The Student Room Group

My boyfriend smells bad.

I don't think his family help him with washing his clothes and he's too lazy to do everyday chores himself, so when he comes to stay mine he smells of body odour and my mum and her boyfriend pull me aside privately to complain. They don't want me to tell him that they think he smells as he will be offended, but whenever I ask him to take a shower and put on fresh clothes he moans! I even wash his clothes for him but he puts them on without showering! I don't understand why he doesn't care about personal hygiene, but we've been together 3 years and I love him a lot, so I'm not leaving him over it. How am I supposed to overcome this issue?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek:
Tell him to grow up and look after himself. =/
Reply 3
Or take a shower with him. Everyone wins

Spoiler

....well that explains that stanky ass smell i've been whiffing up.
hahahahahahahahaha this is funny AF
Original post by UWS
Or take a shower with him. Everyone wins

Spoiler

not with all that dick cheese he has built up from not showering..
What I don't get is how you get in a 3 year relationship with a guy who doesn't wash
Reply 8
give him a lynx set for all occasions; birthday, christmas, your birthday, Hanukkah and your anniversary. hell soon get the message.
Washing is not natural, people haven't washed for thousands of years and were a lot healthier, it is an unnatural thing forced on us by water supply companies making us pay for water that we dont actually need.
Reply 10
Tell Daario to have a wash then
Tell him not to come round if he aint fresh and showred
I'm single so that must mean I'm physically and personality wise more unappealing then this guy's body odor :s-smilie:
Original post by Zargabaath
I'm single so that must mean I'm physically and personality wise more unappealing then this guy's body odor :s-smilie:

I'm done.:toofunny:
Ew
If hinting to him won't help, like suggesting that he 'might want to get a shower now before the hot water runs out' or something, then sit him down and tell him straight. Let him know that's it's noticeable to you, and other people are noticing it too. Tell him you can't keep running around like you're his mother and that he needs to learn to look after himself a bit. He's old enough to shower regularly and wash his clothes. If he's mature enough to handle a long term relationship, he's mature enough to practice personal hygiene.
Original post by Zargabaath

Are you stinky and ugly?
Original post by mkap
give him a lynx set for all occasions; birthday, christmas, your birthday, Hanukkah and your anniversary. hell soon get the message.

I'm sure the message has already been received by her directly telling him to shower... He just moans about it getting him deodrant won't do anything.

Original post by Anonymous
Must be a white guy :lol:

I know white guys who shower twice a day....

post would be more realistically probably if you put non-Muslim but even then...
I didn't realize that washing yourself was an everyday chore.
Original post by DaenerysT
I don't think his family help him with washing his clothes and he's too lazy to do everyday chores himself, so when he comes to stay mine he smells of body odour and my mum and her boyfriend pull me aside privately to complain. They don't want me to tell him that they think he smells as he will be offended, but whenever I ask him to take a shower and put on fresh clothes he moans! I even wash his clothes for him but he puts them on without showering! I don't understand why he doesn't care about personal hygiene, but we've been together 3 years and I love him a lot, so I'm not leaving him over it. How am I supposed to overcome this issue?

If you were good enough, he would volunteer to have shower with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply