The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else do Mao's China as depth study. I swear I must be at the only school in the country to do China!
For the last question I wrote that the Camp David Summit and the Geneva Conference were at different dates.. I also wrote that Kennedy was present at both when he wasn't :angry:
Original post by louisemayorx
Yes, I talked about all four! My paragraph for that one was about three quarters of a page long, whoops! But I hope your exam went well, overall it was okay :biggrin:

Wait, "all four" what? Is this about the Vienna Summit, I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was I wrong to use the Vienna Summit as a point in Q6?? Also, did anyone write about "openness" in one of the sources (Q3) linking it to Glasnost??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys for the last question I've ****ed up! I wrote a whole paragraph about the Berlin blockade and stuff however the two points it gave me I discussed in excellent detail and everything. I did interlinks and comparison and significance. Will this effect me much I'm predicted an A*
Original post by alicerose.j
Wait, "all four" what? Is this about the Vienna Summit, I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about the four key summits of the Berlin Crisis after Kruschev issued the ultimatum - Geneva, Camp David and Paris (Eisenhower) and then Vienna (Kennedy)! I don't think Geneva was even a summit but that was what I remembered from my revision notes and wrote down, so I cannot change it now! I mainly focused on Paris and Vienna, with the plane incident as well as Kennedy coming to power.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForeverFrench
Guys for the last question I've ****ed up! I wrote a whole paragraph about the Berlin blockade and stuff however the two points it gave me I discussed in excellent detail and everything. I did interlinks and comparison and significance. Will this effect me much I'm predicted an A*

Yes it will, it will probably prevent you reaching the top band as you did not follow the question properly.
Original post by alicerose.j
Was I wrong to use the Vienna Summit as a point in Q6?? Also, did anyone write about "openness" in one of the sources (Q3) linking it to Glasnost??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i did that, and this made what he was saying reliable as he was speaking the truth, and even though it was a speech, he was not biased within it.
Original post by Jak123
Yes it will, it will probably prevent you reaching the top band as you did not follow the question properly.

Oh not to worry it won't effect me that much it's only one question
Original post by Lewismioc
Hi, studied this unit last year, and just out of interest, what were the questions??? :biggrin:

Extract question about Nagy
Outline 2 steps krushchev took to stop the Hungarian uprising
Compare 2 sources about gorbachev's changing attitude in 'second cold war' (did anyone else think the Reagan one was sort of irrelevant to the question?)
Choose either formation of Warsaw Pact or reforms of Prague spring
The four events where you choose 3 were Marshall plan, carter doctrine, Helsinki conference and I can't remember the other one
Last question was about Berlin being a flashpoint in the years 1958 to 1960something.
My class had legit only seen 2 Cold War exam papers before the actual one (I know the spec changed, but still) so I think I did ok considering.
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
Extract question about Nagy
Outline 2 steps krushchev took to stop the Hungarian uprising
Compare 2 sources about gorbachev's changing attitude in 'second cold war' (did anyone else think the Reagan one was sort of irrelevant to the question?)
Choose either formation of Warsaw Pact or reforms of Prague spring
The four events where you choose 3 were Marshall plan, carter doctrine, Helsinki conference and I can't remember the other one
Last question was about Berlin being a flashpoint in the years 1958 to 1960something.
My class had legit only seen 2 Cold War exam papers before the actual one (I know the spec changed, but still) so I think I did ok considering.

Thank you! I know yeah, we had to use the specimen paper and the teacher made exam questions from the old spec for us.
Reply 251
Original post by Lewismioc
Thank you! I know yeah, we had to use the specimen paper and the teacher made exam questions from the old spec for us.

the other event was Potsdam

and it was to 1963
Reply 252
Original post by WaeAM
Can I ask what mark did you get for your C/A out of 50?

Sorry but i can't remember off of the top of my head, i would have to ask again :smile:
In my Vietnam CA i got a B! Britian and Germany paper i always get a B with like 2-3 marks off an A! Cold war is the exam i always flop in! i found this cold war paper easy to be fair
...:frown:
I remember this...I got a D in the cold war paper. xD B and then C (?) in the other two papers. But overall I got a B, due to my coursework pulling me up (I got 2 off of full marks in coursework) Was disappointing since I was predicted an A* but didn't revise at all due to falling into a state of depression during last year's exam period. ._.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending