The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
tbh i cant imagine the grade boundaries changing drastically because they don't seem to alter that much despite the fact the the papers are seemingly getting harder year on year
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 221
Those who did the disputes essay what points did u get for how to make the family live more harmonieuseee?
I felt like i rambled on about how communication is key but i didnt know what else to put?
Original post by j2555
tbh i cant imagine the grade boundaries changing drastically because they don't seem to alter that much despite the fact the the papers are seemingly getting harder year on year

Yah I agree, some suggested that the grade boundary would be 80-83 and that sounds amazing but it has never been that low I think? :frown:
Original post by Susi3b
Those who did the disputes essay what points did u get for how to make the family live more harmonieuseee?
I felt like i rambled on about how communication is key but i didnt know what else to put?

I wrote about communication, you must sit together at meal times, you must make rules you all agree on and share the house work?
Reply 224
Original post by Johaszczyn
I wrote about communication, you must sit together at meal times, you must make rules you all agree on and share the house work?

Ohhhokay thanks! How much did u end up writing? I was finishing off my last sentence right at the end of it so didnt manage to check through ughhh
Original post by Susi3b
Ohhhokay thanks! How much did u end up writing? I was finishing off my last sentence right at the end of it so didnt manage to check through ughhh

About 5 pages you? And yeah I was rushing and couldn't check too 🙄 Oh well it's over now I guess?
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
Did anyone get no ND on the true false one??? I didn't get any and now other people in my class said they got 2!!!
For the listening on holidays
1) vacations verts
2) sports d'hiver
3) peur de l'avion
4) i dont remember
5) moins de gaspillage
Original post by LanguageLover234
Did anyone get no ND on the true false one??? I didn't get any and now other people in my class said they got 2!!!

I got 2
Original post by samoo311
For the listening on holidays
1) vacations verts
2) sports d'hiver
3) peur de l'avion
4) i dont remember
5) moins de gaspillage

Wasn't question 4 about a restaurant?
Does anyone have a rough idea of how many marks each question from reading and grammar section were out of? I feel like they changed up the goal marks per question but maybe I am wrong
X
Original post by Cristianooo
Wasn't question 4 about a restaurant?

yeahhhh that's what i got
I completely messed that exam up. I had a death of a close family member on the weekend and I was thrown off my exam. I couldn't concentrate, and my examiners took me to the exam 2 minutes late(I was a private candidate), which meant I was supposed to have extra time but I didn't as they collected the papers in. I missed out so many questions, didn't get chance to fully read over my essay, and I wrote the english q's in french. My examiners applying for special consideration but I can't help thinking that I shouldn't have done the exam, she said they'd estimate grades. But I thought what if they estimate me lower. Now after I found that exam really difficult and ended up guessing some of the answers, I don't know what to expect. Just wish I had my extra time and read the bloody question :frown:
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
I completely messed that exam up. I had a death of a close family member on the weekend and I was thrown off my exam. I couldn't concentrate, and my examiners took me to the exam 2 minutes late(I was a private candidate), which meant I was supposed to have extra time but I didn't as they collected the papers in. I missed out so many questions, didn't get chance to fully read over my essay, and I wrote the english q's in french. My examiners applying for special consideration but I can't help thinking that I shouldn't have done the exam, she said they'd estimate grades. But I thought what if they estimate me lower. Now after I found that exam really difficult and ended up guessing some of the answers, I don't know what to expect. Just wish I had my extra time and read the bloody question :frown:

Sorry, you'll get the grade you deserve, even if they have to estimate it. What grade were you expecting?
Best thing now is just concentrate on the A2 paper on Monday. For the essay, answer the question as it is and do not depart from it by rewriting one of your old essays unless it is directly answering the question.
What did people get for the matching question on film critiques, think it was question 8?
Reply 236
Original post by Gregalldis
What did people get for the matching question on film critiques, think it was question 8?

That was was an absolute nightmare to say the least...I don't remember exactly what I put but if you remember like the starting part I think I might be able to recall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AvKar
That was was an absolute nightmare to say the least...I don't remember exactly what I put but if you remember like the starting part I think I might be able to recall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember putting "difficile de faire...", "it was the (something) film of les printemps", something about stuntmen doing something but it wasn't that good/effective (cant remember much of the french)

I didn't understand much of the vocab so I tried to sort them out grammatically, it was such a tricky question
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Sorry, you'll get the grade you deserve, even if they have to estimate it. What grade were you expecting?
Best thing now is just concentrate on the A2 paper on Monday. For the essay, answer the question as it is and do not depart from it by rewriting one of your old essays unless it is directly answering the question.

Thank you, well I need an A for University but that's highly unlikely so I was hoping for a high C/B at least from the written papers.
Yes I will be doing that soon, the funeral is tomorrow so hopefully i'll be able to focus on A2 afterwards.
Thanks for all your help again, I really appreciate it
Does anyone else have an unofficial mark scheme for the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest