The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Who's firmed University of Southampton for 2016!

Hi guys, I know there is already a similar post about whose applied to Southampton but I think it would be nice to see who has firmed it. I'm going to follow a similar form to the other post and use a template.
Name: Emily
Course: Computer Science
Insurance Choice: University of Surrey
Interests: films, theme parks and youtube

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!!
Name: Sarah
Course: Computer Science as well
Interests: films, tennis and travels
See you soon!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by emilytori
Hi guys, I know there is already a similar post about whose applied to Southampton but I think it would be nice to see who has firmed it. I'm going to follow a similar form to the other post and use a template.
Name: Emily
Course: Computer Science
Interests: films, theme parks and youtube

:smile:

http://peppapigworld.co.uk/
????
Reply 3
Original post by Sari7ta
Hey!!
Name: Sarah
Course: Computer Science as well
Interests: films, tennis and travels
See you soon!

Hope to see you soon then! How are your exams going? :smile:
Firmed Southampton for the social sciences! Literally cannot wait! :biggrin:

Name: Serena
Course: Bsc Sociology
Interests: Mini Coopers, Maroon 5, Costa, Cats, Social Sciences, Red Wine, Anything outdoors
Hello!!

Another computer science applicant here!
Name: Emma
Insurance: Sheffield
Interests: baking, outdoorsy stuff, the usual sports/music/etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyy!
Name: Becca
Course: Music
Insurance Choice: Derby
Interests: Music, gaming and reading
Reply 7
Original post by SerenaHayes
Firmed Southampton for the social sciences! Literally cannot wait! :biggrin:

Name: Serena
Course: Bsc Sociology
Interests: Mini Coopers, Maroon 5, Costa, Cats, Social Sciences, Red Wine, Anything outdoors

I can definitely agree with the red wine! Have you already done your ALevels or are you doing them this year? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by somegirlcalledea
Hello!!

Another computer science applicant here!
Name: Emma
Insurance: Sheffield
Interests: baking, outdoorsy stuff, the usual sports/music/etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! It's so nice to see that there are quite a few girls on the course, on most of my open days there were about 5 girls and most of them weren't planning on firming southampton! How are your exams going?
Reply 9
Original post by MusicGamer
Heyy!
Name: Becca
Course: Music
Insurance Choice: Derby
Interests: Music, gaming and reading

You're a late birthday as well! Do you hate not being able to go out with friends as much as I do? Derbys quite a way away! (i think). How are your exams going?
You're a late birthday as well! Do you hate not being able to go out with friends as much as I do? Derbys quite a way away! (i think). How are your exams going?

Yeah, it really sucks! I miss like, all my friends birthdays as they go out :frown:
Yeah it's pretty far, like a 4 hour drive from Southampton (or something like that anyway XD)

So far exams have been pretty good (although I've only had one XD), how are your going? What grades do you need to get your offer?
Yay! It's so nice to see that there are quite a few girls on the course, on most of my open days there were about 5 girls and most of them weren't planning on firming southampton! How are your exams going?

I was surpised when I saw you guys were doing computer science haha! All the open days I've been to have only had three or four of us!! They haven't been too bad so far but 8 left so plenty of time for it to go downhill :s-smilie: What about yours, have you got many left?
Reply 12
Yeah, it really sucks! I miss like, all my friends birthdays as they go out :frown:
Yeah it's pretty far, like a 4 hour drive from Southampton (or something like that anyway XD)

So far exams have been pretty good (although I've only had one XD), how are your going? What grades do you need to get your offer?

It sucks doesn't it! Do you have long to wait until your 18? I've done one exam which was a retake and have 7 left, the first one went alright but then again it was AS. Dreading my maths exams as apparently so far all the maths exams have been super hard this year 😭 I need AAA 😓 What about you?
Reply 13
Original post by somegirlcalledea
I was surpised when I saw you guys were doing computer science haha! All the open days I've been to have only had three or four of us!! They haven't been too bad so far but 8 left so plenty of time for it to go downhill :s-smilie: What about yours, have you got many left?

Haha, I was a bit worried in case no other girls had formed Southampton! I've had one so far which was a retake and I have 7 left, dreading them 😁 Have you applied for accommodation yet?
Hi

Name: Taj
Course: Chemistry BSc
Interests: sport, photography, fitness, CSGO

I have no insurance as my offer is unconditional (deffered entry after I got in through clearing last year, decided to resit some exams this year).

Where has everyone applied for accommodation? My first choice was Mayflower. Got an email the other day, students with unconditional offers will be given accommodation offers after 13th June :biggrin:
It sucks doesn't it! Do you have long to wait until your 18? I've done one exam which was a retake and have 7 left, the first one went alright but then again it was AS. Dreading my maths exams as apparently so far all the maths exams have been super hard this year 😭 I need AAA 😓 What about you?

Not long now, thankfully! Just under a month :smile: At least everyone I know will already be 18 XD

I dunno what exam board you do, but a lot of my friends who did maths retakes said they were actually alright so there's hope!

I need ABB and Grade 8 Piano, but if I pass my Grade 8 Theory (which hopefully I will) my offer gets lowered to BBB which would be nice :smile:
Apart from maths, what other subjects are you doing?
I insured Southampton :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by TajwarC
Hi

Name: Taj
Course: Chemistry BSc
Interests: sport, photography, fitness, CSGO

I have no insurance as my offer is unconditional (deffered entry after I got in through clearing last year, decided to resit some exams this year).

Where has everyone applied for accommodation? My first choice was Mayflower. Got an email the other day, students with unconditional offers will be given accommodation offers after 13th June :biggrin:

I'm so jealous of your unconditional!!! That's so exciting that you know your definitely going and that you'll find out where you staying as well! I applied for glen eyre and Wessex halls for mine :smile:
Reply 18
Not long now, thankfully! Just under a month :smile: At least everyone I know will already be 18 XD

I dunno what exam board you do, but a lot of my friends who did maths retakes said they were actually alright so there's hope!

I need ABB and Grade 8 Piano, but if I pass my Grade 8 Theory (which hopefully I will) my offer gets lowered to BBB which would be nice :smile:
Apart from maths, what other subjects are you doing?

I'm OCR, hopefully they'll be good!!
Hopefully you get that then!
I'm doing biology and chemistry so completely unrelated and unessesarily hard 😭 I'm not looking forward to these exams, in fact I can feel my dream of getting into Southampton slipping out my hands the more time passes 😞
Reply 19
Original post by ivybridge
I insured Southampton :smile:

Cool :smile: what subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending