The Student Room Group

Thinking of going vegan. Advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Im assuming you're talking about lions and animals that hunt their own prey, thats because they are carnivores and they do that to survive. Humans have so many different sources of food that to live we don't need meat, they do. Humans kill billions of animals for no reason. Also these animals hunt, humans go to the shop and buy it? I doubt many humans would go out a kill a pig with their bare hands and eat it alive, no they wouldn't. Lions do that. You can't take one thing wild animals do and say oh we can do it because they do it? Are you going to walk around on all fours, no I don't think so. And maybe not but at least she's not contributing to their pain.

Pigs eat meat too, so do fish, Chickens eat insects. They're all omnivores who don't need meat but they still eat it. Also we walked on all fours as a baby, so thats not the best example.
DO NOT GO VEGAN
I'm a vegetarian (never tried meat) and have to take occasional supplements to ensure that I am getting enough protein etc. With veganism you get nothing. You need some animal products. Also alternatives e.g. soya milk have no where near the required amount of nutrients- it was in a BBC program a few days ago. It's already hard enough for me as a vegetarian finding places to eat. Being vegan it's very very difficult. I can only think of one restaurant that serves prior vegan food

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyle1198
Pigs eat meat too, so do fish, Chickens eat insects. They're all omnivores who don't need meat but they still eat it. Also we walked on all fours as a baby, so thats not the best example.

Pigs eat what they are fed because they are hungry They are meant to eat vegetables and fruits, etc. Chickens may eat insects but thats not meat, they eat worms, would you want to eat worms? I doubt it. These animals see things and they eat it. In your own words its not the 'best example' comparing humans to chickens and pigs and fish because shocker were not. Were meant to be civilised. Also humans kill billions of animals a year keeping them in the most awful conditions anyone could imagine, they are abused and tortured and have awful lives for no reason. We are meant to be intelligent and moral and understand that its unfair. And if you don't like my argument of on all fours then would you walk around naked all the time? Would you smell people butts when you greet them? Would you lick yourself clean? No I don't think so.
Humans ignore the horror that is the reality of where their food comes from. Many people were angry that the gorilla was shot, I am sure you heard about it the one that was in the cage that the child fell into. Well many people were angry and wanted the parents to pay for it, and how unfair it was but they ignore the fact that because of them billions of innocent animals die.
Original post by TheDescendant
DO NOT GO VEGAN
I'm a vegetarian (never tried meat) and have to take occasional supplements to ensure that I am getting enough protein etc. With veganism you get nothing. You need some animal products. Also alternatives e.g. soya milk have no where near the required amount of nutrients- it was in a BBC program a few days ago. It's already hard enough for me as a vegetarian finding places to eat. Being vegan it's very very difficult. I can only think of one restaurant that serves prior vegan food

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been vegan for ages and I am in great health and have never felt healthier since I went vegan. Also I doubt that BBC programme told you that milk has bacteria, and pus in it, they twist the truth.
Pigs eat what they are fed because they are hungry They are meant to eat vegetables and fruits, etc. Chickens may eat insects but thats not meat, they eat worms, would you want to eat worms? I doubt it. These animals see things and they eat it. In your own words its not the 'best example' comparing humans to chickens and pigs and fish because shocker were not. Were meant to be civilised. Also humans kill billions of animals a year keeping them in the most awful conditions anyone could imagine, they are abused and tortured and have awful lives for no reason. We are meant to be intelligent and moral and understand that its unfair. And if you don't like my argument of on all fours then would you walk around naked all the time? Would you smell people butts when you greet them? Would you lick yourself clean? No I don't think so.
Humans ignore the horror that is the reality of where their food comes from. Many people were angry that the gorilla was shot, I am sure you heard about it the one that was in the cage that the child fell into. Well many people were angry and wanted the parents to pay for it, and how unfair it was but they ignore the fact that because of them billions of innocent animals die.

We eat snails, and insects are still living things, so arguably you could still classify them as 'meat'. Lol and humans clearly aren't civilised or moral, have you read a history textbook lately? Also the meat we eat is selectively bred, especially cattle, so they are bred to be eaten by us.

Having said that, I can see that it's illogical to kill animals for no reason, and there probably are undiscovered vegan alternatives that meet every nutritional need, but your little veganism habit isn't going to save the world, because there are people around the world who don't give a ****. But no seriously, I can see what you're saying, and change can happen slowly, but some people like me cba.
(edited 7 years ago)
Rape rack is the industry term, or nickname for, the device used to artificially inseminate female cows so that they become pregnant and can eventually produce milk for human consumption. Its horrible and painful for the cows but thats how we get milk quicker. This happens to female cows over and over until they are to weak to have a baby and then are sent to the slaughter house. It would take to long for them to wait for a male cow to naturally impregnate a female cow, and also there usually are no male cows because they get killed as babies and are sent to the slaughter house for veal.

Oh well that's still not as bad as what I thought you meant which was animals getting raped by humans
Don't do it!
Original post by Kyle1198
We eat snails, and insects are still living things, so arguably you could still classify them as 'meat'. Lol and humans clearly aren't civilised or moral, have you read a history textbook lately? Also the meat we eat is selectively bred, especially cattle, so they are bred to be eaten by us.

Having said that, I can see that it's illogical to kill animals for no reason, and there probably are undiscovered vegan alternatives that meet every nutritional need, but your little veganism habit isn't going to save the world, because there are people around the world who don't give a ****. But no seriously, I can see what you're saying, and change can happen slowly, but some people like me cba.

That was the past, but humans are moving forward to being more moral. My 'little veganism habit' won't change the world alone but more and more people are going vegan, some have predicted the majority of the world will be vegan by 2050 because the truth is getting out that its the best way to live. And if vegans keep spreading the truth then other will come to the realisation. Also I am aware some people are ignorant and selfish and don't care about this issue but a lot of people will if they are exposed to the truth and thats all vegans want to do. They want to help the planet, animals and humans. And hopefully the change will happen, it might be slow like you said, but I think it will happen. thanks for seeing what I am saying.
Whattt? Vegetarianism really shouldn't be hard for you; you can have basically the exact same meals as before just without the meat and the addition of some protein-rich grains- try cooking with quinoa and freekeh. And pasta- lots of pasta! :smile: If you have moments of weakness remember the reasons you're doing it, to keep you motivated.
canine vs human.png Oh yes such sharp teeth? try harder, your argument failed.

I never said humans have fangs, and the person in that picture has sharp k9s like the rest of us... This is all a vegan needs in terms of teeth, can I punch out your top row plz seeing as you don't need em?

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Oh well that's still not as bad as what I thought you meant which was animals getting raped by humans

It still causes them a lot of pain often they cry out because of how bad it is. Also some farm animals are raped by humans too, usually pigs because people who work in factory farms are sick and should be in jail rotting away.
[video="youtube;Yxs_mTRjLAU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs_mTRjLAU[/video]

Best video ever made
Can you help?
Original post by TheDescendant
DO NOT GO VEGAN

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw that programme! Thought it was interesting that those on a balanced diet which included meat and some sugary snacks were revealed to be healthier than those on the detox diet. It was one of the factors convincing me to stay away from veganism (I'm vegetarian though). Anyone seeing this that missed the programme, and is considering becoming vegan, I'd recommend watching it
Humans have sharp teeth for a reason... Veganism is for deer and cows

You're kidding, right?

Try biting through the flesh of a cow using your teeth alone and come back saying they're sharp
I never said humans have fangs, and the person in that picture has sharp k9s like the rest of us... This is all a vegan needs in terms of teeth, can I punch out your top row plz seeing as you don't need em?

But you're argument is what? Humans don't need meat and human teeth cannot rip animals apart like a carnivore or omnivore such as a tiger? Our teeth are more similar to the picture you have shown then the carnivore one or a omnivores teeth such as a tiger? You have just proved my point that humans don't have sharp teeth, humans have teeth closer to the image you put. Humans don't need meat to survive/
Done that a million times, homie
But you're argument is what? Humans don't need meat and human teeth cannot rip animals apart like a carnivore or omnivore such as a tiger? Our teeth are more similar to the picture you have shown then the carnivore one or a omnivores teeth such as a tiger? You have just proved my point that humans don't have sharp teeth, humans have teeth closer to the image you put. Humans don't need meat to survive/

Humans need animal protein though, the only people that can be OK without it are the ones that do ZERO exercise whatsoever, you know what hair, skin, teeth and muscles are made out of? It's called amino acids and animal meat is the best source of amino acid so shut your mouth
Humans need animal protein though, the only people that can be OK without it are the ones that do ZERO exercise whatsoever, you know what hair, skin, teeth and muscles are made out of? It's called amino acids and animal meat is the best source of amino acid so shut your mouth

Google Vegan bodybuilders mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
My advise is to not reach your final form too quickly (DBZ reference for those that don't know).

Quick Reply

Latest