The Student Room Group

How was the HISTORY exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StandardBrain
I did road to world war one, league of nations and peace keeping and Hitler's Germany.

I did the Same how did you find it?
Thank you and yeah I do - it's going to be such hard work:/
Good luck! Russia sounds interesting - I have to do Britain (not sure what the papers called tho lol) I did USA last year!! If you need help in it, just ask :smile: Are you doing the 1930-2000 one?
Im guessing terror = chaos made by Nazis in Austria-Hungary to make Schuchnigg resign and promote Syzz-Inquart as Chancellor of Austria-Hungary as Hitler wanted Anschluss which was the unification of Germany and Austria :biggrin:

That's not on our spec so we didn't learn that but I basically wrote about how Hitler used the Gestapo to arrest opposition and treat them brutally to let the public know that therr is no mercy for disobedience. Hitler wanted an obedient population so he could fulfil his aims (lebensraum, final solution).
Reply 83
did ocr cold war & usa it was ok! rushed a couple of questions but my essay questions were rlly good!
Original post by hamza772000
I'm 15 too, I feal really young.:smile:What subjects are you doing next year?

Im doing A levels:
-> maths
-> physics
-> biology

+ I want to go to uni, so my life will be busy till then, im thinking of changing maths because its a subject with a lot of algebra in, (which I don't need) and if I change maths then physics has to go as well, so biology can stay and I'll choose a different source of subjects and see what various degree courses they will unlock me.
Original post by AxSirlotl
That's not on our spec so we didn't learn that but I basically wrote about how Hitler used the Gestapo to arrest opposition and treat them brutally to let the public know that therr is no mercy for disobedience. Hitler wanted an obedient population so he could fulfil his aims (lebensraum, final solution).

Nice, did you mention that the gestapo were a secret police force? Or why Hitler used the gestapo to arrest people? Because your answer could be questioned by the examiner, or inspected in a negative way as in why the Gestapo were used, so explanation is needed in your answer.
Im guessing the word "opposition" means his political enemies and you may have got that on a slight twist as in the gestapo didn't exactly arrest opposition, Hitler used the article 48 after the Reichstag fire which was the "decree for protection" so Hitler could arrest anyone who he thought was suspicious. Another point is that the Enabling Act: Hitler had made deals with his oppositions, which made them sign the Enabling Act, which gave Hitler the "ONE PARTY STATE" and this also allowed him to make laws without consulting anyone else + there were no oppositions due to the night of the long knives.
Original post by Adilpatel
I did the Same how did you find it?

It was really easy in my opinion, it wasn't like last years past paper and that question about describing the events after the Czechoslovakian Crisis was pretty similar to one of the past paper questions I did earlier in year 11.
Im doing A levels:
-> maths
-> physics
-> biology

+ I want to go to uni, so my life will be busy till then, im thinking of changing maths because its a subject with a lot of algebra in, (which I don't need) and if I change maths then physics has to go as well, so biology can stay and I'll choose a different source of subjects and see what various degree courses they will unlock me.
Cool, I'm going to be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing.
I want to get into Engineering in Uni so Maths and Physics are vital, and that's not a problem for me as I love Maths anyways, hence why I also chose Further Maths.:smile:
P.S: I'll be busy too, next year.:frown:
Nice, did you mention that the gestapo were a secret police force? Or why Hitler used the gestapo to arrest people? Because your answer could be questioned by the examiner, or inspected in a negative way as in why the Gestapo were used, so explanation is needed in your answer.
Im guessing the word "opposition" means his political enemies and you may have got that on a slight twist as in the gestapo didn't exactly arrest opposition, Hitler used the article 48 after the Reichstag fire which was the "decree for protection" so Hitler could arrest anyone who he thought was suspicious. Another point is that the Enabling Act: Hitler had made deals with his oppositions, which made them sign the Enabling Act, which gave Hitler the "ONE PARTY STATE" and this also allowed him to make laws without consulting anyone else + there were no oppositions due to the night of the long knives.

I explained what the Gestapo were and what they did. I'm sure that they arrested opponents to Nazi rule such as communists and people who'd reportedly spoken badly about the Nazis.
Reply 89
You can't hit many marks without interpreting and using your own knowledge, hopefully we all have another history exam soon and please do not make a mistake on the next one, I am guessing it will be hard, good luck :biggrin:

Oh sorry, I meant that I didn't talk about how reliable/unreliable the sources were, that's what I meant, sorry for being unclear!
Original post by s_bevs00
Oh sorry, I meant that I didn't talk about how reliable/unreliable the sources were, that's what I meant, sorry for being unclear!

Its fine, to hit the 4-5 mark boundary you need to talk about its reliability, interpreting and using your own knowledge will get you to about 2-3 marks and the last mark is telling the examiner what the purpose of the source is, my history exam went really easy, I tended to answer the questions in about 3 or 4 paragraphs per question which altogether I written about 32 pages which is 3 booklets and 2 pages :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope yours went fine, good luck with the rest of your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending