The Student Room Group

is taraweeh 20 or 8 bruv

some people say you have to do 20, others say we can do 8, what am I meant to go with??

Scroll to see replies

i do 8..ive always done 8, even my local mosque does iti think you should check ur mosque tho
Original post by mariam687
i do 8..ive always done 8, even my local mosque does iti think you should check ur mosque tho

yeah because aren't we allowed to do 8 if we have like exams and stuff or is that bs
Bruv it depends on the mosque.

Some man wanna long it out and have 20 minutes rakats and get it finished at 8 rakats.

Where as others have shorter rakats and more breaks in between so it takes it to 20.

I find people who do 8 are longggg.

However there are people who leave at 8 during a 20 rakat taraweeh. I despise them people... can't even have 30 mins of mosque they run along home..
Bruv...
Oh God what has happened to the English Langauge...
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
Bruv...

It's not that deep b.
Original post by subwayislife
some people say you have to do 20, others say we can do 8, what am I meant to go with??

yh i think tht is bs, u either do 8 or 20 depending on ur mosque init?
Reply 8
Original post by Federerr
Bruv it depends on the mosque.

Some man wanna long it out and have 20 minutes rakats and get it finished at 8 rakats.

Where as others have shorter rakats and more breaks in between so it takes it to 20.

I find people who do 8 are longggg.

However there are people who leave at 8 during a 20 rakat taraweeh. I despise them people... can't even have 30 mins of mosque they run along home..

I didn't actually know some mosques do 20. The mosque I go to does 8 and finishes in about an hour.
Go with your gut instinct.
Original post by manz too fine
Go with your gut instinct.

loving the name bro
It doesn't matter so much because there is no clear and defined number to pray, so you can do either, but you get the most reward if you pray behind the imam of your masjid and stay till he finishes irregardless of the number of rakaat, be it 8 or 20.
You guys???

Mosque does 20 but people can leave when they want so people just do 8 while others stay and do thebwhole 20
Original post by subwayislife
New question- are we allowed to use toothpaste or nah

Yes, we are.. just dont swallow it
the minimum requirement is 8.
you can do more if you want, max 20.
after that it's just nufl.

Original post by SuperHuman98
Yes, we are.. just dont swallow it
what I was told you're not but I guess it's just difference of opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't believe in 8 from the Hanafi perspective.
Reply 16
taraweeh isnt even a must, its optional, although majority of people do actually do it because you get reward ofc. You can do however much you want. Some people leave at 8, some people leave at 20. The more the better i guess but its not a strict must to perform.
Reply 17
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
Bruv...

:biggrin:
Reply 18
it doesnt matter how many you do, my local mosque does 8 but thats bc theyre quite long and get through a juzz in 8 . other mosques do 20 bc the prayers are quite short.
So even for females its the same thing as males?

I know that the actual prayer is different for females. But how many? 8 or 20? :hmmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending