If conforming requires spending hundreds of pounds on outfits that will probably only be worn once, I would rather avoid it... Besides, why does prom have to be the only way of celebrating your achievements?

this actually gave me a whole new perspective on things...i am once again extremely conflicted :T
Reply 31
Original post by UnoriginalBen
I hate parties. Still going though, mainly because I've already bought the £20 ticket.

Lucky, mine is £30 :s-smilie:
I hate parties. Still going though, mainly because I've already bought the £20 ticket.

ours is £25 :redface:
omg i feel you :biggrin: so many people signed shirts and stuff too whEN WE ARE ALL GOING TO REUNITE NEXT YEAR SMH XD

ikr smh, all this leavers bs gives me anxiety :biggrin:
After-prom parties are where's it at
Reply 35
Really? And I thought £20 was too much for a prom ticket, unlucky.

On top of that getting professional pictures at the venue cost money too ... It all adds up to a higher total cost :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I did not go prom either. Did anyone stay at their same school?
My college is a secondary school and also a sixth form so I basically just stayed at my college could not be bothered for new school, new people, new teachers. Although sometimes change can be a good thing but everything happens for a reason.
Original post by B3ASTy
Ours is literally on the day of the prom (some hours before the prom)

Our leavers assembly is a few hours before prom too!:smile:
Been invited to the girl I'm seeing's prom - gonna be weird not knowing anyone haha but we'll have to see :smile:
lmao we didn't even have one in the end - it was called off

Quick Reply

Latest