The Student Room Group

What headphones do people on TSR use?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacarch12
Yeah they're very good headphones, if you want a more full low end why just not use a proper EQ? I have to get rid of the lows on my headphones, as soon as I buy another pair it will be a much more educated purchase : ) Thanks for the reply man : )

Yea I do fix them a bit with the EQ, but I think my wording was a little off when describing their characteristic. "Filled out" is really referencing the volume, which as you are right can be quickly fixed with an EQ. But really the issue is with the way the bass is portrayed and translated by the headphones, the bass isn't really tangible. It feels like its suspended too far out from the listener, Admittedly this is a characteristic that is hard to avoid with a sound stage as large as the akg 702's.

Hopefully this clears things up, sorry about my poor wording. I was trying to keep it short because headphones are almost as bad as politics, once you start talking about the subject you can talk forever.
Reply 21
I picked up a pair of Sennhieser HD650s on sale last week and paired it with my Little dot mkII tube amp, so far I'm loving it. I also have a pair of m50xs which I use when I'm out or traveling and so cant take an amp with me, there is also a ton of sound leakage on the HD650s as they're open back so not great for public places :/.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Klogg
I picked up a pair of Sennhieser HD650s on sale last week and paired it with my Little dot mkII tube amp, so far I'm loving it. I also have a pair of m50xs which I use when I'm out or traveling and so cant take an amp with me, there is also a ton of sound leakage on the HD650s as they're open back so not great for public places :/.

good taste in headphones bruv
Reply 23
Ive used Apple EarPods since I got my first iPhone and I love them because they're so comfy
Original post by AfcFob
Ive used Apple EarPods since I got my first iPhone and I love them because they're so comfy

ATH M50's are supreme comfy
Can anyone recommend some good quality earphones with good bass and minimal sound leakage?
The apple ones are pure trash. The sound leakage is ridiculous.
Reply 26
Original post by Waifuism

I don't really go for over ear because they always seem to hurt since part of my ear sticks out a little BUT I do own a pair of WESC's which are super comfy too and great for travelling (and they were free so win win!!)
For a decent wireless pair, Bose released the QC35s this week that are truly amazing and noise cancelling!
Original post by BirdIsWord
Can anyone recommend some good quality earphones with good bass and minimal sound leakage?
The apple ones are pure trash. The sound leakage is ridiculous.

Dr dre beats?
NK s50 heavy base?
2 cans of beans and some string. 2016 edition with blue string.
Reply 31
£10 worth from Amazon
Some cheap crappy bluetooth on ear headphones

Really want to get the ATHM40X :love:

Original post by Waifuism

How good are they?:teeth:
Reply 33
Bose Soundtrue Ultras, around £120. Use with my IPhone 6s Plus, IPad, MacBook and Windows work PC,

Don't think I could find better in ears for the price to be honest.
I just use the Konami laser scope when I'm not gaming on my Nintendo

Original post by somemightsay888
Shure SE215's nothing beats them for under a hundred..

Gonna let you in on a secret.

I have the SE215 (got them for £45). Before those I had the JVC HAFX1X which cost like a quarter of the price (£8-12). I heard literally no difference in sound quality between the two.

The only difference between is that the HAFX1X leak sound quite a bit, so you cant turn them up to max volume without everyone around you on the tube also getting an earful of death metal too (:lol:), but small price to pay for the c.£35 saving.

JVC's Xtreme Xplosives are a top quality range of earphones. Mid range & treble are decent, and the bass is quite literally some of the best bass you will ever hear in earphones. Which is phenomenal given they cost £10 on average.

Only problem I have is finding a pair of earphones where the cable lasts longer than 6 months (even the Se215 cable wore out in like 4 months. Now can only hear sound in one ear :/)
(edited 7 years ago)
I mostly use JAYS but I also have a couple of pairs of Beats that I use sometimes but I hate them - very uncomfortable on the ears.
The ones that came free with my iPhone :redface:
Reply 38
Audio Technika. :smile:

These Sony Super Bass things or Apple Earpods. But usually the Sony ones :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending