The Student Room Group

Aqa accounting unit 3 and 4 June 2016

With the accounting exams coming up I have not seen a thread for this year's exam. Wondered if you guys are ready and what you think will be in the exams / what you're revising.

Scroll to see replies

Havent got a clue what might come up. Hoping for a pay-back question as they are relatively easy and carry a bunch of marks !

Currently revising variance analysis, not a fan of the worded questions in the topic :frown:

Feeling fairly confident :redface:
Reply 2
UNit 3 is actually calm, but I dont get Cash Flow Statements atm
Reply 3
AQA A2 Accounting student unit 3 or 4 guide book by Ian Harrison
Is the book actually helpful?
Is it worth buying?
Find accn4 harder than accn3, cash flows and budgets are my weakest areas :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by sana_97
AQA A2 Accounting student unit 3 or 4 guide book by Ian Harrison
Is the book actually helpful?
Is it worth buying?

oh shii don't even have that book, tell us if it's good then xD
Reply 6
plzz guyss i hav doubts can u help me with accountng A2
Reply 7
I got an A in accounting last year but this unit 3 cash flow statement.. I cannot remember the layout for the life of me!
guys what do you think will come up any predictions ???
Original post by uysalbaris
guys what do you think will come up any predictions ???

Im thinking cash flows, a balance and income incomplete record and a long ias or source of finance question. I think im reqdy but not for the IAS.
Original post by MLGBattlefield
Im thinking cash flows, a balance and income incomplete record and a long ias or source of finance question. I think im reqdy but not for the IAS.

I hope not a big marks incomplete record... how can they ask in ıas tho ?
Original post by uysalbaris
I hope not a big marks incomplete record... how can they ask in ıas tho ?

I thinl it will be a question on something we have to complete like a cash flow statment and then have to talk about the ias we use and how ect
Reply 12
Published accounts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
any more predictions for unit 3?
Reply 14
Original post by MLGBattlefield
I thinl it will be a question on something we have to complete like a cash flow statment and then have to talk about the ias we use and how ect

Maybe a small part of cash flow statement might come up as the full cash flow statement was asked to prepare last year :smile:
For unit 3 I think the big topic will be statement or non current assets, incomplete record and cash flow
Reply 16
schedule of non current assets, IAS
We have a whatsapp chat dedicated to A2 Accounting, if you want to join message me your numbers :smile:
I think there might be a dissolution question for partnerships? That hasn't come up in a while. Same for Schedule of NCA and perhaps IAS and stock valuation.
My predictions.

Task-1 partnership capital account including g&m method
Task-2 complicated incomplete records
Task-3 extract of cash flow probably worth 8-9 marks and a qualitative question based on contingent assets and liabilities.
Task-4 schedule of non current asset
+ 80% possibility their will be question on inventory either qualitative or quantitative if qualitative then it could be either that advice the most appropriate form of inventory method where we will have to talk about avco and fifo adv and dis for both of them.

I had an A last year not bragging just saying I have done research and I may well be wrong so follow your own instincts or just learn the whole spec properly so if aqa messes up u will still be ready to smash it :d
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest